Zero tests!

Spinksy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Zero tests in 2008. There's no future for Pakistan in international cricket. They should focus on the domestic market and withdraw from international cricket in my opinion as zero test matches this year is just woeful to say the very least.

shubhrayu

International Coach
It's sad because first australia withdrew and now the upcoming India tour of Pak maybe in danger if the security is not up to the mark

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Zero tests in 2008. There's no future for Pakistan in international cricket. They should focus on the domestic market and withdraw from international cricket in my opinion as zero test matches this year is just woeful to say the very least.

Thats got to be a joke. They were supposed to play us this year. NZ barely play much test cricket. Pakistan are one of the top teams. Zero tests in just one year doesn't mean they should withdraw. :rolleyes: Bangladesh and Zimbabwe usually dont play any or many tests.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
It is not likely that it is Spinksy's opinion about what Pakistan should do. It was a great copy and paste job from CricketWeb.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
What a joke Spinks...

I think you mistyped it, It's got to be Bangladesh or Zimbabwe... Pakistan are such a developed and competitive side, they can beat any team anyday...

And I think we already had a thread on Pakistan having no Tests in 2008...

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Pakistan's last Test was in India in December 2007 and their next Test series is in January 2009 when they host India. "Unfortunately, we don't have much cricket in coming months," Naghmi said, "but 2009 is going to be a packed season for us and our team will not have enough breathing space."

Their next international assignment is a four-day Twenty20 quadrangular in Toronto next month with Sri Lanka, West Indies and hosts Canada.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/369551.html

Look at this bad boy, according to Shafqat Naghmi 2009 is going to be a packed season for Pakistan and that is great news considering that we are a great nation to face plus we may face West Indies soon if the security is looking good also look at this

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/369893.html

We need a new PCB chairmen and now that Imran Khan is a very highly respected politician he has everything which would be great to lead the Pakistan Cricket Board, if Imran Khan the greatest Pakistan captain and arguably one of the best captains of all time becomes a the chairmen things could take a big huge u-turn for Pakistan Cricket:happy

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Maybe the terrorists will read this thread and realise cricket is more important than their petty political differences.

jordox

International Cricketer
This surely has to be having some effect on the younger Pakistanis. What kids would want to take up a sport where their national team seldom play. Safety has to come before cricket, but it's sad.

Spinksy

School Cricketer
Agreed, I feel sorry for the kids over there if truth be told.

shubhrayu

International Coach
Yeah me too I feel sorry for those kids.If this continues many talented guys would go undiscovered

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Certainly it is sad to see such a big cricketing nation unable to play any tests all year, and whoever compared them with New Zealand is going a bit too far. NZ play a lot more than zero tests every year, they have their home series like everyone else and they generally have some tours as well.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Certainly it is sad to see such a big cricketing nation unable to play any tests all year, and whoever compared them with New Zealand is going a bit too far. NZ play a lot more than zero tests every year, they have their home series like everyone else and they generally have some tours as well.

I remember a thread on it last year or something. I think it was mentioned around NZ vs Sri Lanka test series. They rarely play home test series of significant length and sometimes hardly play in a calender year.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I remember a thread on it last year or something. I think it was mentioned around NZ vs Sri Lanka test series. They rarely play home test series of significant length and sometimes hardly play in a calender year.
I realise that their home series are generally a bit short, but they never played 0 in a year.

Users who are viewing this thread