Your World Top XI !

Manly

Thor
yeah so would i

i just think that while rio may be a good club player, hes not up 2 the international standard we need

u a united fan?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Whoever calls Fabio Cannavaro a one tournament wonder knows nothing about football. He dint have a great season with Madrid last year, but that cannot void his fabulous years in Turin.

He is talented, skilled and smarter than other defenders.

He's good but imo never really excelled other than in the World Cup and then had a dissapointing La Liga campaign. I dont really watch much Serie A so i'm not sure of his record in Italy but he never stood out as a superb player other than in the world cup for me. Nesta is the better of the 2 defenders imo. He's a good defender but massively over-rated, as with Ferdinand.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
yeah so would i

i just think that while rio may be a good club player, hes not up 2 the international standard we need

u a united fan?

of course. All the experts seem to rate him highly, 99% of managers rate him highly,Mourinho himself said he was one of the best centre backs in the world behind his 2. Alan Hansen bums him and lets be fair, as biased as he is he knows a hell of a lot about defending. For some reason Rio isn't popular with England fans but perhaps thats to do with the fact he plays for the most unpopular team in England? And he's a massive chav. He had 1 bad game in the prem last year from my memory and that was against Portsmouth.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I like Man Utd and still think he's over-rated. Maybe its just opinion. You're trying to make out that what you believe is fact when frankly its not. Some people see Rio Ferdinand as one of the top defenders in the world, yet others see him as a class defender, but certainly not one of the best in the world. You have to remember that its all down to peoples perceptions on how a player plays and what they've seen of him.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Rio Ferdinand is ?20M over-rated. 30 million is pathetic for a defender. He is very good but nowhere near the best.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
i would expect that from you WIll given the fact you've never had a positive thing to say about a united player lol. Still it amazes me how some of the most knowledgable (?) people in football see him as one of the best in the world but you lot don't. Apart from the Portsmouth game tell me a bad one he had last year, he's certainly the 2nd best centre back in England whether you think he is or he isn't. Sven and McClarne wouldn't pick him if he wasn't.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
i would expect that from you WIll given the fact you've never had a positive thing to say about a united player lol. Still it amazes me how some of the most knowledgable (?) people in football see him as one of the best in the world but you lot don't. Apart from the Portsmouth game tell me a bad one he had last year, he's certainly the 2nd best centre back in England whether you think he is or he isn't. Sven and McClarne wouldn't pick him if he wasn't.

That's unfair. I have rated Ronaldo, Giggs, VD Sar, Vidic and Scholes very highly.

Rio is a very good defender but he is prone to over-confidence and mistakes. You don't see that a lot in the likes of Terry or Cannavaro.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
In all honestly Will whenever theres a discussion about united you all ways take the side which is making negative comments about them. Everyone says he's prone to mistakes but apart from the Portmouth match las year nobody can remember any. Funny that eh?

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
In all honestly Will whenever theres a discussion about united you all ways take the side which is making negative comments about them. Everyone says he's prone to mistakes but apart from the Portmouth match las year nobody can remember any. Funny that eh?

Not in serious discussions.

And when I do, it's sometimes to balance out the anti-Arsenal comments some members love to make.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I've never seen you take a united side lol. Nobody loves making anti Arsenal comments, whether you like it or not its been a bad offseason for Arsenal having lost their best player and having had serious doubts raised over their managers future. People are hardly going to be making positie comments are they? :p

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I do make pro-Man U comments. Anyone who knows anything about football would.

Well, leave the optimism to the Arsenal fans then, eh? :p

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
He's good but imo never really excelled other than in the World Cup and then had a dissapointing La Liga campaign. I dont really watch much Serie A so i'm not sure of his record in Italy but he never stood out as a superb player other than in the world cup for me. Nesta is the better of the 2 defenders imo. He's a good defender but massively over-rated, as with Ferdinand.

Nesta is better than Cannavaro, accepted, and probably the best in the World. But the latter was the rock in the Juventus defence for a pretty long time and the World Cup performance was a continuation of his good form and not a flash in the pan.

He had a poor season with Madrid but that does not make him a bad player. Defending for Madrid is one of the hardest things to do, since in Spain, teams concentrate more on attacking. The reason why Capello was sacked because he dint play like that.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Nesta's not the best in the world imo. John Terry is the best in the world, followed by Nesta. Maybe i was a little harsh on Cannavaro, he is a great defender, just not as good as everyone makes out i dont think. Still a world class defender though.

Users who are viewing this thread