Why T20 sucks...

khalek

Panel of Selectors
New Zealand beats India everytime, Pakistan thrashes New Zealand and India pwns Pakistan...

What does this mean? :eek:

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Would you rather want to watch a 50 over game for seven hours?

Yes, anyday.

Twenty20 is terrible. I wish we lived in a world without it. Poor players can actually go well my closing their eyes and taking a swing. It's just hit and giggle. Twenty20 cricket is the worst form of cricket to watch and to play, by a mile. I'm not even going to go into my rage state.

nz0003

International Cricketer
Yes, anyday.

Twenty20 is terrible. I wish we lived in a world without it. Poor players can actually go well my closing their eyes and taking a swing. It's just hit and giggle. Twenty20 cricket is the worst form of cricket to watch and to play, by a mile. I'm not even going to go into my rage state.

Why is Twenty20 so bad? Its just there for entertainment, nothing more and nothing less. Anyone can beat anyone on any single day, I just don't like when everyone takes it so serious. Its good to watch, I would rather watch Twenty20 than no cricket. You're just being a little girl... oh wait.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
i think Test Cricket is the best form of cricket (provided it is played between strong nations)
then comes T20.
i can't find any reason why OD cricket shouldn't die in the next 5 years.

and yeah, NZ beat India in all their previous encounters because India didn't play well in any of them.
as simple as that!

King Cricket

International Coach
Would you rather want to watch a 50 over game for seven hours?

Actually, I would want to watch any cricket match. Be it a test, be it an ODI, be it a T-20. T-20 doesn't suck, it's just like that- you will have to whack if you wanna score. What's wrong with it I don't get. It's just another form of cricket, a form which ensures that we remain thrilled and entertained as long as it is on. Yeah, of course it's not any serious cricket, it's something quite light-hearted- but what's wrong in taking a break from your daily hard labours and enjoying a light-hearted less serious cricket match for 3 hours to freshen up your mind? I will agree that an overkill of T-20s might prove fatal to the other two forms of the game, but there's nothing wrong in watching and enjoying one/two T-20 tournaments.

King Cricket added 2 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Why is Twenty20 so bad? Its just there for entertainment, nothing more and nothing less..

Exactly. Exactly my point. Good post. Why are you guys taking it this seriously? It's just some light-hearted cricket which is there to entertain us. It's something light-hearted man, just sit back and enjoy it. No big deal.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Why is Twenty20 so bad? Its just there for entertainment, nothing more and nothing less. Anyone can beat anyone on any single day, I just don't like when everyone takes it so serious. Its good to watch, I would rather watch Twenty20 than no cricket.

It's taken way to serious. I mean, it gets a whole world cup FFS! It is boring to watch. I liked it when it was 1 game in the Australian season, maybe 2 max, after the Tests and ODI's were finished. It's gone way over the top now. Twenty20's featuring in every series, getting World Cups, getting tournaments where a player plays a couple of games, does nothing, or maybe shuts his eyes and has a swing, then gets payed unheard of money, millions of dollars sometimes. It's ridiculous, it's insane.

With 1 game, or 2 games maximum, during your countries summer against the teams you played in Tests and ODI's, with a one off game, with players miked up, it's awesome to watch and get into. It's just been overkillled and overplayed.

i think Test Cricket is the best form of cricket (provided it is played between strong nations)
then comes T20.
i can't find any reason why OD cricket shouldn't die in the next 5 years.

and yeah, NZ beat India in all their previous encounters because India didn't play well in any of them.
as simple as that!

You realize that one day cricket saved Test crickets arse?

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
can you please justify your statement?

Well years ago, Test cricket was dying off. The games were very boring, and lots of games were draws. Then, Kerry Packer introduced One Day cricket and the whole thing of World Series Cricket, and bringing it to the international arena. This lead to batsmen playing much more aggressive, and then Test cricket started to get more results, rather than draws, and become much more interesting and appealing to the general public.

King Cricket

International Coach
I mean, it gets a whole world cup FFS

Emm..what's wrong with that? The ODI World Cup still remains the main and real WC, this is just something light-hearted. Also, it's just a two and a half week long tournament which proves my point. It's nothing serious, just for your enjoyment.

Twenty20's featuring in every series

One T20 per series, too much?

getting tournaments where a player plays a couple of games, does nothing, or maybe shuts his eyes and has a swing, then gets payed unheard of money

I agree that the money factor in T-20s is a bit extreme, but umm..a domestic T-20 tournament of your country every year, a WC after every two years, and one T-20 match per series- too much?

Users who are viewing this thread