Yorkers!

Jonnyboy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i got PS2 Cricket 2005, on medium difficulty and can smash anything short for 6! but what am i supposed to do with yorkers and really full balls. If i try and clip them down the leg side i get get out and very few times manage a single. CPU always bowling them. Also i won the 20/20 cup but i didnt get a trophy in my trophy room :s anyone find the same thing?

anakwalajinn

Club Cricketer
Yea defend is good for the players confidence, and DO NOT play shot and misses, the computer gets much confidence from defending every ball in an over, and if you have defended five of them, and on the six you try to hit six and miss, your confidence will go back 2 zero again :(

Top Score

School Cricketer
Jonnyboy said:
i got PS2 Cricket 2005, on medium difficulty and can smash anything short for 6! but what am i supposed to do with yorkers and really full balls. If i try and clip them down the leg side i get get out and very few times manage a single. CPU always bowling them. Also i won the 20/20 cup but i didnt get a trophy in my trophy room :s anyone find the same thing?

Save your profile before you exit the game after you win the tournament. This way it will save the trophies you win. Otherwise it will delete them.

Jonnyboy

School Cricketer
ye i do block them but its kinda boring doing that forever and if it isnt gona hit the stumps surely i can hit some shot to it. i did save my profile but still didnt come up, i won it twice and havent had it in the trophy room.

adthomp

International Cricketer
honestly had the game for a week now and have NOT yet been bold out to a yorker!!! why do people have problems with yorkers??? block it! in the real game thats all you can do !! or a chance of a staight drive

ScobieB

Club Cricketer
Yeah I come forward with the circle button just as the bowlers arm is coming over and drive it to the leg side.

Sarwanfan

School Cricketer
I charge down the ground and hit 'em for six if a fast bowler does a yorker ( only if confidence is high)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
FreddieFan said:
A full yorker? What the hell is a short yorker then?
:) the only yorker i knew was just that a yorker. If you get it wrong it becomes a full toss or a ball that is too full

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
With Cricket 2004 I hit a yorked ball for six all the time. But this game it isn't possible to hit a six on a yorker. Normally I play the ball to leg side.

kelvinismyname

Club Cricketer
yea juz defend them or do a leg glance till your confidence builds up then u can hit every yorker for six

KiShOrE

School Cricketer
You can do that even when your Confidence level is not High?

ScobieB said:
Yeah I come forward with the circle button just as the bowlers arm is coming over and drive it to the leg side.

You can do that even when your Confidence level is not High?

KiShOrE

Users who are viewing this thread