MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
i wonder why !!! people don't ask about more of important questions like about the AI gameplay, field settings (are we going to have realistic ones or long on back in the first day of a test match), basically how realistic this game will be to all the older ones !! or is it going to be the same old thing with a new box
Would you believe them if they did? No game is made intentionally to be unrealistic - with the exception of games intending to be 'arcade' style, which this one isn't - there's just only so much testing and match situations they can account for or build in. People will inevitably find exploits in any gameplay/AI.

The best thing from my perspective is that because they are starting from scratch, any little issue that was unfixable between AC09 and IC2010 because it would have meant rewriting a massive part of the game can be accounted for in the design stage, the base will be better the second time round because there will be a lot of experience in making a cricket game and getting the feedback from them.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Would you believe them if they did? No game is made intentionally to be unrealistic - with the exception of games intending to be 'arcade' style, which this one isn't - there's just only so much testing and match situations they can account for or build in. People will inevitably find exploits in any gameplay/AI.

The best thing from my perspective is that because they are starting from scratch, any little issue that was unfixable between AC09 and IC2010 because it would have meant rewriting a massive part of the game can be accounted for in the design stage, the base will be better the second time round because there will be a lot of experience in making a cricket game and getting the feedback from them.

Mattw you are a genus, I second this all the way to
The bank.

For chief, any more news from 505 games yet.
I thought you were the chief here chief.B-)

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
i wonder why !!! people don't ask about more of important questions like about the AI gameplay, field settings (are we going to have realistic ones or long on back in the first day of a test match), basically how realistic this game will be to all the older ones !! or is it going to be the same old thing with a new box :D

Obviously you haven't read the countless questions on countless threads asking about gameplay?!
Also questions about non gameplay issues arnt less "important" just because you see it that way. People have the right to ask about what THEY see as important.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Mattw you are a genus, I second this all the way to
The bank.

For chief, any more news from 505 games yet.
I thought you were the chief here chief.B-)

What news are you looking for? Latest news I have read was that they are making a game with Starbreeze, who are one of my favourite developers ever. But I'm guessing that's not what you are asking? :-)

Allrounder18

Banned
@Chief
As it looks like bigAnt has the upper hand on the following features
1)online save
2)modding friendly
3)cricket academy
4)career mode
5)online team sharing

So what you guys gonna do to clear the perception that BigAnt cricket is just on a different league compare to ac13

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
What news are you looking for? Latest news I have read was that they are making a game with Starbreeze, who are one of my favourite developers ever. But I'm guessing that's not what you are asking? :-)

Sorry chief, I was meaning the release date for
Ashes 2013.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Release date has been announced! 21st June.

Yes I saw the amazon cover like everyone else.
Just thought maybe chief new a little more.
Like the nintendo version and if the 21 of June
Is 100% right, if yes only 4 months to go guys.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
@Chief
As it looks like bigAnt has the upper hand on the following features
1)online save
2)modding friendly
3)cricket academy
4)career mode
5)online team sharing

So what you guys gonna do to clear the perception that BigAnt cricket is just on a different league compare to ac13

Is there any way (and, indeed, is there any benefit) of doing that right now?
I suspect not. :)

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Yes I saw the amazon cover like everyone else.
Just thought maybe chief new a little more.
Like the nintendo version and if the 21 of June
Is 100% right, if yes only 4 months to go guys.

Anything released officially is 100% confirmed. Everything talked about here merely WILD speculation. :D IDST.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Quick question for Chief, one thing I was thinking today whilst having a 25 over blast on Ashes 09 with some new kits [cheap plug for the mods forum] ...will the new game feature dynamic weather/daylight?

Ie - say you select a 20 over "Day/Night" match - so the weather dynamically changes during one innings from daylight to the lights starting to take effect. Then the 2nd innings begins and it's the last of the daylight into the full-on effect of night?

...same would go for the weather. You pick an "overcast with the chance of rain" setting - and the weather naturally progresses worse as the hours go on?

They tweeted confirmation shortly after our story, https://twitter.com/ashescricket13/status/300925130543083520 - I updated the front page post, but not the forum section.

Correct! And the Forum FAQ was updated mere hours after the announcement on twitter ...all the OFFICIAL answers are contained there, along with anything OFFICIALLY announced by Chief in this very thread - which you can check by looking at the index. Note; it's simply him giving vague answers, very little is confirmed fact, as he's mentioned many times.

Is there any way (and, indeed, is there any benefit) of doing that right now?
I suspect not. :)

Indeed. I'll just POLITELY remind people that this thread is for questions for Chief and not a "Big Ant vs. Ashes 09" discussion... which is entirely irrelevant at this point since nobody has played or can compare either finished game... suggest any discussion of that ilk is kept out of this forum entirely, thanks.

Note: If you're not sure if your question has been asked, check the first page to find out all the relevant and interesting answers given so far...

Last edited:

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Anything released officially is 100% confirmed. Everything talked about here merely WILD speculation. :D IDST.

Sorry again chief I must have missed that little detail.
So yes guys only 4 months away, my guess is 505 games
Will want to start showing the game soon. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Last time the first visuals came roughly 3 months before release. So we could possibly be treating our eyes by march i suppose? And Chief, please make more than 2 trailers this time.

Users who are viewing this thread