• West Indies

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

squiz

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
After watching Pakistan's performance in the field today and throughout the VB Series they've inspired me to make a topic concerning the worst international fielding side.

Cast you votes!

Last edited:

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
Well I haven't seen the match today but i think India (esp. before Yuvraj and Kaif) can easily take the honours here... :)

langerrox

International Coach
pakistan drop so many chances and with inzaman he cant field a ball that is a cm to his let or right he just falls over bloody elephant

T20

Panel of Selectors
LOL! some of the mistakes I've seen from Bangladesh were quite funny..so Bangladesh it is.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Pakistan have dropped catches after catches in this VB series. But I think Bangladesh still take the cake. The cake....perhaps the rotted carrot cake, hehe. But fielding is something that should be high regardless of who you play because it isn't really something you gain experience from when you play at higher levels. But i guess you can argue that when you play against top competitions the shots go faster or whatever. There's pressure too.

But Bangladesh...when the catch goes up, as an opposition supporter you are not worried becasue there is a 50% chance it'll be dropped.

littlegenius90

1st XI Cricketer<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
now thats a tough one...
without yuvi and kaif...
maybe India...
but atleast they dont drop too many catches...
so Pak...

T20

Panel of Selectors
with Bangladesh I have seen 2/3 fielders dropping one catch or same fielder dropping 2/3 catches in a match :p

groobz

Club Cricketer
Havn't seen much of Bangladesh, but like others have said, pakistans fielding has been terrible in the vb series.

Ajit

Club Cricketer
India in 90's, undoubtedly the worst ever.

Even now, they are very poor when it comes to hitting a direct throw on stumps. Even Kaif and Yuvi aren't very perfect in this regard. They are quick yes, accurate no.
Also they(not Kaif and Yuvi) take a long time for pick up and throw close to the boundary line.

Nehra sometimes makes very poor bloopers.
Kumble can't be considered as a good fielder, neither can be Ganguly.
Laxman takes some stunning catches, but recently he's been dropping more.
Sehwag too is not always very good.

Strictly speaking, there are more weak points that strong ones.

Agreed, they don't drop catches, but they must be good in other aspects as well.
Current teams - worst India

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I guess if you take out the minnows then India and Pakistan are the two laggers in the fielding department but they have certainly improved from the past. They were led in the field by one great Parthiv Patel who made it a point to give every opposition batsmen at least one chance. I think in test matches, India's close-in catching (silly point and forward short leg) is really good.

India's weakness is hitting the stumps down and as a result run-outs are very rare. They also give away too many easy runs per match. Luckily this has been made up by good catching--everyone from Sehwag to Pathan can take decent catches. Even Zaheer Khan has taken some great catches at fine leg/third man. The weakest fielders in the team are Ganguly, Kumble and Laxman. Laxman may have good hands but apart from that he's too slow.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
My Opinion

I have voted for the West Indies as the worst fielding side because of the series England played there in Spring 2004. During the Test Matches and One Day Internationals, the Windies fielding was rather shoddy and nothing to be proud of.

Users who are viewing this thread