Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
tba-wwe-12-20110530093457462.jpg

THQ accounced earlier this morning that they are bringing some big and new changes to their WWE Franchise. Besides dropping the Smackdown vs Raw in the title, they also told us about these new features:

EXPERIENCE THE NEW WWE! ? WWE Action is redefined with new Predator Technology! This new system delivers a fresh and strategic gameplay experience that looks, feels and plays better than ever before. the gameplay you have demanded is finally here with the most fluid WWE action and realistic animations to date in a WWE videogame, improved A.I. and an all-new Breaking Point submission system!

DYNAMIC TV PRESENTATION ? Witness the most electrifying presenation in all of sports entertainment. A dynamic new broadcast camera system and badder visual presentation replicate everything you see on WWE?s television broadcasts. New rendering and lighting technologies will provide the most realistic WWE Superstars, WWE Divas and WWE Legends and best-looking in-ring action to date.

CREATE AND SHARE YOUR WWE ? WWE ?12′s best-in-class creation suite gives you the ability to create Superstars, entrances, finishing moves, storylines, Highlight Reels and all-new capabilities never before seen in a WWE videogame! Go online and upload your creations to share them with the WWE Universe and download creations from others to add to your own experience.

WWE UNIVERSE 2.0 ? Take control of your WWE career in a bigger, badder and better WWE universe. Your actions determine your destiny and shape your experience, as storylines, matches, alliances and rivalries are built based on your decisions.

ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA ? The Road to WrestleMania is fraught with action, drama, challenges, storyline twists and truns, and surprises. Which road will you pick, and what story will you tell, on your way to the biggest spectacle in sports entertainment?

The community team over there also posted an interview here with the Creative Director, Cory Ledesma. The interview is a pretty good read and Cory with a lot of questions being asked.

Q: There has been a ton of game franchises that have taken on a new name. Is WWE ?12 just a name change? How will we know? What is your favorite (other) franchise re-invention?

Cory: WWE ?12 is far from just a name change. Our goal has been to create a brand new experience with a new, high quality animation system, a new renderer and a new strategic gameplay experience that will look, feel and play substantially better than its predecessors. When you play the game, you?ll notice right away that you?re spending less time on the mat mashing buttons and more time enjoying the action with a faster paced gameplay flow, simpler game controls and the most fluid and realistic animations the game has ever seen. This is a true franchise reboot and not just a name change. It?s also an investment toward the future of the franchise, giving us the opportunity to use our new technology to push the game to new heights never seen before.

They released a bunch of new screenshots, see them below followed by the new debut trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Added wwe'12 Developer Q&A to first post.:)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Any sign of this one coming out on PC? Go on - new name, new format!! I hope they're going to retain WWE Universe mode.

Zidanes

Club Captain
Not even a single version of game (WWE raw vs smackdown) is released in PC..so this post is a waste for me but yes there is one stupid game compatible for pc version (WWE Raw Ultimate Impact).
You can check out WWE Raw V/s Smackdown 2011 for ps2 - It's a far better game than any other, it's having special events like - Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, Over the limit,cage matches even the back stage views.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Not even a single version of game (WWE raw vs smackdown) is released in PC..so this post is a waste for me but yes there is one stupid game compatible for pc version (WWE Raw Ultimate Impact).
You can check out WWE Raw V/s Smackdown 2011 for ps2 - It's a far better game than any other, it's having special events like - Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, Over the limit,cage matches even the back stage views.

Not at all - there were rumours of a WWE game coming out on the PC last year - they seem to have died though. I was hoping they'd just mix it all into this game, but I'm not going to get my hopes too high.

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Not at all - there were rumours of a WWE game coming out on the PC last year - they seem to have died though. I was hoping they'd just mix it all into this game, but I'm not going to get my hopes too high.
Code:
The project was to be the first SmackDown vs Raw game ever on PC. It would have marked THQ's fourth game in development exclusively for the growing PC online market.[2] It was promoted as part of the WWE SmackDown vs. Raw series. Though by May 2009 it was renamed WWE Online with ties to the series severed, at the E3 2010 event it was revealed to have been reverted.

On February 2, 2011, THQ held its quarterly earnings conference call and announced that the game was cancelled.

gilly

Club Captain
This time wwe 12 is also not released for ps2 :(..... This was the best game in ps2 :thumbs

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
The game looks promising.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Looks really good, but I know I'd play it to death if it was on PC. On the PS3, I'd probably only play it occasionally. Come on, THQ - you're missing out on millions by this outdated attitude towards the PC.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
WWE SVR needed some mighty upgrading to recapture the lost fans and perhaps invite attention of new ones. WWE 12 seems to be doing that. I am looking forward to this baby.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Nah, I'll pass this one. Looks exactly the same as SVR 11 after looking at the gameplay videos on Youtube.

Ahad

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'm not impressed at all. Same graphics and motions. Nothing new...

From WWF Smackdown 1 to WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2011, I bought all of them. Now it would be a waste of money

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag