Gaming PC or Console

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey guys any suggestions on PC or Console.

PC Games +tives
Editable (like cricket 07)
Updateable

PC Games -tives
Need a compatible PC
need a good GPU for High settings

Console Games +tives
Offer better variety than PC
No compatibility issues
Mostly Original

Console Games -tives
Non Editable
Non Updateable.

So which one would you prefer ?

Questions:

1) Is there internet available on PS3 and Xbox 360 if yes applicable fees ?
2) What about other features on Consoles ?
3) Who is Better PS3 or Xbox 360 ?

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Console, more comfortable to play.
All I know is that PS3 has already won the battle between PS3 and 360. 360's cark it in the first six months, guaranteed.

cnbd_novice

International Coach
I know I have a different perspective than most people, but I prefer a gaming PC over a console(yes you read right, pc over console :rolleyes:). Biggest reasons? Patchability of course. Also it is more likely that even if you have a console, you'll need a PC anyway. And if I could do my works and play games on my PC, it is unlikely that I would buy another console only to play games. Also the fact that console version of games are more expensive than PC version of games affects my judgement. So I know what I would do, but that's just my opinion. There's both positive and negative for both options.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
All I know is that PS3 has already won the battle between PS3 and 360. 360's cark it in the first six months, guaranteed.
No, it hasn't. And it will looose to 360 heavily.

playkid12

Club Captain
And the fact that the PS3 is horribly overpriced?

Gaming PC > Console anyday. As long as its a good gaming pc.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
IMO PS3 is way better, the price is so ridicolous because of the Blu-Ray player and the fact that it was only brought out here in Aus recently.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
PS3 isnt way better. If you compare the specs then you may come to that conclusion. But the fact is far from it. Xbox 360 is affordabe and the most versatile console. Since it was launched earlier than the PS3, the developers now develop the game for Xbox 360 and then port it to PS3 whch gives Xbox another advantage.

siddharth2002

Also Xenos, the graphic card inside 360 is lot better than Nvidia RSX in PS3.

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, the better the XBox 360 does, the better for PC gamers as ports from XBox to PC will be way better and much easier than from PS3.

One of the many reasons we've had to put up with crappy games on PC for the last few years has been the number of PS2 to PC ports. I for one am extremely grateful that the PS2 is dead in development terms.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Xbox 360 was released a year before PS3 so there are a lot of people who own Xbox 360. That's why games will continue to be developed for Xbox 360 and then they will be ported to other platforms. Also development for Xbox 360 is much easier because of the availability of much easier to use tools and documentation as compared to the PS3. Developing for PC and Xbox 360 is similiar because Microsoft has developed the compilers for both.
I prefer PC for gaming because I am more intersted in programming. If I was a hardcore gamer I would buy a Xbox 360.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President

Your so wrong.

PS3 is good very good but the 360 edges it for me, my one hasnt 'carked' it yet and I dont think its going to.

360 has much much much much much better online system whereas the PS3 one just sucks...and believe me online is a big big thing nowdays!

As to answer the threads question I can't really say I mean some games like CSS are made for the PC and wont be as fun on the 360 vice versa with some 360 games or PS3 or whatever....

omkarjere

International Cricketer
What about updates in consoles ?

or bug fixes.

like here we modify games

Last edited:

siddharth2002

Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, the better the XBox 360 does, the better for PC gamers as ports from XBox to PC will be way better and much easier than from PS3.

One of the many reasons we've had to put up with crappy games on PC for the last few years has been the number of PS2 to PC ports. I for one am extremely grateful that the PS2 is dead in development terms.

Kinda very true. Although Sony made a good console in PS2 but Xbox still managed to get really good games which were also released on PC. Say, God of War is a great game but I do not want to buy PS2 to play it and its not coming on PC at all, what a shame.

playkid12

Club Captain
God, I remember Resident Evil 4 on the PC. Worst port ever. The console version was so much better.

But I would never pick a console over a gaming pc. Esp with games like Crysis coming out for the PC!!

IMO, it goes like this:
PC > Wii > XBOX360 > PS3

Users who are viewing this thread