Who you think is best young talent cricketer !

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
India has lot of young talent but im afraid they will be too old when there time comes because the old guys in team are in no mood to retire. :)

manee

Chairman of Selectors
VRV? I think you horribly overlook so many great players--Rohit Sharma and Piyush Chawla, for example. VRV has had his chances, as have the previous two, and they have outshone him in all respects. If I remember correctly, VRV had problems picking up wickets against Bangladesh!

I really think he is talented.

Perm

School Cricketer
There are quite a few young players with Test or ODI exposure who have impressed me.

Alistair Cook, AB de Villiers, Ross Taylor, Michael Vandort, Mohammad Asif, Umar Gul and Jerome Taylor just to name a few :p

There are also others like JP Duminy, a fantastic batsmen, who is being picked in the wrong format of the game and a whole host of players who are dominating domestic cricket around the world, but look to be fantastic talents. James Harris, Luke Pomersbach, Jesse Ryder, Joe Denly, Billy Godleman, Luke Ronchi, Jean Symes, Manoj Tiwary, Piyush Chawla etc.

metallicamatty

School Cricketer
Brad Haddin, Cameron White, Phil Jaques, Shaun Tait are some names to look for in the Australian squad in the coming years.

Perm

School Cricketer
Brad Haddin, Cameron White, Phil Jaques, Shaun Tait are some names to look for in the Australian squad in the coming years.

Phil Jaques is already in the side, and will be for a fair few years as I can't see Chris Rogers usurping him. Shaun Tait needs to find himself playing cricket consistently, and that way he will put himself back into contention for the Test and ODI squad. Brad Haddin has to wait until Gilchrist retires before he'll get a chance, and by the time Gilly calls it quits then the selectors may feel Haddin is too old and opt for Luke Ronchi.

The less said about Cameron White the better really. Poor cricketer.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
The top young players in the world, i think, are:
1. Alastair Cook
2. Mohammed Asif
3. Michael Clarke
4. Stuart Broad
5. RP Singh

They are my top 5, Bravo just missed out.

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
1. Alastair Cook
2. Mohammed Asif
3. Michael Clarke
4. Stuart Broad
5. RP Singh

They are my top 5, Bravo just missed out.

i almost forgot about A.Cook
he's sertainly one of the best young talents out there.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Imran Farhat & Faisal Iqbal :p

Man these guys are not playing for Pakistan. Imran Farhat has joined ICL and come back to Pakistan is impossible. Faisal Iqbal though is good player but need to prove when picked (like in this match).

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Tests and T20s yes, but I don't feel he warrents a place in the ODI team.

Dont judge him in ODI by performance in India. In India every fast bowler will be murdered by batsmen so there perfomances dont really matter that much. He is much improved bowler and thats why he proved so in T20 in conditions which assist fast bowling.
Dont forget Umar Gul went for plent in the matches also and he is rated as one among best in business.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Luke Wright - he has brilliant talent batting and he can good player future in odi
RP Singh of India, can destroy a batting line-up on his day...
Alastair Cook. Best young player in the world by a mile.
Luke Wright gets my vote as he is an exciting young prospect for England in ODIs.
Dinesh Karthik, Irfan Pathan, and Robin Uthappa
Kieron Pollard- Got plenty of tallent and potential
India: Robin Uthappa/VRV Singh
i almost forgot about A.Cook
he's sertainly one of the best young talents out there.
1. Alastair Cook
2. Mohammed Asif
3. Michael Clarke
4. Stuart Broad
5. RP Singh

Quite a few of these guys haven't panned out yet. Just thought I would bring this thread up again. Two years later who are the best young talents in World Cricket.

Howsie added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Pomersbach is an absolute monstrosity. His FC strikerate of 74 is currently higher than his one day strikerate. In practice matches, he devastated both South African and English touring squads as if they were mere club sides.

I'm very keen to see Phil Hughes, seemingly a direct replacement at NSW for Jaques. At 18, he is the second youngest player to debut for the Blues in 30 years, behind Michael Clarke. As part of the Australian under-19s last season, he scored 2 fifties and 2 hundreds in five one dayers against Pakistan u-19. Against the Sri Lankans, playing for the Chairman's XI in October, he scored 49 before being stumped off Muralidaran.

Good call. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread