Your/my goalkeeping skills

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am always known for my reflexes. I amaze myself sometimes. BuT, one fortunate day for the opposition when we were playing football with my friends. I had to be a goal keeper after a long session of attacking. Such was dazzling in my mind that, I couldn't really see the ball.. It looked like the ball had many trials behind it. My friend (Playing as an opposition ) had a long go at the goal.. I just did nothing .. The ball swung a tad little bit and smorked my face out. I just got blanked for a minute and gained my usual Consciousness back. That tiring is if you shift position and such danger is in the depth of goal-keeping.

DPRA

International Cricketer
DPRA - when are your trials???? keep us updated mate

Wow good luck. Hope you get in.

The trials were last week, I have had a phone call off the Manager, however, I won't know for another 5 weeks at least if I have got into the academy.

In a 60 Minute game, I only conceded 1 goal. And that was a Penalty (my weak spots)

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
The trials were last week, I have had a phone call off the Manager, however, I won't know for another 5 weeks at least if I have got into the academy.

In a 60 Minute game, I only conceded 1 goal. And that was a Penalty (my weak spots)

Sounds like you had a good game.

Good luck!

shefellover93

Club Cricketer
I've been going in goal for about 8 years. I absolutely love it! I'm good enough but I can be bad when I'm stiff or after a meal :p. I've made some good saves in my time. I don't play in a team though, i can't seem to gel in a team, I still do it alot with me mates tho, best parts are double saves and peno's, worst parts are I can't dive properly (Only the small low ones) and I don't have a good goal kick.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
I've been going in goal for about 8 years. I absolutely love it! I'm good enough but I can be bad when I'm stiff or after a meal :p. I've made some good saves in my time. I don't play in a team though, i can't seem to gel in a team, I still do it alot with me mates tho, best parts are double saves and peno's, worst parts are I can't dive properly (Only the small low ones) and I don't have a good goal kick.

Are you fat?

Mr. Kurns

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's a stupid question CDM.... why would you go "Are you fat?" he might have a bad knee or something etc

Mr. Kurns

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Or you could just go "Oh that's not good, why not?" or something, no need to be blunt about it

shefellover93

Club Cricketer
Ok, I'm not fat:p I'm quite skinny for my height (6"0) but I just lack the confidence to make the big dives, I tried once, I landed on my elbow which forced my shoulder into my neck and it hurt like hell.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I used to be nigh on unbeatable in 5-a-side goals. used to go to some council run 5-a-side thing in a gym, winner stays on. Often if my team went off the team replacing me would recruit me into their team.

Give me a full sized goal though and I'm pretty poor, play for a ridiculously poor Sunday league side, we got one point all season which was down to my epic saves in a flattering 1-1 draw.

I started to play full back towards the end of the season as we got short on players.

Users who are viewing this thread