Quarter Finals Stage

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The business end is here. 4 matches produce 4 winners. The team that plays well on that day is just a step closer from World Cup glory.

With the Top 8 Test nations all qualifying for the next round, we have the most likely options here :

Pakistan v West Indies - Mirpur
Australia v India - Ahmedabad
New Zealand v South Africa - Mirpur
Sri Lanka v England - Colombo

For some reason this is the most entertaining aspect of this World Cup. 7 mad matches after a month full of long, drawn-out, sometimes dead rubber matches to select the ultimate winner. Classic !

vickyrox

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Only the Ind vs aus match looks exciting.!
We would prefer losing tomorrow than facing australia at the quarters

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
If Pakistan beats Australia, and India beats the Windies, India will meet the Aussies in the Quarters.
If the Aussies win and India win, it will be India v New Zealand.
If the Aussies win and India lose, India v Sri Lanka.

I would prefer to have New Zealand opposite us in QF to have an easy win, but not yet against Aussies. :thumbs

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
India's strength in bowling are their spinners so i think India would like to face Aussies and not Sri Lanka in the QF. Doesn't matter if India win/lose tomorrow they are going to face a really tough game in QF.

Btw, If WI manage to crush India by a huge margin then India might slip to 4th and face Pakistan, but i doubt that would happen.

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan has won against Australia and they will face either West Indies or England.

South Africa already know they will face New Zealand in the quarter-final.

harrisb

International Coach
Yeah, a West Indies win tomorrow would definitely do us favours, i'd sooner not play Sri Lanka this early on in the tournament, if we drop down to 4th, we'll play Pakistan, which is considerably easier.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I would much prefer to face Windies than England. Pakistan have had a very poor time of it against the English. It will be much easier to beat Windies IMO.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
What ever happens tomorrow India will be under extreme pressure in the QF if they win the game theyl meet AUS in QF and if they loss the game it will be IND vs PAK ? :facepalm

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
ATS SA are my WC favourites, although im backing my Australians to keep improving.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Hmm, so it would be:

Pak vs WI
Ind vs Aus
SL vs Eng
SA vs NZ

Cracking fixtures indeed! I'm expecting Pak, Ind, SL and SA to qualify for the semis. But everything I have expected so far hasn't happened, so....:p

simsanta123

Club Cricketer
Hmm, so it would be:

Pak vs WI
Ind vs Aus
SL vs Eng
SA vs NZ

Cracking fixtures indeed! I'm expecting Pak, Ind, SL and SA to qualify for the semis. But everything I have expected so far hasn't happened, so....:p

If Ind beat Aus...and Pak will most probably beat WI, then Ind v Pak Semi Final... That'll be a cracker.

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
If Ind beat Aus...and Pak will most probably beat WI, then Ind v Pak Semi Final... That'll be a cracker.

India would play SA or NZ (winner of that QF) If they do win against Australia. If India play SL in QF then they have chance to meet Pak in SF.

Users who are viewing this thread