Domestic structure in your country

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That's a fair point!! Ireland would have a decent side if they kept the few that've played for England.

hopefully they will get test status.

i know the ICC awards test status, but anyone know who grants first class status? because the irish 3 day competition getting first class status will help them get test status.

it would be good if Morgan read the writing on the wall, saw that he is unlikely to be a test player again and went back to ireland - and the icc took their head out of their asses and didn't make him serve qualifying to allow him to play for ireland in the world cup.

the scots should try to get teams in the irish competitions, but finance is probably a factor.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
How does a three day match work tactically? I can't imagine you get many results unless there are forced declarations.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
dunno... the county championship in england was 3 day for a long time. i think only within the last 20 years did it become 4 day.

i think they have more than 90 overs in a day, and the bonus points systems usually operate only within the first 100 or so overs of the first innings, to encourage aggressive play and potentially scoring 400 at 4 an over and declaring and going for bowling bonus points is more lucrative than scoring 600 at 3 an over. (depending on match situation of course!). you can make a lot more in bonus points that straight win/draw points.

believe the follow on also applies at 150 rather than 200.

which reminds me, i don't think there is an option in CA to limit when bonus points apply?

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I think when it was a three day format it was 90 overs per innings! It led to a lot of draws and was replaced! I saw during the ashes that Ireland's domestic game have applied for 1st class status as a way forward rather than competing in our leagues, which isn't a step forward for them. Think your right about Morgan and with rankin too, the ICC would do a lot for the development of the game to allow them to play for Ireland again, I'm all for the expansion of world cricket, maybe one day having a three tier test league with promotions etc!!! Long way off I know but it's something I'd like to see

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
I think both pieterson and trott had English parentage, But certainly they would have gotten in the SA team. I think we'd probably be more in par with Sri Lanka or Pakistan without them, most decent county sides would beat Bangladesh and Ireland.

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
If it wasn't for your damn THIRD UMPIRE the Ashes would not have been as one sided as it was.. (I am a pure optimist for sure).

fixed ;)

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
I think the pitches in Australia will suit us more than ours did!! Harris bowled excellently and made use of the movement! On harder bouncier wickets that'll dust up a bit day 4/5 our tall quicks will enjoy it and swanny'll rip a few outta the rough. Our batsmen'll have a field day too!!!! The Aussie conveyor belt has jammed of late and with the exception of a few your not in our league!!!!

Quacktime

Club Cricketer
I think the pitches in Australia will suit us more than ours did!! Harris bowled excellently and made use of the movement! On harder bouncier wickets that'll dust up a bit day 4/5 our tall quicks will enjoy it and swanny'll rip a few outta the rough. Our batsmen'll have a field day too!!!! The Aussie conveyor belt has jammed of late and with the exception of a few your not in our league!!!!

You realise that the return ashes series is in Australia and not India right? Our pitches don't crumble nearly as much as our batting lineup, you know.

Users who are viewing this thread