T20 WC Final: Pakistan v Sri Lanka

The Blazer

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
610x.jpg

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
The people of Pakistan needed this. The things that have been going on in Pakistan would bring tears into your eyes. There are people there who are suffering each and every day. While Cricket may just be a game, it has brought a smile to the faces of those people. :)

Pakistan Zindabad

Ahad

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I am sure that I am the happiest guy in the whole universe.......... :happy :happy :happy :happy :happy

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Well done to Pakistan, did really well to win the world cup. Sometimes sport transends just winning or losing, I get the feeling that this is one of those occasions. Pakistan the nation has been through so much over the past 18 months and the people have suffered. Seeing the joyus scenes of people on the streets of Islamabad, Karachi and Lahore shows that for tonight everyone is united, proud and the depression has been lifted.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well so far Pakistan army are doing great against the Taliban so Inshallah Pakistan will become a safe for cricket and hopefully we will host the World Cup.

jordox

International Cricketer
Extremely happy Pakistan won, wanted them to win bad.

irottev

School Cricketer
You probably feel like an idiot right now, as you should.

Says the muppet who said Pakistan was a safe place to tour and any side not going there were chickens. Then weeks later half the Sri Lankan side almost died. Then because you're a chicken yourself you disappear for a while and never admit you were wrong.

Sri Lanka are a better side and deserved it more. T20 is a lottery i'm sad to say.

I dunno why you're all picking on Howsie because he made a prediction. Stop being so childish and grow a pair. Stop being sore winners.

Last edited:

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Says the muppet who said Pakistan was a safe place to tour and any side not going there were chickens. Then weeks later half the Sri Lankan side almost died. Then because you're a chicken yourself you disappear for a while and never admit you were wrong.

Sri Lanka are a better side and deserved it more. T20 is a lottery i'm sad to say.

I dunno why you're all picking on Howsie because he made a prediction. Stop being so childish and grow a pair. Stop being sore winners.

They obviously weren't the better side as Pakistan clearly outclassed them with bat and ball in this match...you must really hate Pakistan lol. Credit where it's due my friend.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
Everyone makes predictions. i thought SA would win, but they were outclassed by a very good and mature Pakistan side, as was Sri Lanka. No one should feel stupid for having a wrong prediction. That said, I think flaming was not necessary either. Pakistan has been through a lot as a Nation, and any happiness which can be given to its people should be given. The terror attacks were done by terrorist. They were not your ordinary Pakistani people. If you look at it, no side is safe to tour, as there will always be people who if given the chance would love to hurt their country. Unfortunately for Pakistan they were the ones who had this happen to them. If you look at it, it could have happened it India, Sri Lanka, Bangledesh etc. All these countries are not stable and these attacks could have happened in any of them. Unfortunately it was Pakistan.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Congrats to Pakistan, they peaked at the right stage as early they looked real shakey. They always had the bowlers although that was with Tanvir and Ahktar. But they found some good replacements and Afridi proved those that doubted his batting ability with back to back 50s.

As I said after every SL game, Dilshan is the key and after he failed their wasn't much else in the SL batting.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
It's no secret that Dilshan struggles with the short ball. He got out many times playing the pull against Pakistan in the recent ODI series. I have no idea why so many people were bowling him deliveries which could easily be driven. Seriously, where was the planning. i think most teams just focused on Sanath, Sangakarra and Jaywardena. Kudos to Pakistan for coming with a plan though.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Sangakkara was only player who batted wel from SL,Razzak made a good comeback,he got 3 wickets,he is a quality player,who can bat and bowl well

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
138 runs were definitely short,anyway Congratulations Pak for making it into finals for 2nd time and winning it this time...

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
ZexyZahid, that's what we call prediction, people back one team, supporters were huge for SL as they were the favorites and played pure class cricket (Dilshan!). no need to have the laugh smiley much, how immature that is by a moderator.

Well played Pak, instead of Afridi, i loved Razzak's bowling what a comeback after a break!

