Your Nemesis!!

Sammuthegreat

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
My nemesis? The square cut. It's not uncommon for me to lose 5 wickets in an innings playing that same shot against spinners. They chuck down a half - tracker wide of off, my eyes light up every time - I can't help myself even though I know the animation is borked and I'm caught behind every time.

smasta

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
All medium fast bowlers once my score reaches around 60 and they have bowled 6-7 overs .. There speed comes down to 80-110 Km/h and very unpredictable. Gets me out most of the times.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm assuming you manually put in the international players back into the state sides (Warner, Siddle, Johnson, etc?). My version from "get best" has none of them. I guess it makes sense given the amount of games these guys actually play for their state sides.

Nope.. just used Get Best. No tinkering done. That Vic side has Siddle and Harris.. deadly combo.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Nope.. just used Get Best. No tinkering done. That Vic side has Siddle and Harris.. deadly combo.

I can assure you the Victorian Get Best side does not have Peter Siddle in any default XI, nor does it have Harris at all considering he plays for a totally different state

AL_Amin

Club Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
S. Takhor or something. Medium pacer but bowls so slow, you could take a nap before the ball reaches to batsman.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
My nemesis? The square cut. It's not uncommon for me to lose 5 wickets in an innings playing that same shot against spinners. They chuck down a half - tracker wide of off, my eyes light up every time - I can't help myself even though I know the animation is borked and I'm caught behind every time.

Solutions:

1. backfoot off drive
2. reverse sweep
3. Cut shot for 6

Thats why I never use the cut shot. I think the standard cut shot gets caught, but the lofted cut shot is fine....I know, I'm usually the one who bowls it and watch it disappear into the crowd for 6. :yes

madman981

Club Captain
The reverse sweep against spinners has got me countless runs when theres is no point in

when they put a point in place, thats when $hit gets interesting, hence my original post about Johan Botha!!

The_Pharoah

International Coach
The reverse sweep against spinners has got me countless runs when theres is no point in

when they put a point in place, thats when $hit gets interesting, hence my original post about Johan Botha!!

lol yeah. I can't remember who recommended it but thats primarily how I get my runs. Once they put a point in (usually cover point + deep point), I then switch to square leg.

Still $hits me though when they put in silly mid on/off fielders - I'll smash a ball into them and they'll field it with no effect.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
I can assure you the Victorian Get Best side does not have Peter Siddle in any default XI, nor does it have Harris at all considering he plays for a totally different state

I did wonder about that (to be honest, I don't really follow much State cricket). Just shows I got a really dodgy 'get best'. Makes sence why the attributes and stats might be really, really dodgy and could be affecting player performance.

I'll have a look into it tonight. Get the tar and feathers ready.

Synnical

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Bowling: Younis Khan and Kevin Pietersen. I don't know why, but I always have trouble bowling to them and they always try to toy with me.

Batting: Every spinner ever and Vernon Philander. They like to tempt me to play the cover drive and it doesn't always end well (IE: inside edge onto stumps, snicking to slips cordon etc).

yogi33

School Cricketer
S Marsh and voges kill my team. Marsh scored two double tonnes against me in my first season.

My real nemesis is cam white Even though he is on my team. he bats like an utter muppet. I come in at five and whenever the team is in trouble he belts a quickfire twenty in ten balls and leaves my struggling batsman to bat with the tail

bradthelad

Club Captain
Chris Gayle's part time off spinners i handle spinners pretty well but i dont what it is he always seems to have the upper hand. Maxwell is amazing against spinners always does well to find the boundary :)

Offie

School Cricketer
Marcus North 278 and 120 against me in a state game against my Victoria side. Must have bowled 50 overs at him in the match. So irritating.

Users who are viewing this thread