Zulqy found in UK, announces retirement

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Must have been a pretty stressful couple of days. Get threats, gap Dubai, land in UK, retire. :(

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This looks pretty serious now, although i do think he is overreacting. In my opinion ICC should place a temporary ban on Pakistan cricket... just until they get their act together.

ferg512

International Coach
This looks pretty serious now, although i do think he is overreacting. In my opinion ICC should place a temporary ban on Pakistan cricket... just until they get their act together.

Yeah i agree they should be banned for a while, but I dont really know whether he is overreacting - he is supposedly receiving death threats and there isn't anyone he really could go to, to help him out. I would be pretty shaken up myself if my family was receiving threats so I think he probably has done the best thing.

Also sad to see him retire, just the kind of cricketer they needed. And he was a whole lot better than that Kamran Akmal.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
:lol Pakistan will need to find a new WK again

In what way are threats of these type funny?

Really sad for him. They really need to clean up Pakistan cricket as by the sounds of it some of his teammates were involved. When asked were your teammates involved refusing to answer is as good as a yes in my opinion.

The Sun are reporting that he was filed for Asylum as it would be unsafe for him to go home looks to me like they might be spot on, for once.

Gurjot95

National Board President
I agree Pakistan should sort their match fixing problem first. Haider did the right thing going to London, PCB can't be trusted of handling the situation imo.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Just when the team started to perform, ████ happened in Pakistan cricket yet again.

I don't actually know what was he up to, he has retired but why?
He could have reported it to ICC or his team manager instead of flying away.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't actually know what was he up to, he has retired but why?
He could have reported it to ICC or his team manager instead of flying away.

He reportedly got death threats for him and his family. What else he could do?

P

pcfan123

This is ridiculous and it's only happening to Pakistan. no other team in cricket has to deal with this kind of bullshit.

Most likely the entire team is corrupt except for 1 or 2 players, they should ban Pakistan from cricket for a year and ban the entire lot of players and administrators from playing again.

If Pakistan is serious about saving whats left of their reputation and playing cricket then they should start over from scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I say he should come back as the motha' flipping captain. Really like the look of his character.

I've got a feeling that everyone - Afridi, Waqar, the whole kit and kaboodle - are involved in some scandal. I think he has just said enough is enough and quit.

That, or he has just over reacted to something that could have been negotiated and sorted out.

Last edited:

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
This looks pretty serious now, although i do think he is overreacting. In my opinion ICC should place a temporary ban on Pakistan cricket

This seems to be a common misconception at the moment, whilst it is the Pakistan players being caught it's the Indian bookmakers who are causing the corruption.

P

pcfan123

Who cares where the bookmakers are from? That is not relevant. Only the Pakistanis are the ones talking to them, not reporting to ACSU and accepting money.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Only the Pakistanis are the ones talking to them,

No, the bookmakers are going to the Pakistanis not the other way round. If you want to stop it to the core, you have to get to the bookmakers not the players. Banning Pakistan from cricket will only work to an extent. Just because the only evidence we have is of Pakistan, doesn't mean they are the only people doing it.

Every report I have read recently has been about bookies 'approaching' them, rather than them going out and looking for match fixing scandal.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Its a bit naive Ollie to think that the ICC can in anyway deal with these criminal syndicates. The only powers they have are to force the players adhere to strict rules which will hopefully stop the scammers from getting a foothold in the sport.

Users who are viewing this thread