India in England Jun-Sept 2014

As I predicted, we have found a way to lose this game. We need to somehow get another 70-80 runs so that even if we get bowled out, we have a total to fight with. However, we should never have been in this mire. Both Binny and Jadeja need to go out for the next game. Its hard enough to win with 11 men, almost impossible with 9 men. I would pick Ashwin and Varun Aaron in place of those two for Lords.

We are playing right into Cook`s hands here by not looking to score runs. The moment we lose a couple, England will go ahead and win this one by chasing down a low score. At least try and get runs while you are there or else you keep the opposition in the game. This is where the Anderson innings hurt us. He did not just occupy the crease and try to play out time.

Last edited:
Is`nt it ironical that our most attacking spinner and best fast bowler are in Australia playing for the A team.

Couldn't be a better situation for Binny to go ahead and prove everyone wrong.

lol cant imagine sir ji is is actually blocking it out, has anyone seen that before.

If we get another 50 odd runs and then get out , this match may actually get interesting.

England might now be thinking that they can win it from here. Anything under 220 will be achievable provided they bat positively.

If we get around 220, I actually have a feeling this is going to get close. Don`t know why but I think Bhuvi might be a handful here. We are going to get a result today.

Lol lost our way England now have a great chance of winning this one. Need some magical innings from shami and bhuv again :D as this match is all about the last wicket partnerships

Don't understand the hate Binny gets. He has looked a better batsman than Dhoni and Jadeja in these conditions and he cannot do anything if he does not get a chance to display his bowling skills.

Don't understand the hate Binny gets. He has looked a better batsman than Dhoni and Jadeja in these conditions and he cannot do anything if he does not get a chance to display his bowling skills.

The hate is not because of his batting abilities. If India played him in the side so that he can ease the workload of the other bowlers, he wasn`t the right choice. Ashwin is a far better bowler and also has batting credentials better than that of an unproven Binny or the flashy Jadeja.

To give the devil his due, Binny has looked comfortable as a batsman. He has been far more convincing than Jadeja wit the bat. His bowling however, is not going to get test quality batsmen out. Also, our tailend woes are crying out loud for Varun Aaron to be in the side. When and how he can be accomodated is to be seen.

Is it only me who wants India to get bowled out for a lead of 220 odd with 50 overs to go. I still feel there could be an explosive end to this test match if that happens.

Totally agree!

Why has he not been bowled enough? I find it ridiculous.

The same goes for Ali and Cook,, maybe Cook doesn't understand how to sue a spinner, Ali has done well for someone who is only part time, 2 wickets, a not good ER but this was expected against India but two wickets 21 runs a piece isn't bad at all imo.

Cook needs to bowl him consistently at one end for a good 7-8 over spell while the pace bowlers rotate on the other end.

If you saw him bowl, you would know why he wasn't bowled more, Binny's batting looks solid, but there is no place for him in this team as a batman who's a part time bowler, because that's what his bowling is good for, it's not up to international or Test standards, and if you really think about it, Kohli could do that.

I'm still not sure what I'd do with this team, there clearly needs to be more pace injected, but you can't drop any of the pace bowlers and I'm not sure if we really want to hurt our batting more (we already have Dhoni at 6) by dropping either Binny or Jadeja for an extra pace bowler that can't bat... I'm not even sure if Aaron is the answer, got to have a look at the Lord's pitch, if it's anything remotely close to this, we need to get Ashwin in for Binny and if not, I don't know.

Last edited:
If you saw him bowl, you would know why he wasn't bowled more, Binny's batting looks solid, but there is no place for him in this team as a batman who's a part time bowler, because that's what his bowling is good for, it's not up to international or Test standards, and if you really think about it, Kohli could do that.

I'm still not sure what I'd do with this team, there clearly needs to be more pace injected, but you can't drop any of the pace bowlers and I'm not sure if we really want to hurt our batting more (we already have Dhoni at 6) by dropping either Binny or Jadeja for an extra pace bowler that can't bat... I'm not even sure if Aaron is the answer, got to have a look at the Lord's pitch, if it's anything remotely close to this, we need to get Ashwin in for Binny and if not, I don't know.

I agree. To begin with, I would like to go with Ashwin for Binny. To be really honest, I`m not yet convinced with Ishant. He might have got 3 wickets but eventually he ended up with 3/150. Also, its been a tendency with him to have good spells and then some horrible docile stuff. I`m still quite confident that Bhuvi and Shami will come good. If Ishant continues with his yo-yo kind of efforts, Varun or Pandey for him could be a gamble worth taking. So, for Lords Ashwin in for Binny/Jadeja depending on whether the wicket is green or dry.

we need to declare now and make a game out of this.

That will not happen with Dhoni as the captain. Unless we get bowled out, Dhoni will keep batting. I would ideally like us to get a decent bowling session at England where we can ask more questions to Cook who won`t look forward to batting if the target is out of reach.

Users who are viewing this thread