IPL will guys like mcdonald and mills get to play even a single match this season?

srikarr12

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
They should earn it or come in if someone is injured. This isnt school cricket where everyone gets a go at batting or bowling. Think about all the other sports football, NBA........they dont put on random's one just for the sake of it. This, if it is consistently kept will imo will increase the competition and skill levels of player to break into the XI which should benefit all.

stefan

International Coach
Their hardly the only ones. Morne Morkel and Glen McGrath have done more interviews than play so far.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
How exactly can fringe players earn a place? Is there a 2XI competition? By earning a place do you mean if they are really good running on with a towel they'll get a bat? I do wonder what the point in having such large player rosters is. Fine the players are earning a bit of cash, but I think in the future once they've taken their paycheck for a couple of seasons IPL will struggle to attract fringe players to fill the squads. It may be fine and good to take the cash, but it's not doing their international chances any good, benchwarming is hardly good practice for the World T20 for example.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
What exactly is the rule for eligibility for the T20 WC? Does the player actually have to play a game? As NSW could use the services of Warner seeing how Delhi aren't using him.

The fringe players I can't see getting a game though, of the ones I know McGrath and Warner would be the closest to selection.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Eligibility for the players would be down to the criteria set by the countries boards. I wasn't suggesting they couldn't play in T20 WC, just that it isn't exactly the fantastic practice they made out it would be.

srikarr12

Club Cricketer
These players arent getting much game time because the concentration of International Players in the IPL is very high atm. Wait in a couple of years when there are more teams which then hopefully the concentration will decrease. And then you will see more entertainment and skill displayed.

Users who are viewing this thread