Gaming PC or Console

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
How about having both of them, same game on both.. choose which one to play. Problem solved :).
360 is going to beat PS3!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I take it that you have never owned a console other than a Playstation.

F-A-N-B-O-Y-!

Ohhh, that'll hurt him :rolleyes:

I have an Xbox 360, only problem, lack of Rugby and Cricket games, otherwise perfect, PLUS i cannot connect to the internet, more my problem :p

PS3 has the same problems, for similar reasons, the way i can be objective is that my friends step-dad has a PS3 and he admits he wished he'd gotten a Xbox 360 due to its versitility, it can be connected to everything. Games are more vast in range, cheaper and overall a better machine....Unless you have a top HDTV the graphics are very similar for both machines.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I take it that you have never owned a console other than a Playstation.

F-A-N-B-O-Y-!

I am not a fanboy I just like PS3 Because Xbox 360 got that 3 red light thing
or what ever you call it but Xbox is good
I don't hate or something, It's because I never ever played on a xbox
And yeah online is free :)

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
If you leave aside Xbox to Playstation comparison for a moment, i would say the time has come for a PC. With the launch of Directx 10 i doubt any game console would be able to match what a directx 10 compatible pc can do. you wouldnt be able to play Crysis, and many other games on Xbox :D

Plus, then again, if you come down to the 360 to ps3 comparison, I would say a PS3. Even though its expensive, its a future conole. Take the 360, for example. When it first came in india, it had the same problem as with Ps3, too high priced. But now its come down as demand incrased. I'm pretty sure that PS3 will be pretty much successfull.

@Sid, even though the GPU may be more powerful in the 360, the design of the PS3 is such that most of the workload is on the CPU.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I am not a fanboy I just like PS3 Because Xbox 360 got that 3 red light thing
or what ever you call it but Xbox is good
I don't hate or something, It's because I never ever played on a xbox
And yeah online is free :)

So if you've never played an Xbox, how do you know PS3 is better?
I've only had the Red Light Of Doom once and I've had it for over a year.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Xbox 360 Scratch your Disk

I have 6 Xbox 360 games and in the time I've had them, ranging from over a year to three months, not one of them has been scratched. I've had very few problems with it since I've had it actually.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I've had both, i had the 360 for over a year, had 2 replacement consoles and 2 scratched discs. Microsoft still dont want to permanently fix the problem though. My warranty was running out so i sold my 360 and got a PS3. I have to say that its a much better console. Better made, and some pretty awesome games already. Resistance, Motorstorm, F1, Oblivion and Ninja Gaiden Sigma are just amazing games with simply amazing graphics. On my HD it just looks awesome. Also, the PS3 allows upscaling of Ps2/PS1 games and Dvds, so i can watch all my favourite dvd's in HD. The controller is awesome, the console is awesome and imo is the better system. The 360 does have better games atm though, however the PS3 has some crackers coming in the next few months.

And Madman, i've noticed that you seem to take your own opinion as gospel. Your opinion is your opinion, not neccessarily the opinion of others, so dont try and make out that other people are wrong just because they dont agree with your Point of view.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
@Sid, even though the GPU may be more powerful in the 360, the design of the PS3 is such that most of the workload is on the CPU.
well, both were first of their series. Xbox 360 had the first experimental Directx 10 GPU, while PS3 is the first one to utilize cell processors.

but i will root for a PC + xbox 360 controller. PC provide a natural transition, unlike a gaming machine. i had my PC around 5th grade, and now i am a good gamer, a programmer, in a good college, a PC expert and loads of other things. while my cousin bro had a ps1, now he owns a ps3 and about a small while ago, asked me how to login into gtalk.... :D

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Kshitiz_Indian said:

The potential of Cell hasn't been tapped yet. And when we have games that look beautiful on PS3 and the price is half of what its today, I might buy it afterall. Certainly not now.

Users who are viewing this thread