why wont tomorrow's AUS vs NZ warm up match be broadcasted in INDIA?

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
while pathetic one sided contests are being broadcasted,why are espn star not broadcasting this match? I just checked the TV timings in espnstar.com

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Because it's not being broadcast here. We are the host broadcaster and are showing Bangladesh-Sri Lanka and England-Scotland instead.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why should India always have their practice games broadcasted? All of their U-19 games are broadcasted in the U-19 WC, all of their practice games were broadcasted in 2007 WC, and all their women WC games were broadcasted.

And you're whining about 1 little T20 game thats a practice match not being broadcasted in India that doesn't even involve India. Hmmm.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
That's because NZ is my favourite team despite me being an Indian.any average cricket fan knows what the trans-tasman rivalry brings to cricket.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
We don't get it in Australia, New Zealand or in England from their host broadcast, why would India get it?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
We don't get it in Australia, New Zealand or in England from their host broadcast, why would India get it?
Probably because cricket is far more popular in India than in all three of those countries. We have two dedicated cricket channels, do these three countries have even one? Also, IIRC, India (Star Cricket) broadcast practice games during India's last tour of England that were not even broadcast in England, so sometimes they do broadcast games when the host country doesn't care. I suppose the ICC's issues with rights would prevent anyone from doing something similar here.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Because it's not being broadcast here. We are the host broadcaster and are showing Bangladesh-Sri Lanka and England-Scotland instead.

It is being broadcasted in the UK. Only sky digital viewers can watch it via the red button as the England match will get priority to be live on Sky Sports 1

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Didn't see anything in Sky NZ, they usually show those red button games for the League live. Guess they didn't want to pay the extra cost.

Users who are viewing this thread