ICC World T20 Bangladesh 2014

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Anyone else see that random guy in red running behind Sangakarra, waving to the fans like he'd won it himself? :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I dont agree with you saisrini,it is world known fact that indians always play like champs on home soil.So nothing positive unless you prove it in an alien condition.

Then why didn't we win the Asia Cup, that was held in this same nation just a month back? We have lost quite a few tournaments in subcontinent conditions. And this isn't even home, its Bangladesh. If you call subcontinent home, then it applies for other teams too (SL won this tournament at home).

Its not all about alien conditions. Even in familiar conditions, there are other teams who can be so challenging that you have to bring out the best in you to stay at the top. India did that for most part of the tournament, except in the final where SL were better!

----------

Sometimes, it could be media exaggeration too. But if this was true, its really criminal of people to be doing such things. What did his family do to face the pelting? I mean even him, the guy has won us two major ICC tournaments (2007 T20 WC, 2011 ODI WC).

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
"A scientist took the brain of Bevan, the power of Dhoni, the timing of Tendulkar & Kohli was the Frankenstein Monster result. #IndvSL #WT20 "

What a beast.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
There was bound to be a failure on one day and it just happened to be on the big night.

Well played Sri Lanka, and deserving champions...

I wouldn't blame Yuvraj for this. Poor guy kept trying, but he is just not there. He ought to have been dropped after his first couple of games. He looked completely out of touch and he seems to be a pale shadow of his former self these days, even on the field. I kept wondering when he would play a part in a defeat. I thought it would be in a big chase when we required a high run rate, but it came in the finals batting first.

Also, as we very well know, Dhoni can be pig-headed at times with his tactics. When you're defending 130, you need to bowl out your best bowlers early to try and pick up wickets. Dhoni is always on the defensive, trying to save his best bowlers for the end, when it's too late anyway.

But Sri Lanka were just too good with their end-overs bowling. Such control and discipline not to concede even 6 runs an over in the last four. Amazing stuff.

After the high intensity semi-final against South Africa two days ago, India looked a spent force.

Last edited:

Akhil 12

Club Captain
There was a wonderful performance from the side of virat Kohli, who played for his team very well, in batting as well as in fielding too.(he picked up a good catch for India) :)

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Don't really understand the logic behind this kind of violent acts against Yuvraj and his family. If at all anyone felt intense during the T20 world cup? It was just like yet another match for many out here. Craze was nowhere at par with the 2007 and 2011 WC's which we won, apparently because of some match winning performances by Yuvraj. I myself was shouting and abusing him last night, but then we should understand that apart from a captaincy blunder by Dhoni, Yuvraj just didn't look in the right shape. Even if Raina would've scored a duck last night he will be remembered as the best man not to bat in the innings.
Yuvraj's selection for WC - questionable
Yuvraj's selection in the XI - questionable
Not promoting Raina - usual kinda blunder by the captain

He didn't perform. End of it. Every player should be in the team on merit basis, now what does Yuvraj have to do with his selection? #BlameDhoni

Now Sri Lanka. The most deserving team to win. They won many close matches. Capitalised onto the death and middle overs very well, and....and...Mahela and Sanga. As a cricket fan, I'm very happy for them! They've got something they deserved:thumbs

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Don't really understand the logic behind this kind of violent acts against Yuvraj and his family. If at all anyone felt intense during the T20 world cup? It was just like yet another match for many out here. Craze was nowhere at par with the 2007 and 2011 WC's which we won, apparently because of some match winning performances by Yuvraj. I myself was shouting and abusing him last night, but then we should understand that apart from a captaincy blunder by Dhoni, Yuvraj just didn't look in the right shape. Even if Raina would've scored a duck last night he will be remembered as the best man not to bat in the innings.
Yuvraj's selection for WC - questionable
Yuvraj's selection in the XI - questionable
Not promoting Raina - usual kinda blunder by the captain

He didn't perform. End of it. Every player should be in the team on merit basis, now what does Yuvraj have to do with his selection? #BlameDhoni

Now Sri Lanka. The most deserving team to win. They won many close matches. Capitalised onto the death and middle overs very well, and....and...Mahela and Sanga. As a cricket fan, I'm very happy for them! They've got something they deserved:thumbs

Yes, Dhoni's tactics seem a bit tired these days. He rarely makes team changes and rarely changes his on-field approach. He is also looking more and more flustered under pressure. Yuvraj's selection was only one blunder of many. Another was not bowling out his best bowlers early on, because when defending 130, you can only win by taking wickets, not by defending runs.

I would dare to suggest that Kohli should lead India's 50 over World Cup campaign. He has the passion and aggression to make a difference and he will bring a fresh approach to captaincy.

ratchamal

School Cricketer
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I'm glad to hear those words from an Indian.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
This Year T20 World Cup Killed Yuvraj Cricketing Career... Today He is Villain for most of Indian Cricket Fans and he remain villain for long time... and it is sad thing that he done so much for Team India in Past, Played Match winning innings in almost all important matches in past, but last night performance will put them all in dustbin... Sorry Yuvraj, I am your fan but i am hurt...:(:(:(

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yuvraj Singh, Sri Lankan Legend.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
When you're defending 130, you need to bowl out your best bowlers early to try and pick up wickets. Dhoni is always on the defensive, trying to save his best bowlers for the end, when it's too late anyway.

My question is- on a flat wicket, whilst defending 130, can you afford to be that aggresive ?
130 on a flat surface is not at all enough. The team morale was obviously low after that 'gem of an innings from Yuvraj singh'. The ideal score for India would have been in the range of 160 odd.

In a final, against a team like Sri Lanka, 130 was not enough. You cannot blame Dhoni here. The only thing you may blame him/Fletcher is the promotion of Yuvraj.

In 2011, In-form Yuvraj is held back.
In 2014, an out-of-form Yuvraj is sent up the order, against the same team. :mad
Also, his selection is not justified on the grounds that he didn't even bowl a single delivery. At least he could have proved himself worthy of being an all-rounder. A total zero throughout the tournament. Just goes to show that favorites in the Indian set-up are persisted with, while once a player is out of form, he tends to be in that lane forever (read: Dhawan)

PokerAce

Banned
At the end I hope some idiots now don't start an imaginary trend that India lose when Kohli scores in the big games, like they did with Tendulkar.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
My question is- on a flat wicket, whilst defending 130, can you afford to be that aggresive ?
130 on a flat surface is not at all enough. The team morale was obviously low after that 'gem of an innings from Yuvraj singh'. The ideal score for India would have been in the range of 160 odd.

In a final, against a team like Sri Lanka, 130 was not enough. You cannot blame Dhoni here. The only thing you may blame him/Fletcher is the promotion of Yuvraj.

In 2011, In-form Yuvraj is held back.
In 2014, an out-of-form Yuvraj is sent up the order, against the same team. :mad
Also, his selection is not justified on the grounds that he didn't even bowl a single delivery. At least he could have proved himself worthy of being an all-rounder. A total zero throughout the tournament. Just goes to show that favorites in the Indian set-up are persisted with, while once a player is out of form, he tends to be in that lane forever (read: Dhawan)

I agree that 130 was not enough and that Yuvi played a big part in the low total.

But then even then, Dhoni should have gone to attack not defend. Better to lose, trying to get opposition all out, than lose trying to defend the runs which is near impossible these days.

All said and done, I agree with your assessment that Yuvraj was the one man who cost us the game, even though it is politically correct to say that it is a team game.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I feel sad for Yuvraj. Yes, you do abuse players when they don't perform and drag the team down (not the country, just the team) because you are so passionate about the game and feel emotional about it, but after the game ends, you forget everything... But to pelt stones on their family and all is just pure rubbish....

Yuvraj is a hero, has been a hero and will be one forever. You cant crucify him like this. Yes, I am disappointed that he pulled the team down with his slow performance, but to me, Yuvraj Singh will always be India's hero, the guy who won us two World titles. but I also do think his time is over. I dont believe he will make it to the World Cup 2015 squad.

Users who are viewing this thread