Zimbabwe beat Bangladesh in the 1st ODI.. time for comeback to Int cricket?

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Check scorecard

These guys have been doing so well. They played magnificently in the WT20 in 2007 as well and have played out of their skins.

Time for an international comeback?

P

pcfan123

They are playing international cricket and a single win against one of the worse teams in cricket in a limited overs match does not justify a return to the Test arena.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
no.

and they shouldn't even be playing this series until they sort the government out. We stopped playing south africa for apartheid and yet we still play zimbabwe, with it's heavily politicised board, when their government violates every human right and is run as a dictatorship. I'd happily see them banned altogether until it ends.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
^^^ Buddy, in response to that, I have only one thing to say - Did the world stop doing business with America after they waged war on Iraq? :sarcasm

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
^^^ Buddy, in response to that, I have only one thing to say - Did the world stop doing business with America after they waged war on Iraq? :sarcasm

How's that the same as Zimbabwe's situation?

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
When US went on an unjustified war with Iraq for the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" they didn't have, when they violated people in Abu Gharib, when their missiles went off target and killed innocent civilians, when they blatantly abused human rights.... did the world stop doing business with America? NO, they didn't.

And for heaven's sake, its a sport. Keep the unnecessary politics out of it.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
And for heaven's sake, its a sport. Keep the unnecessary politics out of it.

You say this

When US went on an unjustified war with Iraq for the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" they didn't have, when they violated people in Abu Gharib, when their missiles went off target and killed innocent civilians, when they blatantly abused human rights.... did the world stop doing business with America? NO, they didn't.

after saying this

Perhaps the best thing to do would have been to ignore StinkyBoHoons post if you dont want politics in the thread.

If Im not mistaken cricket had almost no effect on ending the apartheid in South Africa. I doubt countries boycotting a trip to Zimbabwe will have any change on the government there.

D

Dutch

Do the "minor" teams play tests against each other? Surely that would be the way to start to give them the necessary experience before stepping up? I would love to see as many teams as possible playing all forms of cricket although I understand the necessity to arrange things in such away that it is competitive and structurally feasible. (Most brilliant use of the word "structurally" to date!):)

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Do the "minor" teams play tests against each other? Surely that would be the way to start to give them the necessary experience before stepping up? I would love to see as many teams as possible playing all forms of cricket although I understand the necessity to arrange things in such away that it is competitive and structurally feasible. (Most brilliant use of the word "structurally" to date!):)

They don't play tests against each other, but they play three day, first class cricket against each other.

D

Dutch

They don't play tests against each other, but they play three day, first class cricket against each other.

Wouldn't it be a good idea for them to play real tests against each other? Has that been tried before? Or do you not think it is worthwhile yet?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Wouldn't it be a good idea for them to play real tests against each other? Has that been tried before? Or do you not think it is worthwhile yet?

Well only 10 teams have played test cricket before so there's your first answer ;)

But I can't see how it would be a good idea tbh, if the weaker team's were only playing test matches against each other it would only distort test match stats. Last thing we need is a medium pace trundler averaging 20 with the ball playing against poor team's.

Users who are viewing this thread