Gaming PC or Console

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Secondly, i like that you can have exactly the same console for years on end, but with a PC you have to upgrade at least every 2 years in order to be able to play the high end new games. I still play PC games, games such as cricket games, as i enjoy the patches made by the community but overall i prefer console gaming.

Sums it up pretty well for me. I also prefer the big tv screen that I use for console gaming, plus sitting on the sofa I find far more relaxing than my set-up for pc gaming

Sums it up pretty well for me. I also prefer the big tv screen that I use for console gaming, plus sitting on the sofa I find far more relaxing than my set-up for pc gaming

You can always move the sofa in front of the PC :p.

It is personal choice really - Some people prefer to sit back and relax on a console while some people prefer to take it more seriously and get a different experience from a PC.
There is no universal "better" option as such, everyone has their opinions and likes.

Doing well there apart from the bit in bold. I guess you was generalising but it certainly isn't always true. I bet my bottom dollar I could beat practically anyone at WSC 2007 on Xbox 360 ;)

Yeah right now my back and ass are like in pain sitting on a PC does get a little hard hours on end.

Plus as zim said 42'' HDTV and Xbox 360 are a joy!

I think most games are enjoyable on PC if you have a 360 controller. then just relax and play games like cricket 07.

Yeah right now my back and ass are like in pain sitting on a PC does get a little hard hours on end.

Plus as zim said 42'' HDTV and Xbox 360 are a joy!

Go get a comfy chair...

It is personal choice really - Some people prefer to sit back and relax on a console while some people prefer to take it more seriously and get a different experience from a PC.
There is no universal "better" option as such, everyone has their opinions and likes.

Take it more seriously?? You wanna see me & my nephew when playing PES 6 on PC!!!!!

Yes my good friend!

AMD Athlon Dual Core 64 6000+ (2.8ghz)
ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 256mb Edition (PCI) (Soon to be X2900 DX10 edition)
3gb Total system RAM
AMD Motherboard
350GB hard drive
Creative Sound Card (SoundBlaster Pro)
19" TCO Moniter (HD Compatible)

:D

Whooooooooo WOWWW, WOW! What a system? How much did that cost you?

I think most games are enjoyable on PC if you have a 360 controller. then just relax and play games like cricket 07.

Yep, nab yourself a couple of PS2/Xbox controllers and it's great!

Last edited:
Whooooooooo WOWWW, WOW! What a system? How much did that cost you?

Well, not that much really. As I said, I work part time most nights after college, and picked up most of my parts of a local shop. For example, my current graphics card which I've had quite a while now would have cost new in PC world around ?200, and I picked it up by trading in my old one for ?60.

Its just looking round for bargains.

As for the guys who think about the PS2 exclusive games are a good reason to get the console, name me ONE hit game that is a Playstation 2 exclusive and didnt get ported onto a PC or other console.

I bet Crysis will change the mind of console gamers. It is only going to release on PC and it will beat every game in graphics.

Well, not that much really. As I said, I work part time most nights after college, and picked up most of my parts of a local shop. For example, my current graphics card which I've had quite a while now would have cost new in PC world around ?200, and I picked it up by trading in my old one for ?60.

Its just looking round for bargains.

As for the guys who think about the PS2 exclusive games are a good reason to get the console, name me ONE hit game that is a Playstation 2 exclusive and didnt get ported onto a PC or other console.

This is probably a complete waste of time, but do you reckon I'd get any trade in for a Nvidia 6600GT 128mb? Also, is there any point getting a new GPU without getting a new processor (AMD Athlon 64 3000+ is what I have right now :rolleyes: )

As for PS2 games, I just want them to release 'Fight Night' and 'Smackdown v Raw' on PC! There's no controller excuse now, so I just don't get it. They're losing out on so many sales!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread