Gaming PC or Console

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
There you go Madman, a few games that are hits that havent been released on PC

I love Fight Night 3! Simply amazing! How many PC games have you got?

I think I remember seeing your desktop. And it was loaded!

This is probably a complete waste of time, but do you reckon I'd get any trade in for a Nvidia 6600GT 128mb? Also, is there any point getting a new GPU without getting a new processor (AMD Athlon 64 3000+ is what I have right now

Well you wouldnt get a lot for it. Probably around ?30 off depending on where you go.

And I would recommend getting a new processor if you are getting a new graphics card, as that would bottleneck you GPU at this time, and would therefore mean the card is not using its full capibilities.

How much RAM you got?

Well you wouldnt get a lot for it. Probably around £30 off depending on where you go.

And I would recommend getting a new processor if you are getting a new graphics card, as that would bottleneck you GPU at this time, and would therefore mean the card is not using its full capibilities.

How much RAM you got?

My full specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
GPU: Nvidia 6600GT 128mb
RAM: 1gb (soon to be upgraded to 2gb)
Sound: Audigy 4

Maybe £30 isn't that much, but you wouldn't find it on the street, would you? I've also heard a lot about dual core processors (mainly bad things). Is it really worth going for one, as I'd also have to change my motherboard (Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe). Thanks for your help! :)

Pfft, Smackdown v Raw and Fight Night, two games that look good but play crap, they aren't the sort of game that you could enjoy on PC imo.

I disagree. Better GFX, better sound, more memory, most likely downloadable content and patches. Just look at the GTA games. All of them were much better on PC. If those two games were to come out, I'd happily pay ?35 for them and I don't say that often.

Last edited:
Is GTA decent on PC? I have 'em all on PS2 and of course their awesome. Are their patches for GTA?

Is GTA decent on PC? I have 'em all on PS2 and of course their awesome. Are their patches for GTA?

I have played GTA: San Andreas on PC and believe me its simply great.

u can't play strategy games on them.. people who havn't played AOE, supreme commander, command and conquer series have missed the greatest games of all time..

u can't play strategy games on them.. people who havn't played AOE, supreme commander, command and conquer series have missed the greatest games of all time..
Summed up my words in one line ! :D

PC PC PC PC PC ! I would shout this a hundred times ! I dont remember exactly but somewhere i read that xbox 360 graphics are lacking behind pc dx 10 because Xbox 360 doesnt have any SM4 architecture !

Moreover, the upgradeability in pc is much more. You dont always need to buy a full pc. You can always upgrade the part which is lagging. Which is not so in the Consoles - New console out and get ready to be bankrupt.

Users who are viewing this thread