How are you doing in your career?

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
and I've just scored 73 off 47. Tried to slog my last 3 deliveries, scored 10 and then was c&b by superman spinner diving to his left.

One thing I've noticed is the game does seem to reward you for being bold. The trick is to know what your strengths are, knowing that your Pro is a rookie and basically crap. Play to your strengths and don't be afraid to take a chance. You just need to find that comfortable balance.

Easier said that done, I know.

The AI seem to have some modicum of an ability to exploit you if you get stuck in a defensive rut. For example if you struggle against a short ball or two, they WILL start bumping them off the dirt more often.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Always happens that way for me. Always get thrown it at the deep end.

TIP:

When batting in the county games, watch for the huuuuuge gaps in the field on the on side with the pace bowlers. So huge in fact, you can hit lofted on drives all day long with nobody there to catch them.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
Always happens that way for me. Always get thrown it at the deep end.

TIP:

When batting in the county games, watch for the huuuuuge gaps in the field on the on side with the pace bowlers. So huge in fact, you can hit lofted on drives all day long with nobody there to catch them.

yeah weirdly enough that did happen. Made a 70 in the first innings before edging to slip and a 30 (yep, out in the 30's again) in the second while trying to go for another hook after belting one for 6.

grkrama

National Board President
Been playing as star player Kohli, today had a test against Pakistan on a green uneven pitch on lengend, custom bat[somewhere around hard or slightly more form the feel].

Pak batted first and got A.O for 286 in the first two sessions, none scoring more than 60.

IND started before Tea and were first wkt fell for 5 and captain kohli had to head in, dhawan then departed with team score at 12.

then this happened

20170210135137_1.jpg

20170210135145_1.jpg

After that kohli held his resolve and saw that session threw, even as another wkt fell and raina joined him. The pitch had demons some keeping low some seamin but kolhi held firm.

20170210141728_1.jpg

20170210141736_1.jpg

Then kohli and raina inched the game back as they both stuck together.
20170210142550_1.jpg

20170210144442_1.jpg

Then they both picked up the pace as pak bowlers started loosing steam. Raina got out before lunch on day 2, but kohli stuck around to get to 100.

20170210145714_1.jpg

20170210150043_1.jpg

Then just as india had got to 285,2 run to take lead kohli departed inside edging a afridi leg spinner misjudging the turn. But then by then he had played a fantastic innings on a devil pitch that other players found hard and has setup the match in india's favor after the disastrous start.

20170210151932_1.jpg

Kohli had to cut out on driving to cover as driving through extra cover was a lot more rewarding as deep cover point was in place most of the innings and he targeted these regions.
20170210152057_1.jpg

20170210152112_1.jpg

20170210152157_1.jpg

20170210152134_1.jpg

With Dhoni and Axar at the crease the game is still in balance with ind with a slight edge. Lets see how the game unfolds.

Last edited:
B

Bigby Wolf

Been playing as star player Kohli, today had a test against Pakistan on a green uneven pitch on lengend, custom bat[somewhere around hard or slightly more form the feel].

Pak batted first and got A.O for 286 in the first two sessions, none scoring more than 60.

IND started before Tea and were first wkt fell for 5 and captain kohli had to head in, dhawan then departed with team score at 12.

then this happened

View attachment 182041

View attachment 182042

After that kohli held his resolve and saw that session threw, even as another wkt fell and raina joined him. The pitch had demons some keeping low some seamin but kolhi held firm.

View attachment 182044

View attachment 182046

Then kohli and raina inched the game back as they both stuck together.
View attachment 182047

View attachment 182048

Then they both picked up the pace as pak bowlers started loosing steam. Raina got out before lunch on day 2, but kohli stuck around to get to 100.

View attachment 182049

View attachment 182050

Then just as india had got to 285,2 run to take lead kohli departed inside edging a afridi leg spinner misjudging the turn. But then by then he had played a fantastic innings on a devil pitch that other players found hard and has setup the match in india's favor after the disastrous start.

View attachment 182053

Kohli had to cut out on driving to cover as driving through extra cover was a lot more rewarding as deep cover point was in place most of the innings and he targeted these regions.
View attachment 182054

View attachment 182055

View attachment 182056

View attachment 182057

With Dhoni and Axar at the crease the game is still in balance with ind with a slight edge. Lets see how the game unfolds.
That bouncer was very good! Would have broken the nose and take off an eye in the real world.

grkrama

National Board President
That bouncer was very good! Would have broken the nose and take off an eye in the real world.

yup under the cap would knock anybody out, Bit similar to this only difference this was over the cap of the helmet.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Finally got my call up to Worcestershire towards the end of my third club season. First match is against Nottinghamshire, and they win the toss and choose to bat. After a few overs, I'm given the new ball and start my spell. After an over of settling in, I then took the first three wickets of the match in the space of eight balls, including the first two in the space of three balls caught at 1st Slip and 3rd Slip. It's already my best performance with the ball on this game's career mode, but the satisfaction of those realistic edges was awesome, haha! It was hardly worth even having a slip in place at all in the last game - what a start to my domestic career this time by comparison!

Edit - Not so encouraging to see a 104 run 10th wicket stand from the AI first time up though. I don't mind if it's occasional as long as it doesn't have DBC 14 syndrome where the last batsman scores fifty whenever he needs to to give the team a par score. I ended up with 4-21 anyway, getting century maker out LBW in the last over of the day. Also my first career LBW so far to go with my first slip catches so that's a nice start at county level anyway!

Last edited:

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Finally got my call up to Worcestershire towards the end of my third club season. First match is against Nottinghamshire, and they win the toss and choose to bat. After a few overs, I'm given the new ball and start my spell. After an over of settling in, I then took the first three wickets of the match in the space of eight balls, including the first two in the space of three balls caught at 1st Slip and 3rd Slip. It's already my best performance with the ball on this game's career mode, but the satisfaction of those realistic edges was awesome, haha! It was hardly worth even having a slip in place at all in the last game - what a start to my domestic career this time by comparison!

It's kind of silly really. I had to up the difficulty to Legendary/Hardest bowling in 1st class matches or I'd get 10 wickets every match. I think my bowling average was around 6 at one point.

thewhiterose

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Just inside edged to the keeper 8 short of a maiden hundred, it does not feel good.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Got invited to the BBL on my all-rounder career! Pick the Syndey Thunder (because I liked their green kit :p) and had a decent but not amazing tournament up until we managed to make the final. Came in with the score on 45-4 so in some real trouble and to start with I wasn't able to score as fluently as I liked. Then they made the big mistake of bowling spin from both ends and I just went nuts, ended up making 87* (highest score in t20s) off 29 balls including a 6 off the last ball of the innings. Then took 2 wickets to clinch the title and MOTM. Definitely one of the highlights of my career so far! :thumbs:D:thumbs

Still bugger all interest from the IPL though, I guess they only go for international stars?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread