WIN! Your chance to get a copy of DBC14 on Steam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MU11EN

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
DBC Academy

Matt,

I am unsure of what you mean by what you said. If you mean going to the full game page and clicking on "Download Free Demo" from there, then it doesn't work.

Last edited:

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I am unsure of what you mean by what you said. If you mean going to the full game page and clicking on "Download Free Demo" from there, then it doesn't work.
Have you downloaded steam app and/or got a steam account?

MU11EN

School Cricketer
DBC Academy

Yes I have an account and downloaded the app. It says "Not available to purchase" when I try.

Just to let you know I use a mac.

Last edited:

border33

Club Captain
Yes I have an account and downloaded the app. It says "Not available to purchase" when I try.

Just to let you know I use a mac.

It's a windows based game only. The only way to run it on a mac is to install windows on it

MU11EN

School Cricketer
It's a windows based game only. The only way to run it on a mac is to install windows on it

Is there any way to run it on mac without windows?

MU11EN

School Cricketer
You could try something like Wine or Crossover, but there's no guarantee it will run.

Big Ant could probably also look into Cider, but that's not available as a consumer product.

Thanks for the help, but the Wine didn't work and you have to pay for crossover. Do you know when the demo/game will be available for mac?

BTW, I do have a Windows computer but it is a very old one and I tried DBC Academy on it and it didn't work due to something to do with the processor or something like that.

Other than that, I appreciate the effort from Big Ant and Matt.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Do you know when the demo/game will be available for mac?
I haven't seen any suggestion that it's in their plans - but obviously the more people on Macs speak up and mention that they want the game would help, but I'd say the issue is simply it's too small of a target market - similar to why it's not on Wii U.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I can't see us directly supporting the Mac for any version of DBC14.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The deadline was set to ensure that there would be enough time to decide a winner before the 26th. Likewise the idea was trying to give a consistent basis of comparison in deciding the winners by having restrictions on the specific kit/bat/players created.

However, given at the moment there's only 6 entries in total we might need to reconsider. But at the moment I'm assuming some might be working on perfecting an entry up until the deadline, so I don't want to potentially disadvantage them.

I suppose the easiest way of doing that is to just ask - how many people are working on an entry and would need more time?

The goal is obviously to give copies of the game to people who are going to make downloads for it - so we have a good community of modders at the time of release.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I'll extend the deadline until Monday, and give a double chance in the random draw to those who get it in on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread