dbc hacks: fearsome tweak v2.90 +minigame v0.03

Im playing career mode. And its the AI who dropped the catches. Anyone playing with semi-assisted field were able to take slip catches ?
Are they Pakistan by any chance? They seem to drop a lot. ;)

Im playing career mode. And its the AI who dropped the catches. Anyone playing with semi-assisted field were able to take slip catches ?
I'm not sure what is going wrong in the hack or the game. But we always see that there are many drop catches in the slip while using this hack. I suggest you to place your best fielders in the slip so that you can atleast take 1-2 catches in an innings. As per my knowledge, batsman take more difficult catches than the bowlers.

I'm not sure what is going wrong in the hack or the game. But we always see that there are many drop catches in the slip while using this hack. I suggest you to place your best fielders in the slip so that you can atleast take 1-2 catches in an innings. As per my knowledge, batsman take more difficult catches than the bowlers.

Its not the hack it is the game. The game does not put players with good catching ability in the slips

Its not the hack it is the game. The game does not put players with good catching ability in the slips
Yep, generally you will get the bowlers in the slips. No idea why this happens but you definitely need to manually set your field a lot which can be pretty tedious

I tried to play and simultaneously record important events as they happened in a One day game. Used Normal pressure at Veteran Difficulty while bowling (v1.02). I must say that although the game wasn't a tight one, I felt it played out as a extremely realistic match. It might take a few days before I could edit all the videos together but until then, here are the stats from the game.

AUS (AI) vs IND (Me) - Sydney Cricket Ground - Dry, Hard and Heavily Cracked Pitch - Random No Chance of Rain Weather - India Won the Toss and Elected to Bat First
Fielding Restriction: 1-10 Overs
IND's Batting PP: 36-40 Overs
AUS's Batting PP: 18-22 Overs

4.png

5.png

6.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

Last edited:
Sibi what are the charts?

I had written down the data for both the innings after each over. So I just used to Excel to create these. I guess you would find them in all of EA Cricket games and live broadcast ofcourse. I felt that such a graph could better represent the run rates that the AI was trying to achieve or maintain throughout the innings. Just like how gideon had presented his AI Engine model with a code simulated graph.

You know I only come here to complain about the attributes not mattering enough in DBC, well I feel I *may* be making some progress now. (I am into 1,100 hours on DBC now)

It appears that on a 50 over match, (specifically One Day category), with hack 1.01, Australia are far outclassing Bermuda, bowling as both sides, soft, green pitch.

AUS 349/6 (50) - M. Marsh 79
BER 143/10 (38) - No batsman made over 26.

Again, the cricket sublime throughout. I even had a rebound catch off a slip fielder's arm.

More to come...

I have been playing the debug version-normal pressure on veteran difficulty and I am glad that AI now understands the required run rate better. It is an absolute treat to bowl and outsmart the batsman using the crease and variations. The only 2 things that I could point out are batsmen running themselves out (I had to stop the fielder on multiple occasions from shooting down the stumps so I could earn the wicket in a more satisfying way) and the other thing is that even though AI bats excellently throughout the innings, for some reason, they aren't agressive enough in the last over. For instance, on 3 ocassions AI needed less than 10 runs from the last over and the batsmen never once attempted an aerial shot when they were smashing me around the park a couple of overs back.
Apart from that it has been a pleasure playing the patch.

You know I only come here to complain about the attributes not mattering enough in DBC, well I feel I *may* be making some progress now. (I am into 1,100 hours on DBC now)

It appears that on a 50 over match, (specifically One Day category), with hack 1.01, Australia are far outclassing Bermuda, bowling as both sides, soft, green pitch.

AUS 349/6 (50) - M. Marsh 79
BER 143/10 (38) - No batsman made over 26.

Again, the cricket sublime throughout. I even had a rebound catch off a slip fielder's arm.

More to come...

Yeah I didn't mention I only play 50over games...and most games I have are very real!

Yeah I didn't mention I only play 50over games...and most games I have are very real!

tests are perfect on this. AI generally bats well - and actually i see a difference in how different batsmen play in terms of aggression. all tests go 3 days and most go into 4th. have got into the last session of the 4th day a couple of times but never 5th.

haven't seen the AI get many tons against me, to be fair: plenty of 50 to 80 odd, but not tons.

Wow, looks like I've missed out on something great here! I stopped playing DBC14 a while ago mainly because I got a bit fed up with the bowling, but I just read through all of this thread and it looks like this hack has given it a new lease of life, big thanks to @francobaldo1 for your hard work!

Really tempted to try getting back into the game giving this hack a go - just need to sort out my graphical mods as it's in a bit of a mess from my experimentation from when I made mods :p.

Users who are viewing this thread