Cricket 07's Gameplays vs Ashes 09's Gameplay

Which Game Has a Better Gameplay?

• Total voters

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I found Ashes Cricket 2009 much better after Those Beta Patches,
[1. Game-play is Much better.I mean You Can Slog Each and Every Ball For Six/fours in Cric 07,but In AC 09,you cant,the Slower and Faster Delivery Has a Different Effect.
2.The catching :D
3.Decent AI]
and Without Beta Patches AC 09 is a Trash :p

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
Once again, nice to see a thoroughly well-researched answer based on a number of clear and valid points.

although i am in favour of ashes 2009 but that post was real waste in fact some people just dont understand

this"i love ashes 2009:laugh:laugh:happy:happy"
:doh
will not help anyone or serve a purpose of comparison

please try to give gameplay points of the game you support like
mine

Batting : 360 batting system is superb and much better than the boring 8 shot system of 07 although ai pacing and field placing suffer a bit but overall the batting is better

Bowling : Even in bowling ashes wins hands down as it as more variations ,last moment swing option,better execution meter change bowling in 07 is just too monotonous although the color coded system of ashes is just not good enough but the overall experience is far superior to 07

Fielding :This one is not even in the frame for 07 as there is just the option to choose ends while fielding the catching system makes the fielding intresting in ashes

Game modes : cric 07 has more game modes of course and ashes loses hands down in this one even there were no licenses but even generic tournaments should have been added

@Gameplay patches of 07 are already taken into account while comparing the gameplay

Although it is gameplay discussion patches also have a bit of ffect on gameplay

Patches(Graphical) : cric 07 is much better in this respect too there are loads of modders patching it also some legendary modders(zaxotes,ahad etc) are also there ashes is behind because full editability has not been enabled but still kits,bats,armguards,stumps,ropes,crowds,in-game text is editable also some legendary modders are there (srk,kabooka)
soon when full version of big editor by abhinav will be released the game will become better than 07 in this regard.(remember cric 07 was launched in 06 and now its 2010) but if the editor is released the ashes will catch up with 07 but currently ashes is behind 07

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
although it is not on topic but today i played ea cricket 2005 because i saw ducthad repeating the point of 2005 being better and i installed all latest kits ,ten sports overlay tutsi 6.0 patch and friend 863 replay patch and i was absolutely amazed:eek: the gameplay was rock solid camera options were fabulous i batted with behind the batsmen view and dymaniic view in fielding it looked ultra-realistic also the ball many times missed the bat by a whisker from below from above also missed the stumps and i was really shocked when saw the stump-cam view yes stump cam:eek: view in a replay also the statitics were there in the menus you could acess the stats (played,won ,win %) much beter than ashes or 07 so conclusion is ea crikcet 2005 is the best game till date (gameplay wise) overall ashes give a competition

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
^Then I think you need to change the title from "Cricket 07's Gameplays vs Ashes 09's Gameplay" to "Cricket 05's Gameplays vs Ashes 09's Gameplay":D

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
then all the opinions till now and the poll will will become waste anyways i just bowled and noticed a manual fielding we can dive too amazing this thing is often requested in future games wishlists but it is present in a old game

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
I think EA should have at least continued features of old game to a new one.
@alaukik- You could request for change in poll to a moderator.:)

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
But the people who have posted their their posts will be wasted
anyways there is no comparison in cricket 05 and ashes 2009
cricket 2005 beats ashes hands down
i suggest you also buy one it is just 300 rupees
and kits of ea cricket 2007 can also directly be used for 05

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
just 300 rs:eek:But there's no store selling cricket game's copies.I bought AC09 copy from Ahmedabad and I can't go there to buy C2k05.:facepalm

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
just 300 rs:eek:But there's no store selling cricket game's copies.I bought AC09 copy from Ahmedabad and I can't go there to buy C2k05.:facepalm

buy it from ebay india request your parents to buy this game as i think now you must be starting your summer holidays so they wont object

ven562

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well if you look at batting in AC09, it is really tough, a small example for that is a well see batsmen batting against a spinner and if he leaves the ball without playing he gets stumpped 95% of times, and there is no way of getting back.
Also bowling with a spinner gives more Fun in EA 07.

AC09 has very good stat displays and also the hawkeye which is a very gud feature, but a sad thing is that it takes of the system resources completely and you cannot have anything running the background.

Hope we get new game from EA......

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
dude you have to press right arrow key quickly and
also you can press shift so it will leave the ball without leaving the crease

ven562

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I use joy stick not the keyboard, guess thats th problem, but anyway my choice is cricket 07, and when it comes to gameplay EA cricket 05 is very cool as it has very good range of shots.....

Users who are viewing this thread