AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There is an option to keep your files. I went with a clean install
I prefer clean install to clear junk files, I was actually using this insider build since 15th and on 27th I rolled back to 8.1.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Now can anyone let me know how to create a usb for win 10 in case I want to repair/reinstall it in future because of any mishap? Also, will it require any key in that case? If yes, then where will I get the key from?

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Now can anyone let me know how to create a usb for win 10 in case I want to repair/reinstall it in future because of any mishap? Also, will it require any key in that case? If yes, then where will I get the key from?
Don't exactly know how to create a USB, but you can get the ISO on the previously mentioned link. To get the key simply search on Google. This edition activates with your hardware and have a generic key.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
do you have your files?? did you get any option to keep files??

i dint even pay attention. Got the notif for upgrading. Clicked yes and accepted the terms and conditions. And it was done within an hour. And yes, I have all my files

Upgraded from 8.1 to 10 on surface pro

Haseeb.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
i dint even pay attention. Got the notif for upgrading. Clicked yes and accepted the terms and conditions. And it was done within an hour. And yes, I have all my files

Upgraded from 8.1 to 10 on surface pro
hmmm.[DOUBLEPOST=1438238871][/DOUBLEPOST]anyways thanks

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Not too great so far! I still prefer the more 'desktop feeling' Windows 7! I have a Dell Inspiron 15R (core i5, regular 7200rpm HDD) and on this laptop, my Windows 7 loaded way more faster. The startup of Windows 10 is very similar to Windows 8/8.1 in terms of slowness. It all feels like Windows phone loaded onto my laptop and I totally dislike that feel of a Windows mobile OS.

Cortana occasionally crashes, when clicking on it to activate Voice search. The only feature I've liked so far is the multiple desktops. Let me see if it grows on me. I have been more disappointed than WOW'd so far.

Cortana is horrible. It doesn't even get my accent. Heck, even Siri gets my accent right. Having lived in the US for 14 years now, I have a good enough accent to get recognized by most voice recognition systems. And most of what it gets right, it takes me into the Edge browser (as if to say "I'm promoting Edge for god's sake).

The taskbar tray and the minimize/maximize/close UI is pretty mediocre to poor. Who the F worked on the UI for Windows 10? This one feels like one of the dev builds.

Last edited:

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Who the F worked on the UI for Windows 10? This one feels like one of the dev builds.

No idea what you are talking about on this one. Looks perfectly good to me. Things are a lot more accessible

And I totally do not get a windows 8 mobile platform vibe from windows 10

PS: I disabled cortana. I find voice assistant features really annoying

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I am really liking it too having switched from Win 7 (Had Win 8.1 too but only used it for about 3 hours maximum). Also, the loading time for me is pretty fast, about 6-7 seconds.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
I am really liking it too having switched from Win 7 (Had Win 8.1 too but only used it for about 3 hours maximum). Also, the loading time for me is pretty fast, about 6-7 seconds.
Yup, for me as wel.

dabatman

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Its weird I reserved my laptop and pc at the same time but its only available on my laptop - installed haven't really had a good play yet but can already tell my laptop is loading quicker than it used to but will have a proper look later.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Windows update for me says "Windows 10 upgrade reserved. We'll let you know then the upgrade is ready to be installed on this PC" :noway

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Who all of you guys have an SSD? And does anyone use an Dell Inspiron 15R? I am now contemplating if my experience has to do with the fact that my Dell Inspiron 15R is built optimally only for Windows 7 and now for any other OS. My experience seems to be the only rare odd one out.

Chewie

BCCI President
I never got a notification about windows 10 being available so I just used the link on the microsoft website to download the update thing

Haseeb.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I was installing Windows 10 where it failed and deactived my previous windows. Now I have to activate it. No product key with me. Hate Microsoft now.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Windows update for me says "Windows 10 upgrade reserved. We'll let you know then the upgrade is ready to be installed on this PC" :noway
Download the media creation tool and follow the steps. If you're in India it should have been up by now as it was available on the day of release through the windows update itself, I got it through WU but had some issues like it was stuck on preparing for installation. Henceforth, I updated using the tool and it was rather a quick and simple process than upgrading through windows update.[DOUBLEPOST=1438421666][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was installing Windows 10 where it failed and deactived my previous windows. Now I have to activate it. No product key with me. Hate Microsoft now.
There will be a skip option beneath it somewhere when it asks for the product key during the installation of Windows 10, that'll just scan your PC for the product key and proceed ahead if you own a legit copy of Windows 7/8.

Users who are viewing this thread