The Best Cricket Management Game On The Market

The Blazer

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
If CC has an editable database, I might be more open to trying it. ICC is essentially perfect for me. Apart from the fact that some players are rated wrongly, the engine is efficient, the gameplay is smooth, I like the fact that you have to figure out how good a player is, and form and fatigue play a big role. And the new training system makes it even better. CC does have to be something quite special to beat that.

In terms of genuine development, ICC has been so static that it's not even funny.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Well that's true, but there isn't much wrong in the game to begin with. And with ICC08, I can't figure out many flaws apart from the repetitive animations and commentary. Maybe the matches are a bit too predictable, but even then they aren't.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Good news, I'll be getting my hands on the new version at some point in the next few hours. Definitely excited about it, and I'm sure I'll be able to answer some questions if people have them.

Team editor, player editor and ground editor all included!

Had a chat with Oli this afternoon, we're gunna put out heads together at some point and mull over what we can do to improve this game in the future! Things like commentary (voice) and more teams 2 XI's and U-19's have been mentioned.

For all the feature that are in Cricket Coach compared to our competitors, its amazing that we're thinking of ways to beat Cricket Coach 2009, our own game, in the future!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Sounds exciting. Like I said, I'll definitely try this if it has the editors and all.

Mercules

Club Cricketer
The new version which should be out within a week at some point will have not only a Player Editor, but also have a tour editor, and a ground editor!!

Safe. I'll get a trial. Looks FM-esque from screenshots but thats not a bad thing.

dajesmac

Club Captain
CC09 is terrible. I'm sorry but it's ridiculous how i can post scores of around 450 in an ODI pretty much every time without just boosting up my player's aggression.

It's a great game overall, if you include editors and the huge selection of tournaments, but the simulation is just crap. I can make 600+ in a single day in tests, and post around 310 in a Twenty20, and still lose.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
CC09 is terrible. I'm sorry but it's ridiculous how i can post scores of around 450 in an ODI pretty much every time without just boosting up my player's aggression.

It's a great game overall, if you include editors and the huge selection of tournaments, but the simulation is just crap. I can make 600+ in a single day in tests, and post around 310 in a Twenty20, and still lose.

The thing is, that with games like International Cricket Captain, they've been going for many many years, and have the balance between too much and too little just right. I'm not going to sit here and pretend the ICC series isn't good, I play it!

Cricket Coach has been going since 2006, 3 years, its a massive ask for us to get every little aspect right. All we ask for is that people stick with us. We've released enough patches to prove that we're working hard for the fans.

All I ask is that you stick with us, and help us improve the game by being constructive in your criticisms.

age of the fall

International Cricketer

Unless the new patch is like this, I think you exaggerating a ridiculous amount

dajesmac

Club Captain
No of course, I'm not ruling it out completely, its a great game in every other facet and it's a really good effort. However, there are some really big issues regarding the simulation as mentioned before.

It was v3.05 if that answers your question, and these are no exaggerations.

That's my only complaint of the game, but it's still a massive point.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
No of course, I'm not ruling it out completely, its a great game in every other facet and it's a really good effort. However, there are some really big issues regarding the simulation as mentioned before.

Just so I can go back to the dev, Oli, and show him these, is there any chance of a graphic to show this? Please.

dajesmac

Club Captain
Okay mate, I'll try my best to get you a couple soon. It is now 3:16am here, so I might hit the hay, but I'll get back to you when I'm concious again haha.

leftarmlegspin

Club Cricketer

That's interesting if true, because it was the exact opposite with v3.04, in that it was near impossible to get a score of over 300-330 in Tests. Perhaps they've overdone it! Out of curiosity, are you tweaking anything with the bowlers? If you're just sitting there and clicking on 'next over' everytime without changing how you are bowling, perhaps that is the problem. I'd love it if the game actually made you use this function, and think a bit on how to get the batsmen out.

Any idea on when a trial version of v3.05 is going to be available? I trialled the previous version, and so it isn't letting me have another go with this new one. I read on the website that people in this position will get another 2-day download.

The Blazer

Club Cricketer
Exaggeration.

I'm getting scores of 300-350 on average and so are the opposition. Only once have I managed to score 500 and that was on a flat pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread