MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I suppose I may as well float publicly something that has been considered - whether people would support changing the Five5 match type, and thus ranked quick matches, to have a reduced amount of wickets per team - in order to give some incentive to care about your wicket online.

My worry about any specific changes that might make online play differently - such as mentioned above with a limit on how far you could move in your crease - would be that people are naturally going to find new exploits, I could imagine if batting got limited in some way, then there would be a delivery bowlers could then use that would be very hard to counter, that currently isn't.

I've certainly had some interesting and fun online matches so far.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yeah @MattW , I agree , its maybe too early to just change anything in the Online setup now . Lets just first get a good amount of matches under the belt and then we can see where the trend goes .

But what surely must change with the next Patch is the settings for Pitch , Umpire selection etc. needs to be brought back so that we can set it the way we want and not random as it is now .

Any all the well known bugs and stuff that doesnt work as it was planned (Batting,Fielding)

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
@MattW

Yeah , forgot that one . In public its viewable , but a privately sent Invite you have no idea , and nowhere to even look .

Jerm had to ask me on Whatsapp whats the difficulty , so defnitly needs to be shown somewhere .

D

Deleted member 9102

I know that people exploiting and cheesing is to be expected from any online game when you're just using random matchmaking and especially when there's ranked matches/leaderboards... But for me DBC14 was one of the worst online experiences at default/quick match I've ever played, after a handful of games I was done with it.

The format (5 over/10 wickets) contributed towards creating a mess that bore no resemblance to cricket at all. It was better when arranging matches through adding people and playing a longer/custom format.

I haven't played 17 yet, but I really don't think a 5 over/10 wickets format can be enjoyable for me, no matter how balanced the gameplay is, so I would support changes being made here... I think 2 wickets for a 5 over innings would balance out the risk/reward much better, or maybe 3 wickets/10 overs.

Last edited by a moderator:

ben1983

School Cricketer
Hate when you rack up a good score then the other player disconnects, should be accounted for on the leaderboard ☹

Rohit Basu

Banned
There should be given bonus points to the leaderboard and there are too manny players who quit or disconnect after batting they should be banned for online play.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Had a bloke set up way outside off for a large percentage of deliveries, to counter I would bowl even more outside off almost off the pitch which would be considered a fair delivery for a batter setting up there, but would still be called a wide. I know it would be hard to implement what balls would be considered a wide while the bowler is running in, but just bringing it to attention.

I wooped his ass with the bat though with some nice movement around the crease of my own, which was really fun.

I like that we can see the batter premeditating coming down the wicket, whenever I saw this I'de just put the ball short or wide.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Had a bloke set up way outside off for a large percentage of deliveries, to counter I would bowl even more outside off almost off the pitch which would be considered a fair delivery for a batter setting up there, but would still be called a wide.

Did you try bowling on the stumps? If yes, was he able to hit shots to deliveries bowled on the stumps even though he was standing way outside off?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yeah i would bowl an outswinger to a right hand outside leg, which would swing "out" and hit leg stump.....see if he can reach those!

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Did anyone try to move the Batsman down the pitch while taking stance in offline matches. I tried to move the Batsman down the pitch in a casual match yesterday but not able to push him more than 4 or 5 steps. He started moving backwards when I pushed him more.

When this limitation can be done in offline matches why can't this be done in online. Same way, why can't we have a limitation for batsman moving offside or onside in the crease.

I don't say that he should move at all. But standing near wide line is something crazy.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Did anyone try to move the Batsman down the pitch while taking stance in offline matches. I tried to move the Batsman down the pitch in a casual match yesterday but not able to push him more than 4 or 5 steps. He started moving backwards when I pushed him more.

When this limitation can be done in offline matches why can't this be done in online. Same way, why can't we have a limitation for batsman moving offside or onside in the crease.

I don't say that he should move at all. But standing near wide line is something crazy.

i have batted half way done the pitch and outside off offline and could smash everything through onside...

if someone did this to me online i reckon round the wicket short fast leg cutters might be the way round it?

boyid95

Club Cricketer
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
You can have a game with me and you can take that stance. Let me see how you connect those shots.
Its all in the art of bowling and I do include spin as well.
Yes Bro Its all about bowling and there r many thing to learn,people take stance but still they r not able to do much with stance because i know how to control that,so people who all are crying stance wide line n all do not know how to bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread