Your style of Batting.

• Thread starter imported_potter
  • Start date
I

imported_potter

Hi guys, Ive seen many of you guys saying tey scored more thn hundred or 200 runs on 10 overs etc . So I thought why not you tell us how do you like to bat in the game.

I like the much realistic way. I try to play as realistically as I can. For first 15 overs, I look for runs and if I loose too many wickets, I slow down my scorind rate and play more sensibly. Then after 15 overs, i try to take as many singles or doubles as I can, and in the process, I score some boundaries as well till the 40th over. After 40th over, it all comes down to hard hitting. I hit everything i get. I even go for yorkers. I mostly score more then 150 runs in lasrt 10 overs. So mostly I score over 300 hundred and even over 400.

Lets see how do you bat.

PS. I used to bat like this in C2k2, and since these are my early days at C2k4, Im learning how to bat.

cyrarchy

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
That must require quite a lot of patience on your part!! I find myself getting bored by the time I've batted just 10 overs!! Since the C2k4 computer doesn't learn from its mistakes, it really doesn't adjust the field depending on how you play. So for the first few pace overs (in a 10 over match of course) I use the left handers to slog across the line of the ball straight to midwicket (Left arrow+S+Shift). The shortish ones I simply pull to the same place. It ends up going for 4 and 6 most of the time. When the medium pacers come on (and the timing is settled) I just slog down the ground in an unfielded area and it usually goes for six. For spinners just slog with the spin!! It's just a game of slogging for me which is why I prefer to bat second and hit off the 80 odd runs in 3-4 overs!

I guess it doesn't look too good but I don't really mind as long as I'm kicking some butt... This is all on medium level of course...I find hard too hard in terms of timing for now...But easy is really bad..even defensive shots go for four!

D

destroyersachin

Most of the time I play defensive and look for singles and doubles, odd boundry comes from time to time though.

B

burnsy

I try to play as realistically as possible block the balls on the stumps and wait for the loose ball outside off or off the legs.

W

wallman2565

i played my first 50 over ODI on hard and made 315 i think with a 110 8th wicket partnership even after being 5/106 at one stage

it was a very realistic batting preformance (it was Aus vs Aus A) i was aus

i scored a lot of singles down to long on and sometimes 2 and the occasional well timed on drive went for four

most of the on drives were after i danced up the pitch

i barly went for any six hits but after my centurian was fully settled i went for a few but didnt get the timing right. they went for four but just got over the infield

in the end he got out for 105 or sumfin playing back to a ball that stayed down from a medium pacer

anyway it was a fun batting game but aus A were all out for 130 and didnt even go for the slog

hopefully some new gameplay patches that are being created over at planet cricket will; help

D

destroyersachin

Originally posted by melbournemartin@Jan 6 2004, 06:01 AM
i played my first 50 over ODI on hard and made 315 i think with a 110 8th wicket partnership even after being 5/106 at one stage

it was a very realistic batting preformance (it was Aus vs Aus A) i was aus

i scored a lot of singles down to long on and sometimes 2 and the occasional well timed on drive went for four

most of the on drives were after i danced up the pitch

i barly went for any six hits but after my centurian was fully settled i went for a few but didnt get the timing right. they went for four but just got over the infield

in the end he got out for 105 or sumfin playing back to a ball that stayed down from a medium pacer

anyway it was a fun batting game but aus A were all out for 130 and didnt even go for the slog

hopefully some new gameplay patches that are being created over at planet cricket will; help
Great...really

Users who are viewing this thread