Will Bangladesh ever win a test match again?

Can they?

• Yes, they can

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • No, never.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Only if Akram Khan starts playing for the team again.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

khalek

Panel of Selectors
As we all know that Bangladesh have only won 1 test match and that was against Zimbabwe who are no longer in the Test rankings. So What do you guys think? :D

piriyanth

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
They have a good chance to beat teams like NZ and Pakistan
because NZ is a very weak test team and Pakistan haven't played test for ages

Last edited:

khalek

Panel of Selectors
I think chances are there but if we dont win a match in the next year or so I think the test status will be lost. May be if we dont lose too many matches by innings then we can say that we are improving. In the last 2 tests, we gave SL a good fight but that was at home. Several times this has happened while playing at home that we get to the 5th day and mess it up in the end and when we go away, we always lose by an innings or perform a bit better if rain interrupts.

As you said, we have good chances against NZ. We gave them a really good fight last October but I dont think we can beat Pakistan because their batting looks strong. They looked really good against SL, I know the pitches were flat but still they faced Murali and Mendis with ease. Personally, I feel we can also beat SL or West Indies. For beating SL I think we need to wait for Murali to retire and West Indies have inexperience in their side especially in the bowling department so I think these two teams might be the victims of our next win :D

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
they could have won vs NZ the last time they were here, but gave it away...

King Cricket

International Coach
They have a good chance to beat teams like NZ and Pakistan
because NZ is a very weak test team and Pakistan haven't played test for ages

Pakistan?!!! No chance at all. What if they haven't played a test match for ages? They still are a formidable test outfit. With a number of star players. And NZ, well they have a chance- but they need to play matches and tour Kiwiland. I can't remember the last time I saw Bangladeshi cricketers wearing a test jersey. Is there anything wrong with their test side? Why aren't they playing matches? If they want to win, they need to play matches. India, Sri Lanka, and almost all the teams except for Australia and England were like Bangladesh at some point of time. Look at us/them now. How did we learn? We played more and more matches and we analyzed and rectified the mistakes we commited in those matches. It took a long time, but it did happen as all can see. This is the way a team learns. We should all keep in mind that the Bangla Brigarde is just 9 years old in test cricket. I think nobody expected them to rise to the fame this early, and it didn't happen. But they are learning, they are getting stronger- the burning example is the 07 WC and that test vs Australia. They are slowly turning to a good side. They now just need to play matches, win, lose, draw- just forget them. They just need to play. Remember, after we got a test license, we (India) took 50 years before we could win a test. And look at us now, the second best test side. How did we do it? Patience and hard work, that's the key. Bangladesh needs to do the same.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Of course they will win again, they have lots of youngsters atm so with more experience those guys will be better for the run and one day are bound to click.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
If Ashrafool works out how to bat sensibly and make the most of his fantastic potential then Bangaldesh have a fantastic chance. They've got some superb young players, even the bowlers are starting to look better as well now, with Mashrafe and Shakib performing well in recent times. I like quite a few of the Bangladeshi players, especially Ashraful, but just wish they'd capitalise on their raw talent!

khalek

Panel of Selectors
We seriously need a good pacer to share the new ball with Mashrafe and another good top order/opening batsman like Tamim. Mashrafe is a lone fighter, he is fighting hard at one end and the likes of Shahadat Hossain always mess it up at the other end bowling short without any pace. Mahbubul surely did look impressive, he can swing the ball away from right handers and gets some reverse swing as well but he is too low on pace. Nazmul looks like a good ODI bowler so I can only expect him to get better. Rubel Hossain without a doubt is the quickest bowler Bangladesh have ever produced. Bowls at 140+, his short deliveries and bouncers are his strengths. So if these three can develop themselves at international level then I think our future is bright in the bowling department and it will take a lot of pressure out of the batsmen and we won't probably lose too many matches by an innings.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
they'll win quite a few, we're talking long distance future but the infastructure is there to become a top 4 nation.

they've had set backs recently loosing an entire team practically to the IPL. Kapali should be there, aftab and nafees as well.

They'll pull it together once their batting line-up gets it together. Tamin Iqbal is a genuine talent, and shakib could be one of the best all rounders in the world.

just needs time, the job they have to do is get these players learning to lead without necessarily ever having been lead before. It's easier for someone like hughes or duminy to come into their team and be taken under the wing of experienced internationals. Mortaza, Iqbal, Saleh, they have to learn to bowl or bat like proper test players without the privelege of tutelage. but they will do it, there will be a mind somewhere in that country capable of taking the world on.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
they wont win unless they play tests. for a country that has test status the gap between the tests they play is too big. the only team they can play on a regular basis is Zimbabwe and they cant play tests against them.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
They will surely win Vs England :cool:

Many of the Bangladesh players are in the ICL(?), they need to come back, with a good experienced coach.

> ZIA KHAN <

School Cricketer
I think so they will win the test match by good luck and hard practice :D

CoolzEng45

Club Cricketer
I think they can win in Test if they are work hard and some very good talent players

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
I think they will win a lot of test matches in the future. They need to keep juniors coming through, get their players back from the ICL, get a big name, good, experienced coach and start negotiating with the ICC to let them play more matches.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Currently their biggest chance to win a Test match is when Zimbabwe regains Test status.

But Bangladesh will eventually start winning Test matches, because their youth is pretty good compared with other countries.

Users who are viewing this thread