Worst sport, vote on opinion

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
DJ Ager said:
American football and Baseball

Cheap and simplified American versions of rugby and cricket. And only America play it.
You're about as ignorant as that guy who posted in the Cricket Chat forum the other day.

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
What is that supposed to mean? There's no need to be personal. This a thread is about people's opinions on their worst sports. So there is no need to have a go at me. If anything you should be saying that to Bala, who was being extremely sexist saying women's cricket!

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
DJ Ager said:
What is that supposed to mean?
This statement:

American football and Baseball

Cheap and simplified American versions of rugby and cricket. And only America play it.
Is incredibly ignorant.

Any confusion over my meaning now?

Just to make it clear for you, lets break down what you said into statements.

You said American Football is:

1. Cheap - No it isn't, that's why theres so much money in it.
2. A simplified version of Rugby - Wrong. A version of Rugby yes, but infinitely more complex than Rugby. If it was so simple, Rugby players would move to it to make loads of money.
3. Only played in America - Wrong. There are leagues all over the world, including the UK.

You said Baseball is:

1. Cheap - See American Football
2. A simplified version of Cricket - Wrong. It isn't even a version of cricket, both evolved from the same sport, townball. And it is just as complex in it's own way. If it was a simple version of cricket, cricket players would go and play it, as they'd make more money in one year playing baseball than in 10 years playing cricket.
3. Only played in America - Wrong. Sixteen countries took part in the last World Cup, Australia won the silver medal at the last Olympics. It is also played in the UK.

Fair enough if you don't like them, but get your facts straight.

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
1.Not cheap in a money sense, in poor quality
2. They aren't actually complex
3. Of course I know it is played in other countries, but how much do you hear of it, and the difference between America and the other countries are massive. On that statement, I could say cricket is played in almost every country, which would be true, but would you play a match between Argentina v Australia in cricket realistically.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
DJ Ager said:
1.Not cheap in a money sense, in poor quality
Fair enough, that's your opinion.

DJ Ager said:
Still showing your ignorance. Explain this to me. If they're simpler than Rugby and Cricket, why don't Rugby and Cricket players play them and make a shed load of money?

DJ Ager said:
3. Of course I know it is played in other countries
Nice to know that you can admit to being wrong.

James219

International Cricketer
andrew_nixon said:
Still showing your ignorance. Explain this to me. If they're simpler than Rugby and Cricket, why don't Rugby and Cricket players play them and make a shed load of money?

There are other mitigating factors concerned with members of one particular sport not switching codes- not exclusively financial based ones, as I'm sure you're aware of-....anyway, I agree with everything else you've said, although Union is unbelievably complicated when getting into forward theories/rules and all. And, everyone may be entitled to their own opinion (others don't really have to respect it, though)- I too don't really like American football/baseball- but calling them simple on the basis of no understanding or appreciation for the game is ignorant behaviour, as Nixon has pointed out....

Last edited:

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
I hate american football because I just do. The game is too stop start (you have to stop if you get tackled!!!) they're to wimpish to go without a helmet or pads and they think it's football and get the real thing called soccer. I really hate that.

James219

International Cricketer
Drewska said:
I hate american football because I just do.

Yeah, fair enough, so do I, but to go so far as to call it cheap and simple is just.....I dunno, horrendously misinformed? Infact, I hate America's three most prized sports (well, basketball, baseball and american football, not completely sure whether they actually are), but all are complicated and demand as much skill as most other activities do in their own right.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Drewska said:
and they think it's football and get the real thing called soccer. I really hate that.
American Football is a form of football, so there's no problem with that.

Soccer is a term invented by the English, as an abbreviation for Association Football.

Bala

International Coach
DJ Ager said:
If anything you should be saying that to Bala, who was being extremely sexist saying women's cricket!
DJ Ager said:
This a thread is about people's opinions on their worst sports.
You have any problem with me labelling Women's Cricket? Thats my personal opinion. If I am bloody sexist then I should have billed Women's Tennis, Football, Volleyball, Archery, Hockey and a hell lot of other sports in which women take part.

I say Women's cricket does not fit the bill because it just does. I am from a country where cricket is close to being considered a religion. And what place do we have here for the eves' cricket? nothing. Its all due to the entertainment factor which a game provides and should provide. If a game doesn't give that, then why the heck should it remain. As long as the standard of women's cricket stays the same, it is worst IMHO. No need to go and get pissed off!

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Bala said:
I say Women's cricket does not fit the bill because it just does. I am from a country where cricket is close to being considered a religion. And what place do we have here for the eves' cricket? nothing. Its all due to the entertainment factor which a game provides and should provide. If a game doesn't give that, then why the heck should it remain. As long as the standard of women's cricket stays the same, it is worst IMHO. No need to go and get pissed off!​
Why are you coming to this forum if you don't like cricket?​

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
andrew_nixon said:
Why are you coming to this forum if you don't like cricket?[/left]
He didn't say he didn't like Cricket, he said he didn't like Womens Cricket. To be honest I dont give two hoots about womens cricket, in the same way I dont go down to the park to watch village cricket. Just because you like 1 level of the sport doesnt mean you have to like all levels. I love watching football but wouldnt go and watch a bunch of overweight fat gits from the pub play down the park either. Maybe fun to play but not great to watch.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Worst sport to watch, golf. Worst sport to play, American football.

DJ Ager said:
Baseball may not be as complex when comes to understanding the game, but playing it is a different story. But you can't compare it to cricket.

Football on the other hand is ultimately more complex than most people seem to think.

andrew_nixon said:
It isn't even a version of cricket, both evolved from the same sport, townball.
That I did not know.

Users who are viewing this thread