Windows 10| First Insider build after final release

Haseeb.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's strange really, can you specify your laptop model? Can you try and install Windows 10 using the ISO tool and clicking the skip option where it asks you for the product key. If this doesn't help then as others mentioned contact Dell/Windows.
So it didnt work either

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So it didnt work either
Laptop model? I can help you find the sticker as I'm unsure about the reliability of the command you tried to get the product key.[DOUBLEPOST=1438676756][/DOUBLEPOST]
Upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and it had errors, worst part was, it keeps restarting to rectify the problem.

Lucky enough I had an option to restore back to 8.1
Did you by any chance upgrade using windows update? I had few issues with it too, you should try using the ISO tool if you haven't already. :)

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Did you by any chance upgrade using windows update? I had few issues with it too, you should try using the ISO tool if you haven't already.

Did that make any difference? I upgraded via the windows update

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I upgraded via Win update and must say it was like stuck sometimes and I even thought of restarting but, I didn't. That did the trick and it was successful. Haven't had any problems after that.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Did that make any difference? I upgraded via the windows update
My bad I read it as it failed to install? And yes it did make a difference for me like I was stuck on the 'preparing for installation' thing and had to restart but it went smooth with the ISO tool. I believe you should give it a try if the installation failed.

Haseeb.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Laptop model? I can help you find the sticker as I'm unsure about the reliability of the command you tried to get the product key
I dont have the box. And I have checked the entire laptop

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Downloaded Iso 3 times due to powercut 1st time : 83%, 2nd time: 94% and then finally done. It looks awesome. I cant find the option in windows update where it let you seperately download the upates.

edit: Cortana isn't available in India ?

Last edited:

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Cortana isn't available in India

No it isn't at the moment. But I do see a lot of articles which show how you would go about activating it. A google search will give you plenty of tutorials to look into.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
No it isn't at the moment. But I do see a lot of articles which show how you would go about activating it. A google search will give you plenty of tutorials to look into.
I don't need it actually. For it, I would have to change my region and that will mess the settings and apps.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
I don't need it actually. For it, I would have to change my region and that will mess the settings and apps.
Doesn't do anything wrong, I'm using as region: US and time zone GMT. plus5:30

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

X Factor

Panel of Selectors
X Rebels
Hey anyone having problems in playing FIFA 15 in windows 10? my game is crashing after language select screen.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
WINDOWS 10 Insider build 10525(First after the the final release) is now available.
Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 | Blogging Windows
PC-build-image-1.jpg

PC-build-image-2-1024x733.jpg

Build 10525
The most exciting news in this post is that we have a new build for PCs we’re releasing today to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring – Build 10525.

This is our first new build since the release of Windows 10, and I’m very happy to talk about one new thing that you’ll see because it really highlights both how your feedback influences the product development as well as illustrating how some things will get implemented at different times depending on when we’re trying to stabilize and drive quality vs. when we’re open for new feature work.

Updated color options!
We got a lot of feedback on the default color for Start, Acton Center, Taskbar, and Title bars and that you wanted to be able to change to reflect your preferences. This feature is now available (though still early) in build 10525 for you to try. This is off by default, but you can turn it on by toggling this (Settings > Personalization > Colors):

Memory Manager Improvements:

In Windows 10, we have added a new concept in the Memory Manager called a compression store, which is an in-memory collection of compressed pages. This means that when Memory Manager feels memory pressure, it will compress unused pages instead of writing them to disk. This reduces the amount of memory used per process, allowing Windows 10 to maintain more applications in physical memory at a time. This also helps provide better responsiveness across Windows 10. The compression store lives in the System process’s working set. Since the system process holds the store in memory, its working set grows larger exactly when memory is being made available for other processes. This is visible in Task Manager and the reason the System process appears to be consuming more memory than previous releases.

We do have a few known issues with this build.
Part of the fun of being a Windows Insider is getting to tinker with prerelease software before the rest of the world, but you should be very aware as an Insider that prerelease software will come with bugs and things that are incomplete. Make sure you know and accept what you’re opting in to when you join the program, and of course make sure to back up all of your personal data before you begin.
  • Mobile hotspot doesn’t work in this build. When sharing the Internet from your device with mobile broadband using Mobile Hotspot, it will fail to get a valid IP address from your device and will show no internet access.
  • An update to Movies & TV application from the Store will be required to fix an issue with video playback.
  • Optional languages packs will not be available during the initial launch of this flight, it will be available later this week.
I’m very excited to be able to officially welcome you to the next phase of the Windows Insider program and bring you a new build today. I hope that you have fun with it, and be sure to keep sending in your feedback via the Windows Feedback app!

Users who are viewing this thread