A Dreamy Suggestion to Codemasters

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeps; the sound has never been as good as it was in BLIC '99 and neither has the gameplay.
I do hear people murmuring chanting India jitega and Pakistan jitega in BLIC 05 during India-Pakistan match the only thing is I put on my headphones which enables clarity.

exprezzo

Club Cricketer
99 is too old and outdated,not for me !I was happy with 2005 and 2007 and am looking forward to 2009 :)
Let bygones be bygones and lets look forward positively towards the future.Cheers to Codies and Transmission for their hard work and efforts.
:cheers

nach2nach

School Cricketer
I have heard so many people saying 99 is the best, i decided to try it out. My mate has the game, and i have ps3 that supports the ps1 and ps2 format. Seriously, the game was crap, i tried it out and to be honest it was to difficult to make shots and graphics were so horrible that one would not be able to play. (even though i know it was streched out on a 42 plasma).

Can people please explain for what reason is 99 the best cricket game?
Just few examples would be great, nothing big.
Thanks,
/Andy

dajesmac

Club Captain
Balance
Difficulty
AI
Test Matches
Pitch types and their effect on the game.

Yeah, actually good points. Especially the AI! In 2005 the AI was dreadful, with the batsmen almost TRYING to score as less runs as possible - they refused to take easy singles and blocked atrociously bad balls. They would score about 30 in a Twenty20, and those runs were brought up by completely random sixes.

2007 was an improvement, but to me it was more of a twenty20 game, as they would score at around 8 an over, but get bowled out for 60.

You're also right about the Test Matches thing, they used to be fun in 99 but since then they've been crap.

In 2007 pitch types seemed reasonably effective, but maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

dajesmac

Club Captain
Yeah, actually good points. Especially the AI! In 2005 the AI was dreadful, with the batsmen almost TRYING to score as less runs as possible - they refused to take easy singles and blocked atrociously bad balls. They would score about 30 in a Twenty20, and those runs were brought up by completely random sixes.

2007 was an improvement, but to me it was more of a twenty20 game, as they would score at around 8 an over, but get bowled out for 60.

You're also right about the Test Matches thing, they used to be fun in 99 but since then they've been crap.

In 2007 pitch types seemed reasonably effective, but maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

Lol, i just realised I misunderstood what you were saying anyway. I thought you were saying BLIC99 was far superior for those reasons, but it just occurred to me you were talking about AC09 being superior. Epic blonde moment, and I apologise.

As I haven't played it, I wouldn't know, but I still maintain the AI in the 05/07 versions were absolute BS.

I hope they fixed that defaulting to the back foot thing for the AI...

Users who are viewing this thread