Young English keepers

I am always getting regen keepers who dominate.

I just got a guy who is better than Park and Pothas.

was averaging 48 in seconds.

I used John Crawley to start off in ICC06, he's old, but he's quite handy with the bat and by the time he retires there's usually a new regen who I look for, or Matt Prior is also my second choice.

Managing England is a pain in the ass though, especially against Sri Lanka. The English batsmen smash around the pace bowlers, then on come Samaraweera and Muralitharan and they usually destroy us.

Matt Prior and Stephen Adshead are my 2 keepers on my England save. Adshead's a flawless keeper on my game, but Prior is miles ahead with his batting so he plays most games. Most of my batsmen average close to 60 so I suppose i could afford to use Adshead as my main keeper; Prior doesn't make too many mistakes though.

Matt Prior and Stephen Adshead are my 2 keepers on my England save. Adshead's a flawless keeper on my game, but Prior is miles ahead with his batting so he plays most games. Most of my batsmen average close to 60 so I suppose i could afford to use Adshead as my main keeper; Prior doesn't make too many mistakes though.

I recently tried Adshead but he was dredful. Scored 7,2 and a 2 ball duck. Crawley has come in and scored consistently though so look like it will be Crawley and Cross fighting for the position in my team.

Prior is pretty decent on ICC '06.

And Samaraweera is ridiculously good for a player that in Real Life has been on the fringe for years, and now plays more as a batsman. In my game he averages 40+ as a batsman and under 25 as a spinner. Ouch.

pettini is excellent keeper for me and a great opener. when he retired as someone said you're screwed, i couldn't get a good one for ages

I used Luke Goddard for about 10 seasons, was a really good keeper, averaging 40+ in FC.

Prior is pretty decent on ICC '06.

And Samaraweera is ridiculously good for a player that in Real Life has been on the fringe for years, and now plays more as a batsman. In my game he averages 40+ as a batsman and under 25 as a spinner. Ouch.

I wish Samaraweera was on my game. He's great with the bat, but with the ball he averages 40. In my One Day side he's decent with the ball, yet his batting is rubbish, so I put him at 8. It's so frustrating.

I wish Samaraweera was on my game. He's great with the bat, but with the ball he averages 40. In my One Day side he's decent with the ball, yet his batting is rubbish, so I put him at 8. It's so frustrating.

Keep throwing him in at different positions in the line up to try and fine that special spot where he will play. I found North and Hodge's last season and they both scored around the 2000 mark in under 16 games. With the ball, maybe bring him in earlier or later than you are currently doing and try and vary his line and length, also try to go a little more aggressive at times.

Crawely did well for me in Test Matches whilst batting with Pietersen but in One Dayers and the 20/20's he did terrible and only managed to averaged about 15. For the world cup I only brought the one keeper(G.Jones) but I have only used him once, as Strauss and Trescothick seem to do a good enough job. Using a wicketkeeper batsmen always works in my game.

Users who are viewing this thread