• KP's Switch Hit

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Hayden's walking down the pitch maneuver to fast bowlers

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • French Cut

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Reverse Sweep

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Dhoni's windmill shot over the long on region.

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

metallics2006

International Coach
Not many would have seen,ut my favorite would be Uthappa's walking down the track six.
I can remember him do that one agianst B.lee in the CB series I guess.Did many other times too.
The shot played over the mid-wicket region? It looks like a pull shot right?

metallics2006

International Coach
Dhoni's windmill shot that can send yorkers back into the stands, the T20 shot that Misbah played in the last WC final, Douglas Marilier's scoop shot with which he beat India in the death overs in an ODI played some years back etc.

Let me rephrase my sentence. Shots that were not played 15 years back?

and what shot other than KP switch hit wasn't played 15 years ago.

Looks like I aint good at this.:p

Well, you get the picture.

bladescape

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I personally like Tendulkar's limbo cut he played in the CB series.

EDIT:I suppose it would count as an upper cut in reality.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Dhoni's windmill shot that can send yorkers back into the stands, the T20 shot that Misbah played in the last WC final, Douglas Marilier's scoop shot with which he beat India in the death overs in an ODI played some years back etc.

Looks like I aint good at this.:p

Well, you get the picture.

I'm sorry but a guy walking down the pitch and pulling someone isn't new to me at all.
Andre Fletcher got down on one knee against Brett Lee and paddled the ball straight back over the keeper but a shot like that has been played before.

metallics2006

International Coach
I'm sorry but a guy walking down the pitch and pulling someone isn't new to me at all.
Andre Fletcher got down on one knee against Brett Lee and paddled the ball straight back over the keeper but a shot like that has been played before.
So, what shot counts as an unique shot in your book?

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
So, what shot counts as an unique shot in your book?

there arent really any unique shots other than KP switch which in a few years I expect to be played by a few other batsman.

some players have shots that they prefer and they make those shots look better than when others do it. Lara hooks and pulls, Sachins cover drive, Vivs back over the bowlers head but no shot is really unique in cricket.

metallics2006

International Coach
there arent really any unique shots other than KP switch which in a few years I expect to be played by a few other batsman.

some players have shots that they prefer and they make those shots look better than when others do it. Lara hooks and pulls, Sachins cover drive, Vivs back over the bowlers head but no shot is really unique in cricket.
Add Dhoni's windmill shot to that list.;)

Laxman turning a ball from outside off-stump to the mid-wicket boundary is also unique imo.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Add Dhoni's windmill shot to that list.;)

Laxman turning a ball from outside off-stump to the mid-wicket boundary is also unique imo.

Lots of batsman have played shots where people say "where did that come from" but not allot of them are unique. Murlie played a pull almost from his back side but its still a pull. Its just the way he played it.

Thats why I mentioned Shivs shot because he doesn't play those type of shots usually and not allot of people can do that to a fast bowler. Take a ball at 85+ mph from outside ofstump and hit it like shiv does.

Last edited:

metallics2006

International Coach
Lots of batsman have played shots where people say "where did that come from" but not allot of them are unique. Murlie played a pull almost from his back side but its still a pull. Its just the way he played it.

Thats why I mentioned Shivs shot because he doesn't play those type of shots usually and not allot of people can do that to a fast bowler. Take a ball at 85+ mph from outside ofstump and hit it like shiv does.
You are good at this.

Just list your favourite shots are get over it.:p

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
I love all but my favorite is KP's switch hit. Not a easy one to play

KP :hpraise

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Matthew Hayden's walk down the wicket is the most copied shot. Not that he invented but he revolutionized it.

I scored a 100 a few weeks ago against a school team of Indians kids and I just kept walking down the wicket and hoisting their delieveries in the Grand stand at midwicket. I completely demoralised them just like Matty Hayden did to the Indians in International cricket. :D

naresh091

International Cricketer
The shot played over the mid-wicket region? It looks like a pull shot right?

Exactly.That was a bouncer from B.Lee actually.It was awesome to watch.
And as someone had said,During the T20 WC match against Australia,he thrashed a walking straight drive against Mitchell Johnson.

Ari

International Cricketer
Peter McGlashan reverse pulling Shane Bond for six :hpraise

Users who are viewing this thread