Your Player Cards

Guybrush Threep

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's ok. I think i've come to realise (sadly boo hoo) that as good as the creator is there are gonna be players that aren't easy to do.

Good to see you back creating players Kasabian...if you ever left.

The other thing to consider with all this is that most of the time the players will be viewed from afar anyway, and at low resolution. Still, I admire the ability of some of you guys to create near-perfect likenesses.

prav33nb

Club Captain
Re-done David Warner

davidwarnern_by_prav33nb-d7bllth.jpg

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
that's a very good Warner. In fact it's testament to how good Snowy's is that one - whoch is awesome - is only the second best Warner on the server! (i don't mean that to sound like i'm being disrespectful, cuz i'm not.)

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That is almost perfect. You just need to decrease the length of the face a little and make the jaw tiny bit less square.

Guybrush Threep

Club Captain
I can't believe some of the players that are rated at or near the top in CA. Maybe there should be a "Big Ants" picks, or BA invited players that have their own top picks.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I can't believe some of the players that are rated at or near the top in CA. Maybe there should be a "Big Ants" picks, or BA invited players that have their own top picks.

Yup, especially for the game launch. Once folks spend enough time with the game, quality teams/players will rise through the ranks but initially a system needs to be in place that gets you the best teams. The ones in blocker's thread about linking and adding skills should be the teams on top.

Last edited:

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States

Don't go by player ratings. I do not think many are voting there. The team ratings r much better.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Remember, first reactions count. People are expecting to click the "get best" button and download top quality players. It would be annoying if top quality players existed, at least in most cases, but were not found.

Heck, even I would find it annoying and I know which creators to search for manually if needed. I want to be playing the game, not optimising player lists.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Remember, first reactions count. People are expecting to click the "get best" button and download top quality players. It would be annoying if top quality players existed, at least in most cases, but were not found.

Heck, even I would find it annoying and I know which creators to search for manually if needed. I want to be playing the game, not optimising player lists.

Truth be told, i will be surprised people would care about how accurate the faces are once they start playing. The only one whose face will be visible completely are the bowlers. And the game would be just too much fun to care. At least i am hoping so

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Spending 20-30 minutes per team to hand pick the players you want from potentially different creators isn't much. Between Israr and Prav33nb, they've basically made the entire India team for me.

One thing I have come across looking at other creations is the inconsistency in how people approach batting kit. Some people make absolutely incredible looking faces...and then don't touch the batting kit. With all of my uploads, I've tried to remain consistent across all players in relation to the sponsor and kit used (e.g. Kookaburra Kahuna = Vector, Grey Nicholls = Pace, Reebok = Plan etc.)

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Spending 20-30 minutes per team to hand pick the players you want from potentially different creators isn't much. Between Israr and Prav33nb, they've basically made the entire India team for me.

One thing I have come across looking at other creations is the inconsistency in how people approach batting kit. Some people make absolutely incredible looking faces...and then don't touch the batting kit. With all of my uploads, I've tried to remain consistent across all players in relation to the sponsor and kit used (e.g. Kookaburra Kahuna = Vector, Grey Nicholls = Pace, Reebok = Plan etc.)

I have not edited the bats that much. What i have tried to edit is individual shoe types/colors, batting and wicketkeeping gloves type/color, helmet type, cap/hat, and sunglasses color/style to match their real counterpart and bat grip colors. Did this for the famous/important players only.

For example warner playing with orange grips/gloves.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeh bat grip and glove colour were ones I always wanted to get correct.

It's interesting what different creators prioritise - I didn't edit anyone's hat or sunglasses for example.

kasabian21

International Coach
Yeh bat grip and glove colour were ones I always wanted to get correct.

It's interesting what different creators prioritise - I didn't edit anyone's hat or sunglasses for example.

I have for some and not for others. I had to get Robin Smith's yellow gripped GN Elite in there!

The Worcestershire squad I'll be uploading sometime before the release date, however, will have every bit of detail.

Users who are viewing this thread