TAOC Alpha Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
One of the things I love is the subtle movement of the bat before the ball is bowled, instead of the bat just hanging in the air until the shot is played.

Brilliant work guys, amazing.

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
WILL TAOC(THE FULL game) REALEASE BEFORE MAY 2010 SO WE CAN PLAY IN SUMMER VACATION

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Most things people are mentioning like the vertices, the ball too red, etc are very minor and when people play the game and if gameplay is as good as it sounds then people won't even notice those.

My suggestion as always is please give priority to the alpha release. Once people actually see the gameplay then they would see the big picture and hopefully give better feedback

session

Club Cricketer
Most things people are mentioning like the vertices, the ball too red, etc are very minor and when people play the game and if gameplay is as good as it sounds then people won't even notice those.

My suggestion as always is please give priority to the alpha release. Once people actually see the gameplay then they would see the big picture and hopefully give better feedback

Well Said!:happy

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, looks pretty good. Really like the fast bowling vid.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11215

It looks really good but its been looking really good for months. The alpha must be round the corner before it begins to lose momentum again.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
It looks really good but its been looking really good for months. The alpha must be round the corner before it begins to lose momentum again.

For once Will, I'm agreeing with you here. Its been looking nice and attractive for months and months, but really, its shoddy marketing from the guys here. I know this started out as a "lets actually make a cricket game that's good, and is for everyone," but you either bring out regular updates, and wayyy before now there should have been some playability for people, OR you keep it behind closed doors.

Although this is a farcical effort from a "games company," perspective, nonetheless i'm a Cricket fan and am willing to give anything a go. Timing is crucial from here on in, as too long and you'll lose followers.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
They are not earning any money (yet) for making this game so they can take as long as they like making it. They are not a game company like EA. If I was making a game myself I would just ignore what anyone says about time because there is no restriction. I honestly don't care how long the game takes, if it's good quality it'll be worth the wait.

HnC

School Cricketer
Good to see people mentioning the foot movement i thought i was the only one, and I think I mentioned it in an earlier video, which would make sense as JK said it was the old anims.

I showed the video to a friend and he was shocked at how good they looked. Couple of things, I think it was mentioned that the type of pitch will play a role in this game, so I would like to ask if this was a hard pitch would the ball bounce a lot high and carry through high because it does seem very skiddy.

Also as for the pace bowling the seam movement was brilliant, but it didnt really seem to swing much, so i was just wondering if, JK and LM did take my suggestion on board about whether the swinging ball will land on the marker or not, or does it deviate from the marker meaning the batsman will have to anticipate swing.

Lastly after the game is released, could more animations be added provided JK would want to continue to make them, or if someone else offered.

Top Stuff
Brilliant stuff

P

pcfan123

Plus I highly doubt they are developing this game to get rich. It's probably most for their resumes.

If they were going to make 50-100k off this then I am sure it would have been a different story but there is no way this game will generate that kind of revenue. It will probably be pirated to the max.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Good to see people mentioning the foot movement i thought i was the only one, and I think I mentioned it in an earlier video, which would make sense as JK said it was the old anims.

I showed the video to a friend and he was shocked at how good they looked. Couple of things, I think it was mentioned that the type of pitch will play a role in this game, so I would like to ask if this was a hard pitch would the ball bounce a lot high and carry through high because it does seem very skiddy.

Also as for the pace bowling the seam movement was brilliant, but it didnt really seem to swing much, so i was just wondering if, JK and LM did take my suggestion on board about whether the swinging ball will land on the marker or not, or does it deviate from the marker meaning the batsman will have to anticipate swing.

Lastly after the game is released, could more animations be added provided JK would want to continue to make them, or if someone else offered.

Top Stuff
Brilliant stuff

and another reason why TAOC will beat everyone in terms of gameplay.
the marker is for the straight ball...more like a reference. so if its swinging..it'll pitch differently than the marker. otherwise even tailenders can comfortably play swing lol.

hmm....about the anims after the release. tbh, am really not sure at this stage. depends on how many play the game, ratings / feedback etc.

jkartik added 11 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Plus I highly doubt they are developing this game to get rich. It's probably most for their resumes.

If they were going to make 50-100k off this then I am sure it would have been a different story but there is no way this game will generate that kind of revenue. It will probably be pirated to the max.

i dont know about LM's future plans but this game will certainly not "enrich" my resume in anyway.

am an aspiring movie director / writer / actor. making this game has nothing to do with my career prospects as you can tell.

i should actually be doing rounds of production studios, making short films, writing scripts, assisting directors, giving auditions etc. but am putting it all on hold so that i can finish this game once and for all. its ONLY the love for the sport and TAOC that has kept me going over the years.

i've never done any course in animation nor game development and whatever i've learnt so far is due to self-learning and improvement with obviously
the guidance of LM.

many a times, i decided to quit TAOC, planetcricket and the entire scenario and focus on my career...i even came pretty close and literally announced my resignation to LM. heck, even LM came close to quitting.

we have sacrificed social lives, personal relationships etc just for this game.

all this and for what ? few hundred people who MIGHT like this game, no pay etc. oh and not to mention facing the OTT nit-picking of a few members who sometimes fail to understand the basic things.

and now while am writing this, its again gotten me into the philosophical zone where i question whether i should continue or not ! :doh

so i better stop the "repeated several times" rant and go to bed in the hopes of getting up fresh and working towards the alpha.

JK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread