Post your questions about the game here!

mar

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why won't my XP register on the online Experience leaderboard?

I have over 18,000. I assumed it was an online game only leaderboard, but have been told it's all games. I am on the Xbox 360.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
A question based on @Biggs comments. I'm noticing that you keep talking about caught and bowleds and repeatedly losing wickets to them, but I'm very rarely caught by the bowler. I've been dropped by him and had good shots fielded countless times, but I've only been caught a couple of times. I'm interested to know what other people's experiences on this are, as some people seem to be finding the fielding much worse and more difficult than others, in different areas?

I hardly ever get caught and bowled because I only play in the V when there is deep or no mid on/off. I definitely feel that I've been caught off bump balls with the spinners though.
My default is basically whip it though midwicket (which can make it go to mid on) or drive through the covers (caught behind).

Champ_BD

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Just reset the cricket academy, how do I get best now?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Really appreciate all that but I was after tips for getting edges. I am ok taking wickets but want more edges when bowling :yes

For me edges happen more when I make them drive the ball with off spin....Even today got an edge while AI swept and caught behind,I bowled a Drifted delivery....And another way is to bowl full outside off, abit wide and make him cut and bowl a top spin ,very effective....But overall there is not a particular formula to get an edge but the cut thing works like 7/10 for me...Try and tell me if that works for you...:) :cheers...

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A question based on @Biggs comments. I'm noticing that you/he keep(s) talking about caught and bowleds and repeatedly losing wickets to them, but I'm very rarely caught by the bowler. I've been dropped by him and had good shots fielded countless times, but I've only been caught a couple of times. I'm interested to know what other people's experiences on this are, as some people seem to be finding the fielding much worse and more difficult than others, in different areas?

My experience is consistent with yours, i.e., a bunch of dropped catches by bowler, and thankfully so else I wouldn't be able to score much, along with bowlers not letting anything get away within 8 yards in either direction. This sadly takes straight drive out of the equation.

Really appreciate all that but I was after tips for getting edges. I am ok taking wickets but want more edges when bowling :yes

I have seen edges to keeper the following ways...

1. Spinner bowling slightly on the short side outside off and the AI batsman gets an edge to wk while going for the cut.

2. Bowl seam up delivery or an outswinger on a goodish length. Batsman goes for the drive and edges it. Last game I had no bowler in the cover region and batsman edged an outswinger to the wk. It was the best wkt I have taken to date but unfortunately wasn't able to recreate it.

3. Bowl a bouncer which is head high, and the AI batsman may edge it to keeper trying to hook. Again, this doesn't happen too often but I have seen this happen couple of times while bowling.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I have seen edges to keeper the following ways...

1. Spinner bowling slightly on the short side outside off and the AI batsman gets an edge to wk while going for the cut.

But for me the AI cuts easily for a boundary when bowled a little bit short...So I use fuller delivery and it works majority of time....:)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
But for me the AI cuts easily for a boundary when bowled a little bit short...So I use fuller delivery and it works majority of time....:)

Have a point and 3rd man and they won't.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Have a point and 3rd man and they won't.

Yeah but having a fielder wherever the AI hits is good but I like that surprise myself factor when I dont have a fielder in the place where AI is actually trying to hit and get a wicket...Just that feeling make you feel like a cricketer for a moment as if you have done the job for the captain....The career mode has really made me play for the team...:yes

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
A question based on @Biggs comments. I'm noticing that you/he keep(s) talking about caught and bowleds and repeatedly losing wickets to them, but I'm very rarely caught by the bowler. I've been dropped by him and had good shots fielded countless times, but I've only been caught a couple of times. I'm interested to know what other people's experiences on this are, as some people seem to be finding the fielding much worse and more difficult than others, in different areas?

If you play straight you will get caught by the bowler from time to time but it's like 8% chance as they drop so so many. I like the risk because i make lot's of runs down the ground vs spin and also ok amount to the pace men.

AniketMehta

School Cricketer
Cricket 14 fan

Guys IHave this Laptop--
Dell Inspiron 15R (N5110) Review

Cricket academy 1.00.00 runs smoothly..
Will DBC 14 Run it as smooth as pc specs are announced??

Win 8
2.5 Ghz 4 Gb Ram

Also is it safe to overclock it Plz tell

Cant Wait To Play..

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If you play straight you will get caught by the bowler from time to time but it's like 8% chance as they drop so so many. I like the risk because i make lot's of runs down the ground vs spin and also ok amount to the pace men.

Strongly disagree, it's more like 9.73%

Avishkar

School Cricketer
Okay guys I need help regarding this.

I am so confused with spin bowling now. Basically, every time I bowl, I am not getting an RPM above 400 except like 1 in 50 deliveries where I get an RPM of 1000+. I played an online game with a friend who was getting RPM in excess of 1500 every time. After the match, we talked on mic where he instructed me through via voice chat on how to spin the ball. We played a 5 over game just to practice on the spinning aspect of the game. I did everything as he said and yet my RPM was never going above 400. On the other hand, he mentioned that even when he is doing 1 rotation, his RPM is touching atleast 750. So we got very confused and deduced that the problem is with my LAS. This is possible and could have gone unnoticed since not many games use LAS rotation.

Now, the thing is I played offline with bowling assist on. I checked that 80% of my deliveries receive the 'good' level in the 'spin input' criteria and 90% of my deliveries are in the good length area (both in green zone). However, none of these deliveries have received an RPM above 1000 :noway. So could my LAS be at fault if the 'spin input' level is reaching good/ perfect levels? If not, then what could I be doing so wrong that is going undetected in the bowling assist area as well?

Someone please help.

Last edited:

Wolfin2010

School Cricketer
Updating teams

When I started the game it asked me update the names I clicked on NO and played the games and got some achievements then I went academy and update the team but that didn't fixed the name problem.

My question is how can I update the names now; I don't want to run the full team update since I already modified Pakistan team.

Users who are viewing this thread