TAOC Alpha Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah, the bowl looks too big. Maybe its because the ball looks more like an apple than a ball. :p

shahid-afridi-bites-the-ball.jpg

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, I was thinking of that as I was typing. I wasn't thinking about my spelling. :doh

Seriously the ball is way too red, the ball looks a lot like one of those sprites(icons) in games from game maker.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have a question LM and JK, will the game be a donation based sale? As in paying as much as you like for the game or will there be a set price? There is no way it should be free after all the effort. The first option has been done very succesfully before and I think it would work quite well if you do not wish to set a price for it.

Any chance one of you guys can give me a reply on this post? Cheers.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, I was thinking of that as I was typing. I wasn't thinking about my spelling. :doh

Seriously the ball is way too red, the ball looks a lot like one of those sprites(icons) in games from game maker.

will fix it...

jkartik added 1 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Any chance one of you guys can give me a reply on this post? Cheers.

at this juncture, a donation based system is the best way to go.
but never say never. who knows if we get some good publishers..;)

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer

Are you talking about the bowler's ball icon or the actual game ball?

yusuf_m

School Cricketer
Great videos!

The physics look fantastic.

One criticism I would have of the second video is the position of the batsman as he plays the shot.

His stance is fine but when he moves his feet his back foot moves to the legside so there is no movement INTO the shot.

The batsmans legs sort of just spread out.

The backfoot should remain still and the front foot move towards the ball unless the batsman is purposely backing away. In fact, the back leg almost always moves to the OFF side.

I know it seems small but it's soemthing you never see a real batsamn do.

Also, the red ball icon seems to be in a rather awkward place... shouldn't it be in a cornes somewhere? Certainly not right in your eyeline..

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Great videos!

The physics look fantastic.

One criticism I would have of the second video is the position of the batsman as he plays the shot.

His stance is fine but when he moves his feet his back foot moves to the legside so there is no movement INTO the shot.

The batsmans legs sort of just spread out.

The backfoot should remain still and the front foot move towards the ball unless the batsman is purposely backing away. In fact, the back leg almost always moves to the OFF side.

I know it seems small but it's soemthing you never see a real batsamn do.

Also, the red ball icon seems to be in a rather awkward place... shouldn't it be in a cornes somewhere? Certainly not right in your eyeline..

hahaha...again...the batting build which LM has is relatively OLD.
the new one will be times better...i guarantee. :)

and not just creating it....but also implementing it properly in the game is also a skill. and that was done in a bit of a hurry to release the vid.

so dont worry, the next vid should be more satisfactory in terms of the batting aspects. ;)

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
hahaha...again...the batting build which LM has is relatively OLD.
the new one will be times better...i guarantee. :)

and not just creating it....but also implementing it properly in the game is also a skill. and that was done in a bit of a hurry to release the vid.

so dont worry, the next vid should be more satisfactory in terms of the batting aspects. ;)

when will be next vid available.

styles20

School Cricketer
Brilliant work :hpraise . My expectations are running wild :banana2 . Can you compile a video with all batting and bowling animations .

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
@sachingr8 and @styles20 - the next vid will have LOADS more batting and bowling animations and also the physics and stuff. :)

if we stick to our guns....then may be in another 7-10 days ?
even quicker if we go crazy lol! :P

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
One thing I noticed. It's very minor. It's regarding the sound in video three, the birds chirping that is. It has a sort of jerky transition from 00:10-00:13 when the sound is being replayed from the start.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
@sachingr8 and @styles20 - the next vid will have LOADS more batting and bowling animations and also the physics and stuff. :)

if we stick to our guns....then may be in another 7-10 days ?
even quicker if we go crazy lol! :P

okay brilliant work.
Waiting for it.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
One thing I noticed. It's very minor. It's regarding the sound in video three, the birds chirping that is. It has a sort of jerky transition from 00:10-00:13 when the sound is being replayed from the start.

thats loopy loop my friend. :p
very minor thing....and also easy fix. ;)

btw, the 3 teasers have been uploaded on YOUTUBE and you can view it on
the FIRST PAGE of this thread. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread