Your Cricket Your recent Cricket Matches..

Dalek

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Post here any recent matches that you have had, etc etc.

had a game yesterday. Were level on points with Hornsea who are playing Feners who we beat last week, so we had to beat Beverly tonight or then won the league.

Away at beverly-Our captain, A team oppening batter for yorkshire Tom appleyard wins toss goes in to bat, stupid decision. we manage to get 125-1 down average for us but 125 was target at the start so its ok.

bowling well, our second spinner took 4-21.

i took an amazing diving catch, there best batsmen quite big(chunky)new he could hit it hard as first ball went for 6 of the massive boundry lol, he drove one about a million mph coming quite far the side of me, took it on handed left. turning point in the game, we won by 10 runs.

so we have to play hornsea in league final decider.

And got a cup match on monday to. Semi finals.

6 x Afridi

Club Cricketer
In my league, we play twenty over matches. i bowled 5 overs, and my figure was 3/8. Only my batting sucked. i was opener, i only got 5 runs, when i got fooled by an inswinger.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I have a match in 25 minutes. Oh I am bricking it, I got sunburnt yesterday playing golf and now I really don't feel very well, I had headaches all yesterday. If we bat first I should be ok.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Played a match yesterday. We bowled first and we got off to a great start. In first 4 overs they were 9/2. One of the opening bowlers got him clean bowled. One of the fielders threw a beauty right at the wickets from quite far our, direct hit. Then I came into bowl, my first 3 deliveries were wide. 4th delivery I spun it the other way and I bowled him. Rest of the over I gave away 1. In my 2nd over on the first ball the guy tried to pull it and he edged it straight to a fielder. I got a wicket maiden for that over. They made a great 6th wicket partnership and ended up with 88.

When we batted we shockingly only got about 78. However it was not our usual batting line-up, our coach is very good, he changes it to give everyone I chance. I didn't bat, I was number 11.

Last edited:

ledzep

Club Cricketer
Playing on friday in the Ken Denly cup final, we have a really strong team out so should be interesting.

But i have played twice in the last two weeks. First week i scored a lovely 42 retired (because that is what you retire on in this league) and last week i got a very poor 2 :(

pal

International Coach
4-0-23-1, in a 30 over match. Not very good and there were too many extras. I need to sort my bowling out before the next match on Friday.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
omg, I did so well. I can't even type properly now. We batted first, 1 lad got 70, I got 12, not good but oh well, we got 135. Then we bowled, they had a county bat who i got out, 2 more good bats which i got 1 of and then they had played a few kids like really young, although very good for their age obviously. I had enough, I hadn't bowled well recently, and i peppered them with short stuff, wasn't pitched that short though :p and they basically handed me their wickets. I got my first 5fer in twenty20! woo. 5-23, we still lost though, rained andd we couldn't field. 1 of their coaches said the short stuff to younguns was a bit out of line but i just said if they aren't old enough they shouldn't play. My best bowling this season, my best ever although i have a couple more expensive 5fers in longer cricket.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
I took 4 wickets for 6 runs in a twenty20 in 3 overs. Pretty proud.

viney

School Cricketer
took 1wicket for 15runs in 2 overs in a 40 over match. batted 11 and got a duck first ball (badly mistimed straight to mid off). i was one of 4 player iin my temto get a duck but we still won by 12 runs.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Played in a fun game today. Got aa couple of wickets in 2 overs, then Martin Corry the England rugby player came in and missed 3 of them then took a single :p Pleased but we lost. Next time though my cousin who trains with Lancs is playing so we'll tear it up :D

Collingwood50

Club Cricketer
bowled 4 overs, 2 wickets with off spin - was turning a bit but my 2 wickets came with the flatter one.

made a magical 1 with the bat. Thats quit an acheivement for me - i make chris martin look like bradman

also a catch at slip:p

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
I played today for my team and after 10 overs my captain threw me the ball and told me I was bowling. I had never bowled in a match ever before and being for the Saturday 3rdXI I didn't want to let them down. I ended up with figures of 7-2-15-2, quite incredible for a batsmen normally. I took the most wickets and was the most economical. Anyway we won the game by 6 wickets, I didn't get to bat unfortunately but I will be for my Sunday anyway.

goochy

School Cricketer
we play 20/20 u15's we played upminster who are rivals for a few of our players as they used to play there. Our coach's said it is one of the best games they have seen from colts cricket. Im a WKB and we bowled first. We bowled very well and bowled them out for 92 in 19.4 overs. It seemed an easy enough target and me and my opener had a partnership of 54 before he got out for 26. I at that time had been dropped twice once from their WK which was a very easy catch and once from slip which was extremely hard. Then the number 3 batsman got in (the openers brother) he wasn't getting bat to ball and that put extra pressure on me and i wasn't playing well. we then fell behind needing 7 an over then eventually 9 an over which doesn't seem a lot but in kids cricket it is. It was in the 18th over i hit two fours then a risky single and then my partner had to face two ball and he hit it through the covers we ran a two then their was over throws and we ran 3 more eventually resulting in 5runs. I then only had one ball to get a single to keep me on strike as i was getting most of the runs i cut it just past slip but a direct hit my partner was out but we needed to risk it. we got the single. The run rate was still about 8 an over in the 19th. The first ball of the over was a low full toss to me i hit my first ever six and it was rather big. I then hit a four and i can't remember what i hit after that but i was on strike for the last over and we only needed 1 run to win. First ball of the over, i was on strike i got clean bowled, i got out for 44, my top score. Number four came in who isn't very good but at my club we have to be fair and as he didn't bowl he had to bat. As i came out i told our number 5 batsman and captain to go in as he is a extremely good batsman and the game before he got 46. However batsman 4 went in. The first ball he faced he swung and missed. As he did on the 33rd and 4th ball of the over. The fith ball however he played a beautiful square cut which went for four and won us the game. We was ecstatic, and i got most of the praise! My best day as a cricketer by far:D
I also want to add the two games before i got two ducks, and i was really out of nick so it made me even more happy when i got my best score.

Last edited:

jamesy boy

School Cricketer
i play for my local side, belvedere cc, we play in the south thames league, were currently top and i've had quite a productive season so far, i'm a fast bowler who bats a bit, around 6,7 or 8, but open the bowling and currently have 24 wickets in our opening 10 games with one fifty to add.

i played last saturday and sunday

both were very good games, saturday we batted 1st on a good track and scored 237-5 off our 46 overs, i scored 21* at No. 7, i then took the new ball and took 2 wickets in my 1st over, not much after that but got a few lucky wickets in my second spell bowling at the tail and eventually ended up with figures 12-2-29-5, my best this season

on sunday we played a 20/20 which i captained for the 1st time this season, and we got off to a good start with our openers doing most of the damage, eventually ending up with 179 from our 20, i had promoted myself to no. 5 failing and getting only 11 from 8 balls
again i took the new ball and took 4-0-17-2, with a wicket with my 2nd delivery, lovely ball swinging back into the LHB and cleaned up his middle stump.
we won comfortably on a very hot day in the end, bowling them out for 114, with our spinner takin 6-15

Last edited:

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
I played in an incredible match on Sunday. I'm playing for my Sunday 3rdXI against another 3rdXI team. We had only won 3 games out of 10 this year thanks to batting collapses and poor bowling displays. They won the toss and batted first on a hot and sunny day with a batsmans paradise for a wicket. I had to be wicketkeeper because our wicketkeeper was actually promoted to the 2ndXI.

Anyway they scored 234-5 off their 40 overs which Included one guy getting 102*. I was going to open the batting but I was feeling ill from wicketkeeping in temperatures of over 35C. We had a good start but we had only reached 102-2 after 20 overs meaning we had to up the pace. I finally came in at number 6, with us needing 86 to win off 62 balls. My captain told me to give the strike to the other guy as he was on 80* at the time.

I started with 2 boudaries and I was feeling slighty better after a break but when I was on 16, I got whacked on the head from a ball that bounced totally out of tune. I had a few minutes to regain my state of mind. I don't know why but that knock on the head seemed to get me very angry as I hit 4 boundaries in the next 5 balls. In the end, me and the other guy got us home with 4 balls to spare as he hit 109* from 89 balls and I got my highest score this season of 47* from 35 balls.

I feel really stiff now and I have got bruises on my foot from the ball hitting me full on while wicketkeeping, my knee also from wicketkeeping and my head even though the helmet to most of the force of the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread