Don Bradman 17 PC Now Available - General Discussion

zultre

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is it better to play DBC 17 on ps4 or a pc? DBC 14 had the kit and bat options on PC, can I add the gray nicholls, gm bats and kits in the ps4 version for DBC or it is restricted to pc only? Overall which version is better the pc or the ps4?

Currently I would say PC.

You can add custom bats like you mentioned to the ps4 version and is extremely easy to do so.

Reason why PC version better is purely based on Graphics - Higher resolution and better Lighting - Ps4 Version runs 1080p even on Ps4 Pro , PC can go up to 2160x1800.

PC currently also has better AI - But that will be patched soon on PS4

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is it better to play DBC 17 on ps4 or a pc? DBC 14 had the kit and bat options on PC, can I add the gray nicholls, gm bats and kits in the ps4 version for DBC or it is restricted to pc only? Overall which version is better the pc or the ps4?
There are literally hundreds of threads which could answer any one of those questions. Hundreds.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Only played half a season of shield cricket but do national players come in and out of the team when they are on tour? This NSW team is stacked with Warner, Smith, Lyon, Hazlewood and Cummins playing every game.

If not I think I might need to make some major edits to these teams

Edit: looks like players are in two places at once, while Smith is playing out a Matador cup game for NSW he's hitting a double century in a 3 test series in Bangladesh.

Would it be possible to take players out of their respective state sides while they're on international duty? Or is this not possible?

Is this the same for your player, do you know? If you get called up for the national team, are you still having to play all the domestic games, or does that at least work like DBC 14? I thought the balance was pretty good last time. It does sound like the current system is distorting things a bit though, with the best players playing every format for every team at every level. There definitely need to be some limits, I think.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I haven't played a club game since I got picked for state side. There is a 3 week break coming up on my calendar where I'm playing club games. So you cant be in 2 places at once, everyone else can.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Meh! We indeed have to keep a heavy chunk of international players out from Domestic team line ups before starting a career! Else, They'll be found touring the world like superman and playing every games! very unrealistic!

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Just had my first catch in the slips, an absolute blinder of a diving outstretched one handed catch. I go into the replay to grab a screenshot, all under the gorgeous stadium lights, and the game crashes. I genuinely went 'Noooooo!!!' :o

Edit - Hmm, went back in, got another wicket, went to the replay, moved the camera around a bit, and it crashed again. At least I'd got to the end of the over this time so it had saved but...a worry...

Edit - ...and now I've been given out stumped with my back foot clearly well behind the crease. I can only assume the animation has lifted it a millimetre off the ground or something but I can't see it.

Stumping.jpg

Just happened the following ball too! To the bug thread! :(

Last edited:

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
My game was running fine 2 days ago i go on today and its running at 97 fps in match and is very stuttery. I normally run at 1440p and at 144 refresh. Any tips? Most other games are running okay, it's much more noticeable on dbc. I've tried rolling back to an older restore point no luck. i notice my GPU load used to be at 99%-100% but now it's around 70%-85%. when looking at recent install or settings change only change is a (microsoft visual C++ redistributable (x64) - 12.0.30501) + the 86x version. and a browser update. Any help would be welcome thank you :)

Last edited:

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Seem to be having more stutters tbf and have reduced some graphical areas to see if I can improve however I have a rig pretty similar to yours. Are you playing in a custom stadium? It might still be that?

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Seem to be having more stutters tbf and have reduced some graphical areas to see if I can improve however I have a rig pretty similar to yours. Are you playing in a custom stadium? It might still be that?

Think i've fixed it (finger crossed) was my motherboard software limiting cpu voltage for some reason. (i think) changed it back to what it should be an now playing smooth again. :)

David Armstrong

School Cricketer
Hi Guys

I have a laptop with a 1060 card which does a decent job but don't see an option for 1440p, which it plays in the majority of other games. What resolutions does the PC version support?

Scott Clague

Club Cricketer
Perfectly satisfied with the game , have faced only one crash yet in over 2 hours of gameplay , cum stats missing is a bummer though.[DOUBLEPOST=1484718488][/DOUBLEPOST]Have they removed the ugly looking half cut drive or whatever it was ? I am getting low profile proper cut instead which is very cool alternative.
Cum stats just sounds wrong mate. Reminds me of when me and the Mrs were going through IVF.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
One thing I've noticed when batting is that some animations take an absolute age to finish and then start a run. I've had moments where the batsman has waited two or three seconds holding position before setting off for the run I've demanded. I can appreciate that you can't run straight away but on some shots (and it appears to be shot related rather than foot related for example a front foot leg glance has me waiting as long as a front foot glance) the wait seems ages before the batsman starts running. This feels like a bug; that I'm sticking too long. Anyone else had this?

Users who are viewing this thread