How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

P

pcfan123

Easy pickings, think ive mastered bowling against the ai on hard with the action cam.

Also got the defeat by an innings achievement.

Damn, this seems to be the standard Test on IC10, over on the 3rd morning.

A major improvement from other games (I can win matches before lunch Day 1 in most other games) but it would be nice to see at least one match go to Day 5.

Id really really really like to see what impact 15-20 over sessions would have on the game

D

Dutch

haha... you managed to bat 50 overs?

I never bat the full quota.. always get all out no matter how hard I try. So, kudos on that :p

And ya, I expect a one-sided game when you play SA. And, you know on which one-side you will be. :D

Yeah, should be a doddle for the cloggies!:p As long as Steyn doesn't start spitting at us that is!

Just completed a game with dutchad no problems at all gg btw Dutch very close finish:)

Ha! Was you that! Nice game. Yeah I tried to play real cricket and limit the slog button to what I thought would be realistic. Nice game indeed!

Last edited by a moderator:

St0ney

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thought you were a bit tentative at the start, i tend to go for a slog if needed
:p

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Damn, this seems to be the standard Test on IC10, over on the 3rd morning.

A major improvement from other games (I can win matches before lunch Day 1 in most other games) but it would be nice to see at least one match go to Day 5.

Id really really really like to see what impact 15-20 over sessions would have on the game

Mark, i have had 3 draw, 2 days 5's and 3 day 4 finishes!!

The stats make a big difference. Pakistan in my new test are currently 243-3 after 72 overs on day one. Great realistic test match action!

D

Dutch

Mark, i have had 3 draw, 2 days 5's and 3 day 4 finishes!!

The stats make a big difference. Pakistan in my new test are currently 243-3 after 72 overs on day one. Great realistic test match action!

Good going. I need to read your stats thread and set the teams up. Overall I am finding the game has good pacing. Once again it is also down to you as a player wanting to play test cricket and not a slog a thon, although the AI batsmen do do silly things regularly.

Had a crazy opening game of the T20 World Cup last night - couldn't believe it.

Played as Aus (me) v Sri Lanka @ Grenada on hard.

Batted first and made 212 from 20 overs (Clarke made 60 odd and got to his 50 in 14 balls).

Then Sri Lanka went berserk from the outset. In the last five overs I bowled really well and though I had them. They needed 17 off the last over. It came down to 7 required off the last ball, Johnson bowling, and Angelo Mathews launched him for 6 over square leg....

Then it went to a super over!!! Amazing that they have this in the game! Sri Lanka came out with Jayasuriya and Dilshan and managed 18 - not bad at all.

I cam out with Watson and Clarke. Watson smahed 18 off the first 5 balls. It came down to the very last ball, and he leant back and smashed it over cover for 6!!!

Win!

But god damn, T20's on hard are freaking hard hey. Its almost impossible to contain the AI. Has anyone noticed its slightly easier to bowl first?

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Then it went to a super over!!! Amazing that they have this in the game! Sri Lanka came out with Jayasuriya and Dilshan and managed 18 - not bad at all.

I cam out with Watson and Clarke. Watson smahed 18 off the first 5 balls. It came down to the very last ball, and he leant back and smashed it over cover for 6!!!

WOW! That's a pleasant surprise. :yes

Although you could have taken it one step further by blocking the last ball of Super Over and see what happens.. LOL :p

MuchMore added 1 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

No no no! Tournaments are much much better. Very varied and from the group stages!

If only it was on PC too... but I'm hopeful of decent patches for AC09 after AbBh's breakthrough work on the BIG editor. :)

Does anyone find 2020's on hard impossible? I average about 2 wickets a game when bowling and get absolutely smashed. Batting gets impossible too. What does everyone reckon? Does playing on normal give unrealistic scores?

D

Dutch

If only it was on PC too... but I'm hopeful of decent patches for AC09 after AbBh's breakthrough work on the BIG editor. :)

Yeah I am going to keep an eye on that thread as it might make Ashes 09 reasonably playable again.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Does anyone find 2020's on hard impossible? I average about 2 wickets a game when bowling and get absolutely smashed. Batting gets impossible too. What does everyone reckon? Does playing on normal give unrealistic scores?

I'm getting better at them. I can score 200 odd and I can win if I chase rather than bowl second. I've had Aus scoring as low as 140.

stevo1

Club Cricketer
Have had barely anytime to get right into it. However have started an Ashes series as Australia against England in England.

Hard mode

England 0/33, sent them in with the conditions a bit cloudy and overcast, Strauss on 11 (40) and Cook 19 (29). Both batsman playing very cautiously and I must say I'm enjoying it quite a bit, hopefully in for a ripping Test match.

D

Dutch

I have been playing games with the Netherlands against Scotland and the like and been having good encounters. I am really varying my line and length and swing. I don't always go for light green either as the batsmen tend to pick that off easily if not bowled perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread