Your Favourite Memories

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Doesnt look overly impressive, the sound goes all funky after a little while of playing, the game plays fine though. Good for nostalgia but i will stick to C07 for serious gameplay.

Benauds appreci

Club Cricketer
Thanks KP...I played a 20 over game this afternoon...SA v Zimbabwe.

Managed to hit a few nice shots but my bowling left a lot to be desired.
Kept forgetting which buttons were for which type of delivery.

Enjoyable all the same. The bowling was always cranky on this game....ie, good line and length balls generally get smacked to the boundary and poorly placed balls generally get holed out for a catch.

fisch

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has to be:

'(Name of medium pace part-timer e.g. Waugh)..............steaming in'

Always made me giggle a little.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
yeah, and when Boycott would mumble during the time between overs - classic stuff that.

hindleyite

School Cricketer
Whenever you really skied a shot, Agnew would go "In the air..... and safe". About five seconds later: "A brilliant catch!" when the ball comes back to earth.

Fielders taking catches over the boundary rope and them being allowed.

Stupid AI playing hook/pull shot to yorkers!

Ah, memories.

voldemort

International Coach
Hey not fair...

I have cricket 2004, 2005, 2007 and the only game i have right now installed on my pc is BLC 99...

Benauds appreci

Club Cricketer
Has to be:

'(Name of medium pace part-timer e.g. Waugh)..............steaming in'

Always made me giggle a little.

[chortle]....yes I remember that fisch........another great commentary was Boycott stating either..."eeeeee didn't try tooooo 'it it tooooo 'aaarrd", or maybe, "thaaaat was so short my mum coooold 'ave 'it it".

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Whenever you really skied a shot, Agnew would go "In the air..... and safe". About five seconds later: "A brilliant catch!" when the ball comes back to earth.

No...it was "In the air...and safe...'nd out"

Benauds appreci

Club Cricketer
No...it was "In the air...and safe...'nd out"

Aggers just added to the tension manee.:)

When the slog came....and you heard those "in the air" tones...you just knew that the result of the game probably hinged on the next 3-5 seconds of gameplay.

Great stuff.....not like the current EA game where catches are usually pouched every time.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Haha, yeah. Tis game no doubt had the most enjoyable commentary...Better then Richie sounding like hes about to cark it.

Get Boycott back in there!

"He Reeeeeeallly made a mess out of that one there:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
"Ranatunga steaming in".

Arguing with my friend about whether to give Wasim another over during his first spell of 5 for 45 off 5 overs in our County level test v Sri Lanka.

Laughing at my friend being hurt when I called his innings of 4 off 58 balls with Inzamam on County level a "terrible innings".

Scoring 134 off 92 balls and then taking 3 for 0 off 3 overs with Asif Mujtaba.

Prasad diving full length from one side off the pitch to the other to take a caught and bowled to claim a hat trick.

Slogging an on drive over the top of a light tower at the MCG with Shane Warne. Well it was HIS game, and HIS home ground.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
"Ranatunga steaming in".

Hahaha!!! Yeah, Sri Lanka would always use him for a quick spell wouldn't they?

I loved how the commentator said steeeeeeeeeeaming in lol Really made the impression he was a quickie;)

Those are some great memories.

Benauds appreci

Club Cricketer
Oh..the great feeling I used to get playing a backfoot square cut to the boundary......fantastic.

So much so that I used to move the batsman as far away down leg stump so that i could play this enigmatic shot.

But then I would choose to play games against S Africa.....a certain Alan Donald bowling.......and the batting became hell!!!

Happy memories...I was only a young 44 year old when I started playing this game!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread