NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
India and Australia to play in the finals of the world test championship. While this is India's second attempt to win the championship, Australia would fancy their chances against injury prone Indian side.

Australian Squad

Pat Cummins (c)Bowler
Steven Smith (vc)Middle order Batter
Scott Boland Bowler
Alex Carey †Wicketkeeper Batter
Cameron Green Batting Allrounder
Marcus Harris Opening Batter
Josh Hazlewood Bowler
Travis Head Middle order Batter
Josh Inglis †Wicketkeeper Batter
Usman Khawaja Top order Batter
Marnus Labuschagne Batting Allrounder
Nathan Lyon Bowler
Mitchell Marsh Allrounder
Todd Murphy Bowler
Matt Renshaw Batter
Mitchell Starc Bowler
David Warner Opening Batter

Indian Squad

Rohit Sharma (c)Top order Batter
Ravichandran Ashwin Bowling Allrounder
Srikar Bharat †Wicketkeeper Batter
Ishan Kishan †Wicketkeeper Batter
Ravindra Jadeja Allrounder
Virat Kohli Top order Batter
Mohammed Shami Bowler
Mohammed Siraj Bowler
Axar Patel Bowling Allrounder
Cheteshwar Pujara Top order Batter
Ajinkya Rahane Top order Batter
Shubman Gill Opening Batter
Shardul Thakur Bowler
Jaydev Unadkat Bowler
Umesh Yadav Bowler

Indian bowling attach is weak compared to Aussies. Hopefully we have a cracker of a game!

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was gonna post about India's WTC XI sooner or later:

Rohit :c:
Gill
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Jadeja/Ashwin/Axar :ar:
Srikar Bharat :wk:
Shardul Thakur :bwl:
Shami :bwl:
Siraj :bwl:
Unadkat/Umesh :bwl:

We could go for 6 batsmen with Kishan batting at 6 but I don't like the idea of going with a 4 bowler attack.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I was gonna post about India's WTC XI sooner or later:

Rohit :c:
Gill
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Jadeja/Ashwin/Axar :ar:
Srikar Bharat :wk:
Shardul Thakur :bwl:
Shami :bwl:
Siraj :bwl:
Unadkat/Umesh :bwl:

We could go for 6 batsmen with Kishan batting at 6 but I don't like the idea of going with a 4 bowler attack.
I like that lineup. Good batting depth till Thakur, probably will go with Umesh in place of Unadkat pending fitness and Jadeja because its not going to be a spinning deck and if it becomes he is a good threat as well. I however see Unadkat or Umesh not playing and we go with Jadeja Ashwin.

How about we have impact subs per inning :p

Bevab

Staff Member
I’d be mightily concerned with Thakur if he plays, he hasn’t been bowling effectively in the IPL and hasn’t been fully fit either despite what their management and him protest. I’d rather go with Shami, Siraj, Umesh and both of our spinners as Jadeja should be in the side as a batter regardless.

If Kishan demonstrates an ounce of keeping ability I reckon he’ll be a shock pick for the final. I’d have confidently said that he would have been the one playing if it was Shastri and Kohli at the helm but Dravid and Rohit have been quite conservative with his selections so far usually.

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
Umesh isn't 100% fit as well if I am correct. That's why he didn't play in second-half of IPL. Honestly, if it comes to choose between Umesh and Shardul, I will choose Shardul for his batting ability. Besides Umesh has always been a poor bowler in overseas conditions.

TharkiMan232

Club Captain
India
KKR
Profile Flag
India
I’d be mightily concerned with Thakur if he plays, he hasn’t been bowling effectively in the IPL and hasn’t been fully fit either despite what their management and him protest. I’d rather go with Shami, Siraj, Umesh and both of our spinners as Jadeja should be in the side as a batter regardless.

If Kishan demonstrates an ounce of keeping ability I reckon he’ll be a shock pick for the final. I’d have confidently said that he would have been the one playing if it was Shastri and Kohli at the helm but Dravid and Rohit have been quite conservative with his selections so far usually.
what about axar in place of thakur,I think he is more reliable

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
How about we have impact subs per inning :p

India would love to impact sub out Rihard Kettleborough, if he is standing in the game :laughter:
I’d be mightily concerned with Thakur if he plays, he hasn’t been bowling effectively in the IPL and hasn’t been fully fit either despite what their management and him protest.

I'd take my chances with Thakur. He is a bits and pieces players and can lend that depth to the batting if need be. Thakur can be expensive, however, he has a knack for getting wickets when the team needs him the most.

Bevab

Staff Member
what about axar in place of thakur,I think he is more reliable

Gill
Rohit C
Pujji
Kohli
KS Bharat WK
Jaddu
Axar
Siraj
Shami
Ashwin
Umesh

I’m not too sure if Axar will bring his BGT batting form overseas. If he does then I may be tempted to include him if Kishan could keep and bat a bit.

Bevab

Staff Member
India would love to impact sub out Rihard Kettleborough, if he is standing in the game :laughter:

I'd take my chances with Thakur. He is a bits and pieces players and can lend that depth to the batting if need be. Thakur can be expensive, however, he has a knack for getting wickets when the team needs him the most.

I still maintain that Thakur’s batting is a myth. Picking him for that aspect alone is risky.
Umesh isn't 100% fit as well if I am correct. That's why he didn't play in second-half of IPL. Honestly, if it comes to choose between Umesh and Shardul, I will choose Shardul for his batting ability. Besides Umesh has always been a poor bowler in overseas conditions.

If Umesh is also unfit then that’s a worry. Thakur’s batting is yet again something that I don’t trust. Umesh’s overseas record is a huge concern and I do think his style of bowling doesn’t translate well outside Asia but I believe he’s cleaned up his act a bit since then. We wouldn’t have won at the Oval without him taking three quick wickets in his spell after we posted a low total in the first innings. I’d have him ahead of Thakur if he’s fit.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Ajinkya has to play. Need solid middle order and slip catcher in the UK. My ideal XI would be,

The Prince
The Vada pao (jumbo edition)
The "block"buster
The "stupid" real KING
Jinx
K.S. Bharat
Sir Jaddu
Mr. Mankading
Lord
Shami
Siraj

:thumbs:p

Bevab

Staff Member
Ajinkya has to play. Need solid middle order and slip catcher in the UK. My ideal XI would be,

The Prince
The Vada pao (jumbo edition)
The "block"buster
The "stupid" real KING
Jinx
K.S. Bharat
Sir Jaddu
Mr. Mankading
Lord
Shami
Siraj

:thumbs:p

I don’t have the stats but is Rahane that reliable? KLR used to be the best slip catcher we had the last time I saw those numbers.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
If they're playing both Ash and Jadeja at 7 and 8 I'd say they don't need to pick the third quick based on batting prowess, so what about Unadkat for the left arm angle?

Users who are viewing this thread