India in England Jun-Sept 2014

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
With the commentators stating that the Lord's pitch is going to be greener than usual, I would go for Pankaj over Pandey, Ishant and Aaron. He is ideally suited to the conditions and can put up a very good performance.

Binny has bowled just 10 overs this match. And to make it worse, he did not bowl one lengthy spell. So, it is too early to judge him. He could've been given at least one 7-8 over spell where he would have got into some rhythm and displayed his skills.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
embarrassing wicket. so low and slow that actual batsmen found it a nuisance to play shots but tailenders could easily make up for any failures by just taking their time.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Now that there is no chance of a result, I would like India to go on and grind the British into dust. It will have affect them both physically and mentally.

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Now that there is no chance of a result, I would like India to go on and grind the British into dust. It will have affect them both physically and mentally.

But a 40 over bowling session against England would be a good chance to get some top order wickets and plant some doubt into the England batting. Who knows what a couple of wickets at the top can do. Cook won`t like to come out to bat now knowing they don`t stand a chance of winning.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
But a 40 over bowling session against England would be a good chance to get some top order wickets and plant some doubt into the England batting. Who knows what a couple of wickets at the top can do. Cook won`t like to come out to bat now knowing they don`t stand a chance of winning.

Maybe. I'd rather just rest the bowlers for the next test. This is a long series. Hopefully, both captains will agree to a draw in a bit.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Yeh, there is absolutely no need to get our bowlers back on this surface where nothing is going to happen. It will be better if we just bat until they declare it's a draw. Let Binny score his century and fix his place in the side for the rest of the series.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I'd probably look to bowl a few overs at Cook, but really the priority here is Binny's potential 100, if he can't get it, let this be batting practice for the tail.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Why the hell would you want to bowl again on a pitch that offers you nothing, with respect to your team's bowling skills? Dhoni should let India bat on and on until either we lose 10 wickets, or the umpires offer the option of taking the draw.

India would want to end the game in a better frame of mind, going into the next test. If they bowl, they cant end up with a better frame of mind (i.e. better position). Scoring runs gives you better frame of mind, and it subsequently brings down the opposition's confidence.

Hope Binny's innings today doesnt impact his selection. We need a 5th bowler, and if Dhoni cant use Binny enough, he must go. Bring back Ashwin, especially if the pitches are going to be like this for the series.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
its quite funny that Moeen and Joe are making the ball turn more than Jadeja...

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Hope Binny's innings today doesnt impact his selection. We need a 5th bowler, and if Dhoni cant use Binny enough, he must go. Bring back Ashwin, especially if the pitches are going to be like this for the series.

Heard somewhere that the next pitches would be better for seamers due to the response they got for this pitch :spy :rolleyes

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
If you saw him bowl, you would know why he wasn't bowled more, Binny's batting looks solid, but there is no place for him in this team as a batman who's a part time bowler, because that's what his bowling is good for, it's not up to international or Test standards, and if you really think about it, Kohli could do that.

I'm still not sure what I'd do with this team, there clearly needs to be more pace injected, but you can't drop any of the pace bowlers and I'm not sure if we really want to hurt our batting more (we already have Dhoni at 6) by dropping either Binny or Jadeja for an extra pace bowler that can't bat... I'm not even sure if Aaron is the answer, got to have a look at the Lord's pitch, if it's anything remotely close to this, we need to get Ashwin in for Binny and if not, I don't know.

He didn't ball that bad, wasn't too expensive but yeah he is a part timer who can bat a bit but still, when you have an "allrounder" in the teams, you should bowl him, puts too much pressure on the regulars.

we need to declare now and make a game out of this.

Dhoni + Cook... That's not going to happen

its quite funny that Moeen and Joe are making the ball turn more than Jadeja...

LOL yeah I noticed that

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok Binny saved the test for India. But I still don't think he should be in the team.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Even Cricket 07 doesn't gives Binny a chance :(
attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 104