Young Talents

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Ronchi and Hartley would be infront of Crostwaite and possibly even Paine. Ronchi I suspect will be our ODI keeper in the future straight swap for Gilly and if he gets consistent enough straight swap for Gilly in Test side and thats our keeping spot wrapped up for a good 5 years at least.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
aussie1st said:
Ronchi and Hartley would be infront of Crostwaite and possibly even Paine. Ronchi I suspect will be our ODI keeper in the future straight swap for Gilly and if he gets consistent enough straight swap for Gilly in Test side and thats our keeping spot wrapped up for a good 5 years at least.
I agree that Ronchi and Hartley are ahead, but Crosthwaite is a better keeper IMO, batting needs to improve though. I think Haddin will be the immediate replacement if Gilly retires within 2-3 years, otherwise I'd tip Hartley or Ronchi. I like Hartley personally.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
aus5892 said:
I know Cricket Captain can't be trusted for player ratings (Somehow Allan Wise is the best player in Australia, despite the fact that he is a fringe player for Victoria), but Bamaragame Amarasinghe (or something) is a good young sri lankan spinner in the game. Don't know anything about him though.
Whaddya know, he exists:
Baragamage Chandrika Niroshana Amarasinghe
Offspinner, pretty good stats.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I think India have a lot of fine prospects coming up. I haven't been following the junior league closely but we have a few batting prospects also coming up. Ambati Rayudu is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

langerrox

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
aussie1st said:
hartley? what he has done? nothing. ronchi and paine bar haddin would be the favourites atm.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
langerrox said:
hartley? what he has done? nothing. ronchi and paine bar haddin would be the favourites atm.
I like Hartley's ability, not necessarily his results.

And Paine has done less, he isn't even a keeper, he keeps in OD games only, and has only had a few good games. Haddin is the clear replacement right now, he's in great form. We can't take the England path and pick someone who is a decent batsman but not a good keeper. Gilchrist is a freak, and no one should be expected to match his results.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Paine has been keeping for Tassie in both comps, but his batting dropped right off after he started doing so, prompting them to reinstate Clingeleffer.

He will make the team, but not necessarily as a wicket keeper. 22 year olds simply don't make double hundreds and not go anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread