Post your questions about the game here!

Agreed. Approx 80% of my wickets with my spinner are caught at either mid on/off or long on/off. Currently not getting value for money for my wickets, just bowling good deliveries with some variation and wait for the lofted shot, which is frustrating as bowling mechanic is so good

Might start career as batsman on Pro level until patch gets released

This is exactly what I've done. Have started career as a no. 3 batsman and thankfully AI hasn't asked me to roll my arm over. No point in taking cheap wkts on career mode and will start a bowling career once AI batting is sorted out hopefully in patch #2 .

----------

The thing I always notice with bowling is how the AI doesn't really put away the bad balls. They play forward defensives to leg stump half volleys yet try to smash decent line and length balls over the top.

AI batting is pretty random TBH. They try to play a reverse sweep to a ball wide otside leg and get caught at point, or try to smash a ball on or outside off and get caught or bowled. There's no pattern to AI batting and they are as likely to get out to a rubbish delivery (my trusted method) as to a good one (not as frequent in my case).

But for me the experience has been different like getting leading edge when trying to play on the leg side and bottom edge when I bowl a flighted delivery....So for me the experience has been good with the spinner...

For eg : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUKL9iYpE-c

The previous delivery I bowled was a off spinner and the next ball the batsman was playing for the spin but I bowled a doosra....:D

I am bowling on Legend level where getting one edge a match is amazing. If you are on Legend too then please share your tips :)

The thing I always notice with bowling is how the AI doesn't really put away the bad balls. They play forward defensives to leg stump half volleys yet try to smash decent line and length balls over the top.

Good point - I have noticed this on many occasions too

----------

One thing I certainly hope they improve in the patch is for AI batsmen to bat more according to their type

E.g. precise, conservative, aggressive etc

I have hardly seen much evidence of this attribute having much effect in game - has anybody else?

In that time I have never seen a good , bad or indifferent ball "hit a crack and zip off at 45 degrees" Does such a thing even exist in this game?

Okay, a bit of exaggeration, but I have had my fast bowler hit a crack and get a damn fine angle change from it.

What is your career player? Exclusively batsmen? Because a part timer throws 1500rpm on his first delivery.

My current career right handed wrist spinner is a batsman all rounder. As such, do not get to pick any particular part of spin bowling I'm good at, all stats are very low, and am playing on Legend difficulty, not sure how much a difference that makes to spin amount (Testing this now actually).

----------

By the way, with some initial testing (very initial), I think the main issue we're seeing with AI batting and fielding is simply the created player skills are wrong. There was comments before release that we just didn't know what a certain stat really equated to what kind of real life skill counterpart.

With completely toned down (ie, as min as possible) fielding stats, I was intentionally putting the ball right at the bowler and mid on/off or whatever fielder I could. At one point the ball was landing at the fielders feet and he didn't even try to dive for it. Not a single catch was taken with at least a dozen close calls that would normally have been an easy catch for the usual superman we see.

Hey guys as the minimum specs for PC is out I would like to ask whether my PC would work DBC 14 as I am quite dumb with Graphics card specs

I have NVIDIA GeForce GT210 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card,Intel core I5 [email protected],4GB ram,500 GB hard disk.

Okay, a bit of exaggeration, but I have had my fast bowler hit a crack and get a damn fine angle change from it.

My current career right handed wrist spinner is a batsman all rounder. As such, do not get to pick any particular part of spin bowling I'm good at, all stats are very low, and am playing on Legend difficulty, not sure how much a difference that makes to spin amount (Testing this now actually).

----------

By the way, with some initial testing (very initial), I think the main issue we're seeing with AI batting and fielding is simply the created player skills are wrong. There was comments before release that we just didn't know what a certain stat really equated to what kind of real life skill counterpart.

With completely toned down (ie, as min as possible) fielding stats, I was intentionally putting the ball right at the bowler and mid on/off or whatever fielder I could. At one point the ball was landing at the fielders feet and he didn't even try to dive for it. Not a single catch was taken with at least a dozen close calls that would normally have been an easy catch for the usual superman we see.

I think you might be onto something mate. Maybe after all , Bigantstudios didnt "bugger" up the fielders abilities , but rather the trigger happy player creators . And then we all downloaded the "Get Best" thus all copying the "Wrong" fielding attributes over .

I would think that QA should really give this a go .

There must be a way of undoing get best to restore the original rosters and test this.

Ditto the batter aggression to be honest. That could easily be user input settings.

Well we know it's not just the 'get best' because a lot of people have put the bulk of their game time into career mode games with the teams that were skilled on the basis of the default rosters.

There's a difference between zeroing out fielding stats, and 'normal' stats resulting in extreme abilities.

I think Matt is right, I know I still experienced AI batsman doing silly things and some extreme catches in the field when playing on disk teams.

Yes, you can reset the CA to default, it's in the CA menu in the game, somewhere.

I am bowling on Legend level where getting one edge a match is amazing. If you are on Legend too then please share your tips :)

I am good with spinners...So my tips are that bowling in the line offspin or doosra...Batsman plays down the wrong line when bowling doosra wisely....But when you bowl that line you need backward and forward square leg as batsman sweeps with that line to take catches when AI mistimes sweep,this happens sometimes....And the length I use is full and release the ball late which results between full and good length...That's the best and effective length for doosra and topspin...Another thing which will be effective is controlling revs in the game mainly for off spin like two rotations or another thing to reduce the revs is to select the length and then the type of delivery and then spinning...gives around 300 revs [bowl this rarely which gives plumb lbw when bowled in the line...As many here have said that having mid on and mid off is the best if you want wickets easily even at legend level[May change with patch#2]...That's all....:)

Well we know it's not just the 'get best' because a lot of people have put the bulk of their game time into career mode games with the teams that were skilled on the basis of the default rosters.

There's a difference between zeroing out fielding stats, and 'normal' stats resulting in extreme abilities.

I haven't really followed the CA player linking and unlinking threads but that doesn't make sense.
If on-disk player A. Player has batting 6, fielding 5 and bowling 6 (I know they have more than 3 stats) and is replaced by A Cook then the stats have to have changed and increased.

I haven't really followed the CA player linking and unlinking threads but that doesn't make sense.
The pre-patch game replaced the downloaded player ratings and types with the ones from the on disc roster based on the order of the roster, regardless of player roles, when starting a career (as part of the built in balancing). Which among other things resulted in players who are in the real world batsmen, being given the skills from an on disc bowler.

As such, anyone who started a career before the first patch is playing with 'on disc' player skills, including for the skills relevant to fielding.

So if there was a problem of the downloaded teams being 'over skilled' compared to the teams provided by Big Ant, the fielding issues wouldn't have been apparent in the career mode, which they certainly were and are.

A question based on @Biggs comments. I'm noticing that you/he keep(s) talking about caught and bowleds and repeatedly losing wickets to them, but I'm very rarely caught by the bowler. I've been dropped by him and had good shots fielded countless times, but I've only been caught a couple of times. I'm interested to know what other people's experiences on this are, as some people seem to be finding the fielding much worse and more difficult than others, in different areas?

Last edited:
I am good with spinners...So my tips are that bowling in the line offspin or doosra...Batsman plays down the wrong line when bowling doosra wisely....But when you bowl that line you need backward and forward square leg as batsman sweeps with that line to take catches when AI mistimes sweep,this happens sometimes....And the length I use is full and release the ball late which results between full and good length...That's the best and effective length for doosra and topspin...Another thing which will be effective is controlling revs in the game mainly for off spin like two rotations or another thing to reduce the revs is to select the length and then the type of delivery and then spinning...gives around 300 revs [bowl this rarely which gives plumb lbw when bowled in the line...As many here have said that having mid on and mid off is the best if you want wickets easily even at legend level[May change with patch#2]...That's all....:)
Really appreciate all that but I was after tips for getting edges. I am ok taking wickets but want more edges when bowling :yes

Users who are viewing this thread