Congrats! Pakistan celebrate the win! :clap

There is a difference between prediction and disrepect. A prediction is like 'Sri Lanka have the best chances to win the final' and disrespect is like 'Pakistan doesn't have no chance at all' or 'the Pakistani batsmen will be torn apart by the Sri Lankan bowlers.'

Actually I simply put 10 smilies in my post? And that only sounds annoying to you? And all the rest of the garbage post that some other people doesn't annoy you?

At least thanks for the congratulations.

change of tone...a lil bit? may be? a tiny bit?? huh?

Yeah, I noticed that too, when I was look for some quotes.

That's real classy. I don't see what's wrong with any of those quotes. Pakistan played well today but they weren't that much better then Sri Lanka. I don't think that anyone that thought Sri Lanka were going to win should be laughed at. It's fans like yourselve that make me laugh when thier teams lose.

It was about the manner of the posts the people have written. A bit just like the quoted post you have in the signature. I don't have a problem with normal predictions.

thats exctly what you would have done, any one else would have done that too. because thats what you do, you laugh at the HATERS FACES

Actually most the times the winners of an important match and tournament have done itself. Personally I find that I've held myself back. I once did a backfire after some harsh posts, when Australia beat England in the Ashes.

So its immature when pointed out how everybody on the forum thought Pakistan had no chance?

Believe me, if I said India was gonna be knocked out before the Semi Finals, and they won the tournament, I'd have every Indian fan after my butt :)

Anyway, well, all I'm hearing are fireworks at midnight. Last time when we won the semi-final vs South Africa at 1:30 AM, I couldn't sleep till 4:30 AM. I wonder when I'll get some sleep. Government better declare public holiday :banana2

After reading some posts in the the threads I am pretty sure some of the Indians would have. Luckily not all are like that.

Breaking news: Younus Khan has retired from International Twenty20 Cricket.

I guess he really thought it was fun cricket after all...

See it in this way: on the height of his career he is stepping down from this format. Especially if he says that this win means a lot of Pakistan. He also dedicated this to Woolmer. So this win surely meant something for him.

^^ LOL

dude, look at your sig. just like you are making fun of British fans b/c of their stupid predictions, Pak fans are laughing at the predictions other people made saying "SL will Crush Pak"

and you ARE DOING IT. you are laughing at the british fan and quoting their posts...check your sig

agree with that

Yeah, I've telling the same.

And I still stand by it, simply because had the shoe been on the other foot, the Indians/English/Kiwis/Aussies would do the same.

Fair enough, you say you wouldn't do it, but most others would.

Yeah, it has been the same in the past, and I don't expect otherwise in the future. Pretty funny how 10 smilies can change people's moods.

All right, I was surprised to see you here during the Twenty20 tournament. I thought, after you had left the Fantasy Cricket Staff, you wouldn't come back here anymore. I don't mind you coming back at all, but you've been running your mouth ever since Pakistan beat New Zealand. But at least show some respect to some other people and countries. It's time that you keep whining about it and move on. It's not Pakistan's fault, that New Zealand can't play good cricket. Although you've been picking on Pakistani cricket all the time, I still find that New Zealand has a lot of talent. They simply need to exploit it.

And you didn't have the manner of at least congratulating the Pakistani fans after all that you've said. If Sri Lanka had won the match, I wouldn't have minded it.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
All right, I was surprised to see you here during the Twenty20 tournament. I thought, after you had left the Fantasy Cricket Staff, you wouldn't come back here anymore. I don't mind you coming back at all, but you've been running your mouth ever since Pakistan beat New Zealand. But at least show some respect to some other people and countries. It's time that you keep whining about it and move on. It's not Pakistan's fault, that New Zealand can't play good cricket. Although you've been picking on Pakistani cricket all the time, I still find that New Zealand has a lot of talent. They simply need to exploit it.

And you didn't have the manner of at least congratulating the Pakistani fans after all that you've said. If Sri Lanka had won the match, I wouldn't have minded it.

What do you expect from him ZZ? Of coarse he will pick on Pakistan team and disrespect them after all the beatings we have given his overrated choking team in semi-finals :D

Users who are viewing this thread