Why is Woakes faster than Starc?

Hester

County Cricketer
See title. I'm playing as England v Aus and have the AI set to pro with bowling difficulty on medium. Woakes is able to bowl consistent 99mph balls but Starc only gets to about 92, and is usually around 85. Find this quite weird and don't feel it's something I should have to alter settings for...but I'd like a bit more reality in my game. I'm just not sure what to change. AI batting is fine, so don't want to increase to veteran. And I don't want to increase bowl speeds as that'll make me faster too, won't it?

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Hester

County Cricketer
Pace slider in woakes' skills maybe.

That's a good idea. I'm not sure how to make changes "stick" though. For instance, when I changed Bairstow's and Paine's voices from Canadian to English and Aussie, I saved changes but the players' accents were back to Canadian when I started a match. I know I'm missing a step but can't figure it out.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
See title. I'm playing as England v Aus and have the AI set to pro with bowling difficulty on medium. Woakes is able to bowl consistent 99mph balls but Starc only gets to about 92, and is usually around 85. Find this quite weird and don't feel it's something I should have to alter settings for...but I'd like a bit more reality in my game. I'm just not sure what to change. AI batting is fine, so don't want to increase to veteran. And I don't want to increase bowl speeds as that'll make me faster too, won't it?

Any suggestions?
By default he's set to Fast, in reality he's Fast Medium. You can change that part of the licensed players.

A55MAN

School Cricketer
I'd change Kemar Roach from fast to fast medium and Tymal Mills from fast medium to fast.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The default teams are horribly set up, which is staggering because they are licensed and it's AC's main drawcard. You will notice Alistair Cook is a brute, or aggresive, and Joe Root has hardly any judgment. So yeah a lot of work has gone into the game and some basic things have been missed with the actual main players.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The default teams are horribly set up, which is staggering because they are licensed and it's AC's main drawcard. You will notice Alistair Cook is a brute, or aggresive, and Joe Root has hardly any judgment. So yeah a lot of work has gone into the game and some basic things have been missed with the actual main players.
I would totally agree with you. I think the skills are applied randomly. At one stage during the beat process they were a lot lower.

Users who are viewing this thread